Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Can one 433mz sensor transmitter be received by two different weather stations?

Can one 433mz sensor transmitter be received by two different weather stations?

ie. I have one Acctim weather station on 433mhz. The sensor broke, so it's not displaying temp and humidity for outside. It has three channels to select.

I am about to buy a new temp/humidity product with three sensors, the receiver will show four lines of temp/humidity. One for each of the sensors and one for the receiver uint. It also operates at 433mz. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06WP4LYC3/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=AZV1Z18ZCU603&psc=1

Will I be able to link one of the new sensors (placed outside) to the new unit, but also to the old Acctim, so I won't have to buy a new sensor for the Acctim? The Acctim is hubbies alarm clock, and he wan't it to display the outside temp.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

If the two weather stations are made by the same manufacturer then you are in with a chance.

If not then very unlikely as each company uses proprietary data transmission from the sensor that the station receives. The old station if not by the same manufacturer will likely not understand the new sensor and so will display nothing.

Even then if the old station is very old then the new sensor may still not work with it if the data signal has been changed in anyway. Sorry not a great answer but hope it helps to avoid expectations that it will work when it quite probably wont.