Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Autumn 2020 onwards

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Still in bed. Think its raining but cant be bothered to look. Very late night with my boys having a lads night with a 10 year old and an 11 year old can be very silly. Scalectrix was great fun after 30 years this old dog still has it..??????

• Like 8

Posted

Well in spite of high pressure we have had a lot of rain these last two nights and ground is saturated.Very busy day yesterday with three calvings one of which ended up as a caesarian with a very grumpy cow. At least it was done in daylight.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

I'd  be a very grumpy cow too if I'd had a caesar. Am just sayin.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

It's dull and chilly out, but dry. I have a sore head.

Temperature currently 8.3deg.C up from a minimum of 5.9deg.C at 07:20, humidity is 86%, there's no wind, no rain, pressure is 1028.9hPa steady, and there is 8/8 cloud cover but it's pretty thin.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
5 hours ago, mardatha said:

I'd  be a very grumpy cow too if I'd had a caesar. Am just sayin.

I like chicken caesar ... Oh right

Posted

I see we have more emojis to choose from. Must be winter coming. A foul day here different levels of drizzle and a cold feel to it.

• Like 5

Posted

The Aberdeenshire Permagloom™ lifted for a short time today but normal service was resumed by early afternoon with temperatures falling away steadily 6.9c currently. At least I managed to stay dry while out cycling at lunchtime and walking the dogs afterwards. Treating myself to a takeaway now and enjoying a wee glass of something strong.

• Like 9

Posted

Another very misty drizzly evening making everything saturated again. Local tattie grower going on tonight ploughing through heaps of mud to harvest seed. Currently 8c

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
2 hours ago, Sanserit said:

The Aberdeenshire Permagloom™ lifted for a short time today but normal service was resumed by early afternoon with temperatures falling away steadily 6.9c currently. At least I managed to stay dry while out cycling at lunchtime and walking the dogs afterwards. Treating myself to a takeaway now and enjoying a wee glass of something strong.

Similar down here. Some brightness for a time this morning then the cloud thickened from lunchtime. Just a spit of rain but gloomy pm. Max of 10.5C at lunchtime.

• Like 4

Posted

Shock, horror, sunshine!

For one minute at 10am.

Then a return to Aberdeenshire Permagloom™ with the added frisson of heavy drizzle showers off and on in the afternoon.  Light winds, max of 8c.

See there has been a rash of attempted dog-napping around Aberdeen the last few days, some real low-lifes our there.  Closer to home, friend nearby had their recycling bin stolen the other day - found dumped in a ditch a few miles away, contents lying everywhere.  Another low-life, this time looking for paperwork to do identity theft.  It's going to be a long fraught winter at this rate. 

Snag_24631a0.thumb.png.43e37b73f9da9387277c3fbbe9f22b7d.png

• Like 8

Posted

Just back from my parents' house up in Glasgow where I had lunch. Usually we sit out in the front garden between the bins and the jaggy yellow bush to comply with Covid19 restrictions (the rules don't specifically mention either bins or jaggy yellow bushes, just to be clear,) but today it was drizzling up there so they sat me in the front porch and they sat at the other end of the hall. They are both on final approach to their 90s and really quite deaf so it was an interesting conversation. Actually it was at least two conversations; the one I was having and the one they thought we were having. Hey ho.

Temperature currently 10.0deg.C, max was 10.7deg.C at 15:00 and min was 6.2deg.C at 04:22, humidity is 85%, wind is very light to light from the southeast, pressure is 1021.7hPa falling quickly, and there's been no rain here despite 8/8 cloud cover that looks threatening.

• Like 8

Posted

Wow..... what an amazing game... the Mighty Hammers strike again.

Edited by Mair Snaw
  • Like 2

Posted

Just a quick question from me... is there a difference in say 50m asl in the far north of scotland to say 50m asl in Aberdeenshire?? Would 50m in the far north be the equivalent to sag 100m in Aberdeenshire?? 

Posted

Very acceptable morning with some decent spells of sunshine.

Snag_1e56fba.thumb.png.1b8324830455839434ca3ca9f33fcdb6.png

Downhill after that with the afternoon dry but completely overcast and feeling downright cold if you weren't moving around, even though winds were light.

Max of 8c.

Kids negotiating (nagging) for access to Netflix at the moment, looking at the weather forecast for the next few days, I suspect the parents will acquiesce with a months trial starting tomorrow 

• Like 5

Posted

@Quinach if you are a sky Q customer you will receive netflix as part of your package so maybe worth a call to them..

Posted

Another bike ride and a longer than normal dog walk meant I worked up enough heat to stave off the chill thats becoming noticeable now that the Aberdeenshire Permagloom is settling in. High of 10.7c, low of 5.1c but no rain and just a gentle breeze.

F195965E-9CCA-4140-987A-917451282843_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.45a7e41fbe99debcf6261f276999b0fe.jpeg 06E3015B-0623-48ED-AEBE-BEA7ADF9E548_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.6b9cdabed7a78cb93fefb627abafcbd4.jpeg 

• Like 8

Posted

We've been very lucky here to have had a long and unseasonable run of decent mid-autumn weather with light winds, sparse cloud and bright days. Not any more.

Temperature currently 10.9deg.C up from a minimum of 9.2deg.C at midnight, humidity is 95%, the wind is blowing from the southeast at between 1 and 10mph, pressure is 1010.9 falling, 7.0mm of rain has fallen so far today with a maximum rate of 12.2mm/hr at 07:17 and it's cloudy and very dull.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
10 hours ago, Quinach said:

Very acceptable morning with some decent spells of sunshine.

Aye it was, which let me get a bit more garden tidying done before it went downhill. Definetly downhill this morning, with 7C, grey and misty, with heavy drizzle/light rain (nearly 3mm since 6am). A really yuk sort of day. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!
11 hours ago, Mair Snaw said:

Just a quick question from me... is there a difference in say 50m asl in the far north of scotland to say 50m asl in Aberdeenshire?? Would 50m in the far north be the equivalent to sag 100m in Aberdeenshire?? 

I don't know MS, but the far north west seems to get a lot of snow inland anyway. Somebody on here will have charts and statistics. Only prob is that they get an awful lot of rain as well.

• Thanks 1

Posted

Dreich. Rain has really set in again too. Gonna be a wet night me thinks

• Like 2