Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Autumn 2020 onwards

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Certainly a cold edge to that fresh North Easterly wind this morning. Sunny intervals but even in the sun cold feeling in the wind. Temp up to 11C now from a low of 4C this morning.

• Like 3

Posted

A useable day of 50:50 sunshine and cloud, peppered with a couple of showers in the late afternoon/early evening.

Max of 10c and light winds.

Snag_1ca4ae0.thumb.png.9c3e441c97e20f3290dde72b12219e75.png

Snag_1ca99bb.thumb.png.dc86768d022eb8be9eb3c666eb3780d6.png

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

It's a hit and miss sort of morning, bright enough but a fair bit of broken cloud about. Calm though and dry, and a warmer morning than recently.

Temperature currently 9.7deg.C up from a minimum of 7.6deg.C at midnight, humidity is 92%, there's no wind and no rain, pressure is 1030.2hPa rising and there's 5/8 cloud cover.

• Like 5

Posted
12 hours ago, Mair Snaw said:

@Mr Frost i might be moving to Carrbridge is that anywhere near Scandinavia ??

It is in January and February.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!
18 hours ago, Mair Snaw said:

@Mr Frost i might be moving to Carrbridge is that anywhere near Scandinavia ??

Fifteen minutes drive from there mate! 

B0DCA579-7CFA-4A5C-8604-0D84ACAF0430.thumb.jpeg.9d99355951e1f5e4503596f4a4621dcf.jpeg

https://www.scandinavian-village.co.uk

With regards to Winter 2020/21 the ECM seasonal forecast (updated every month) for December is looking decent for us!

Greenland High signal/vibes there...:santa-emoji::snowman-emoji:

Temperature:

0B1BEB1D-E773-42E8-8EA8-E44CF00C1133.thumb.jpeg.18f15fcdf5dc4e78877d461a5f415fe1.jpeg

Precipitation:

4503D49C-BF9D-4E95-8701-EF4FE12BD0CC.thumb.png.bce50fe719c43cda254fc5591d59b7b8.png

As ever subject to change at this range - nice to look at though.

If I had to pick/choose a cold/snowy spell in a Winter month - December would be the one! 

Current weather - sunshine, odd light shower blowing through and a temperature of 12C.

3B09C61D-E2C7-4C6F-9BD5-BB75FD026D7C.thumb.jpeg.a153c5fdba8e9aaf05ef92cabfdaba44.jpeg

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
6 hours ago, Puffy MacCloud said:

It is in January and February.

Only January and February??

• Like 2

Posted

Not much of a day for being out and about, even if we were allowed to.

Temperature currently 10.7deg.C down from a max of 13.3deg.C at 12:17, only very light winds mainly from west-north-west, humidity now 85%, pressure 1032.5hPa steady, very light drizzle earlier but not enough to register, and the cloud has filled in a bit to 6/8 cover.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

A few of these this evening have gone down a treat..

Not such a bad day here in the end.. even managed to get out for a walk about town.

20201014_221845.jpg

• Like 5

Posted

I was speaking to my daughter, who lives in the north of Spain, earlier today about the new Covid19 restrictions that the region has been put under and she was telling me how she and her friends were feeling a bit under a cloud at the moment. Then, this evening, she sent me the photo below, saying "this is the cloud we're under, the end of the world is nigh". She wants to know what it is and for some reason thinks I would know. Any ideas?

Spain.jpg

• Like 7

Posted

Bright, dry, calm and cold sums up this morning. A nice autumnal day. Time to get out and kick leaves.

Temperature currently 2.4deg.C up from a min of 1.6deg.C at 08:20, humidity is 97%, there's no wind and there's been no rain so far today, pressure is at 1033.0hPa steady, and cloud cover is 3/8.

• Like 5

Posted
9 hours ago, Puffy MacCloud said:

Bright, dry, calm and cold sums up this morning. A nice autumnal day. Time to get out and kick leaves.

Strangely for this area and time of year, most of the leaves are still on the trees. I have two rowans whose leaves haven't even started to change colour yet. The only tree that is happily shedding it's leaves is my Canadian maple!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Well we decided to have a few, as socially dustanced as possible, days away in the motorhome. Tue night we stayed at a forestry commission car park in Glen Croe (between Drumnadrochit and Cannich) which was free (allowed as part of a trial), last night we stopped at a small site to the south side of Loch Ness (£15), and tonight we are parked at the RSPB Osprey centre at Loch Garden (allowed and free, but we've made an online donation). Normally we'd stop at proper sites but when they are still looking for £25-£30 per night even with no toilet blocks open we thought we'd try a bit of responsible wild camping. 

The weather has been changeable. Pee'd it down on the first day around Inverness but cleared up as we parked up. Wed was a decent day at times, with broken sunshine. Today was grey and chilly but dry and dead calm. 

The dog has been enjoying all the walks, as have we. There are some stunning autumnal colours around, just a pity there's haven't been more bright, crisp days to make othe scenery more photogenic. 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Cloudy all day here but stayed  just about dry. Temps didn't vary much from a min of 6.0C to a max of 9.8C. More of the same coming up in the next couple of days in this part of the country I fear. 

• Like 4

Posted
14 hours ago, Sanserit said:

Strangely for this area and time of year, most of the leaves are still on the trees. I have two rowans whose leaves haven't even started to change colour yet. The only tree that is happily shedding it's leaves is my Canadian maple!

Actually you are quite right. There were three leaves down and even although I kicked them each twice it was a less than satisfying experience.

Temperature currently 2.6deg.C up from a minimum of 1.7deg.C at 07:54, humidity is 96%, there's no wind and there's been no rain so far today, pressure is 1031.7hPa steady and well broken cloud amounts to 3/8 cover.

Edited by Puffy MacCloud
spelling
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
2 hours ago, Puffy MacCloud said:

or there are Jehovah’s Witnesses about to appear on my doorstep

Just open the door not wearing a mask and coughing loudly. 

Crappy start to the day in Speyside with mist and heavy, drenching drizzle. Cleared up around mid day on the Morayshire Coast, but retained a sheet of cloud so it stayed on the chilly side. Having one more night away then back home tomorrow, as not only does the weather look pants next week, there are lots of jobs to be done before the return to work on 26th.

• Like 3

Posted

As expected here pretty much identical to yesterday. Max of 11.1C, min of 6.5C and cloudy all day. Just a tad milder and with less of a breeze.

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 2

Posted

Another day of Aberdeenshire Permagloom™.

Max of 9c, light winds, occasional drizzle and not a hint of any sunshine.

Snag_1f549d5.thumb.png.b70ebc4bca13bf6fede98b1a07726e37.png

• Like 3