MID/LATE AUTUMN HORSE RACING COMPETITION

Morning all,

I would now like to start a Thread for my next venture - the  MID/LATE AUTUMN HORSE RACING COMPETITION.

The Competition will encompass the whole of October and November, and we'll be globetrotting around the World to some famous Horse Racing venues.

The Competition will begin another "Double Header", from the superb ITV Racing Team.

Saturday sees a total of 8 Competition Races from Ascot, Newmarket and Redcar.

On Sunday, we hope across the English Channel to Longchamp, on the Western edge of Paris.

We will see the eagerly awaited clash between the "Queen of the Turf" (ENABLE), and the new  "Princess on the Block" (LOVE).

In the past 4 Decades or so, I've developed quite a liking for an Irish Filly.

My first Wife below, had Irish blood from both sides of her Family.

image.png.839db1a418facbf421c40ffa8f0ec4f4.png 

image.png.ba2433f1611f6933cc6d6a40d40d2402.png

My second Wife above, seen here at her Marriage to some old f--t, on her Mother's side has Irish roots firmly buried in the Bogs of Central Ireland (County Laois)

And these 2 very nice Irish Brunettes caught my eye, Years ago:

image.png.643573cb58d2d6a5b88f5ce862edcfb1.png - Andrea Corr of The Corrs, and 

image.png.be532ecaba83c89406759fd36d32bfee.png - Dervla Kirwan of Ballykissangel fame.

But on the 7th June another very attractive Irish Filly, made her way on to my Radar, when storming home in the English 2,000 Guineas at Newmarket and then she followed up in equally impressive style, in the English Oaks, on July 4th.                          The aptly named LOVE -

image.png.8566fcd647e92b3de9e9987deb265dbd.png

Her beauty only matched by her Racecourse, brilliance.

But enough of my infatuation with Irish Fillies.

In the next few Days, I will Post up the programme for the Competition Races, for this coming Weekend.

I'm hoping that al of the Entrants that entered my previous Horse Racing Competition, will enter again.

If there are any other Members who would like to Enter, please indicate your wish to do so, by Posting on this Thread.

Thank you.

In a short while, I will Post up some previous Youtube clips of Prix de L'Arc de Triomphes, from Yesteryear.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:🏇 

image.png

• Like 2
  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Listed below, are the overall Standings, after Ascot's, Champion's Day Meeting:                                               MID/LATE AUTUMN HORSE RACING COMPETITION                        

Well, i'm on a bad run, at present; even my midweek footie accums i've missed out by one result this week. Will post selections for tomorrow's racing tom morn.

Morning all, Hope yourselves and your Families are all well. Well, I finally broke my personal "lockdown" of nigh on 8 Months, Yesterday Afternoon. I finally ventured out of my front do

Posted Images

Before I Post up some Youtube clips of previous Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe Races, I'd like to give notice of some important Race dates, that will feature prominently in the Competition, after this coming Weekend: 

GROUP 1 FILLIES MILE - Friday 9th Oct. (Newmarket).

GROUP 1 DEWHURST STAKES - Saturday 10th Oct. (Newmarket). 

CESAREWITCH HANDICAP - Saturday 10th Oct. (Newmarket).

QIPCO CHAMPIONS DAY - Saturday 17th Oct. (Ascot).

🇦🇺MELBOURNE CUP - Tuesday 3rd Nov. (Flemington, Melbourne).

🇺🇸BREEDERS CUP - Friday/Saturday 6th/7th Nov. (Keeneland, Kentucky). 

I will Post up those Youtube clips, later on Today.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi: 🏇

• Like 1

Morning all,

There seems to be some growing concern coming out of Aidan O'Brien's Ballydoyle Stable, regarding ground conditions for Sunday's "Arc." The present going is already Very soft and with further rain Forecast for the end of the Week, this may hinder the chances of his super Filly, LOVE.

Should O'Brien decide to take her out of Sunday's line-up, heavy ground may not be the reason for her absenteeism.

The fault may lie with Yours Truly. Let me explain.

A few Weeks ago I wrote to Love's Father, Galileo, asking for his Daughter's hoof in marriage.

I felt extremely "put out", to receive the following brusque reply:

"Dear Sir, would you please stop this ridiculous infatuation you have for my Daughter.

Why on Earth would Love be interested in someone who is 62 Years her Senior and resembles a modern-day version, of the Piltdown Man?

When she feels it is the right time to retire to the Paddocks, there will be far more suitable types, queuing up  to have a relationship with my beautiful Daughter.

I have informed the Garda (Irish Police), the French Gendermarie and Interpol, to be on the lookout for a 65 Year Old, Equine Stalker.

Your most recent Photofit has been circulated to those Organisations, mentioned above:

image.png.06e0aa6a6b4d3ddc8366dea4e25109fe.png

Now please desist in your stalking activities and your delusional thoughts about my Daughter.

Yours threateningly,

Galileo."

How very rude!! To think I've blown his trumpet to all and sundry, who cared to listen.

He also went on to say, that he has asked Mr.O'Brien to keep his Daughter safely under lock and key.

Also, "If she is declared a Non-Runner on Sunday, and Mr.O'Brien decides to reroute my Daughter to Ascot, on Champions Day, should you continue with this lunacy, you will be placed under house arrest for that Day."

I think his success at Stud, has gone to his head and Galileo has become far too big for his horseshoes.

I must give praise to my Wife,  though who has remained very supportive and loyal, throughout  her Husband's love-struck behaviour towards LOVE, and anyway my Wife kindly rose from her sickbed Yesterday to assist in helping me to have a shave.

So, Mr. Bigshot Super Stallion, I no longer resemble that "mugshot" and look almost half Human, now.

I now feel like that Horse in the advert, who's become a Non-Runner because he's going through a break up.

But my Wife consoled me with the following thought:

"Darling, there are many more pretty Galileo Fillies, in the Sea. They're "2 a Penny", aren't they?"

This is perfectly true of course but will there ever be another Love ? - image.thumb.png.66817ac09e4ef7ce8949b1bae2089132.png   

I think I've been spoken to like that, because I'm Male.

I bet Galileo didn't speak like that to all the Mares he's had relationships with, during his time at Stud. 

Right, enough Tomfoolery from me.

In a short while I will return with some Youtube clips of some successful Punting "Arc" memories, plus a painful one, of a Relative of mine.

Yours inconsolable,

Tom. :hi: 🏇  

• Like 1

Afternoon all,

I will Post those Youtube clips of Previous Prix de L'Arc Triomphe Races later this Evening, promise!!

But first, I would like to Post up this Youtube clip of Aidan O'Brien talking about his main contenders, for Sunday's "Arc".

They appear in the following order: LOVE, MOGUL, SERPENTINE and JAPAN. All of course Sired by Galileo.:

Although O'Brien doesn't mention SOVEREIGN, also by Galileo, he is declared to run.

O'Brien has withdrawn the very talented Galileo Mare MAGICAL, though.

Regards,

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 1

In a short while, I will Post up some Youtube clips of some pleasant punting memories, in the "Arc."

But first I will Post up a Video clip of a Son of Galileo and a Full Brother to Japan, fetching an incredible 3.4 Million Guineas at Auction:

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:🏇

• Like 1

Unlike Saturday's Cambridgeshire, Longchamp's Arc de Triomphe has been a pretty lucky Race for Yours Truly, during my Punting Years.

In the late '70's and early '80's, I had a good run of backing lightly raced 3 Year Old, French Trained Fillies.

French Trainers would give their "Arc" contenders a Summer rest, and would **lay them out**, for the Big Race.

For some reason, perhaps biological, Fillies improve in late Summer/Autumn.

Below, is a Youtube clip of 3 Year Old French Filly THREE TROIKAS, winning the 1979 "Arc", despite having the burden of my money, on her back. I'll let Sir Peter O'Sullevan take up the Story:

The following Year, DETROIT fitted the bill and carried my money to victory. Again, Sir Peter with the commentary:

In 1982,Sir Peter calls home, French trained 3 Year Old Filly  AKIYDA , who holds off Ardross and Lester Piggott in a driving finish, to land another nice "touch" for Yours Truly:

**NB** - JARGON BUST.  **lay them out** - To train a Horse with the intention of winning a specific Race.

Regards,

Edited by TomSE12

I'll leave you with a Youtube clip of ITV/SKY Racing's Matt Chapman, and his all time Top Ten, "Arc" Winners:

Regards,

Morning all,

I've suggested to my Wife, that we have a French themed Day on Sunday, to mark the running of one of the World's greatest Horse Races.

I've suggested Colette should put her fantastic Culinary skills to use, and cook up a delicious -      

image.png.df2f8d259e060d0b352b2b5be388d90b.png BOEUF BOURGUIGNON, image.thumb.png.d0c4e2b6a2b76667acbcf545ae0a5f0d.png COQ AU VIN,

image.thumb.png.603b22218d34583b61afe9554779e8a8.png or PORK CASSOULET.

I've requested that she could serve this all up, dressed as my favourite French Actress -

Colette is much more - image.thumb.png.7af5518b879a5bfde182b5d80e332793.png ANOUK AIMEE

than - image.thumb.png.7d9cce1518da7c9dd16054aa5c0ee271.png BRIDGET BARDOT.

Myself and my 2 Stepsons, could dress as Frenchmen - image.png.a58d1315f64a455829ee8d34ec0e5287.png

with Berets and string of garlic, to match.

After the Big Race, we could settle down and watch one of my favourite French Films, the Psychological thriller - image.png.a2223a15a4187b5ec82e09aa23bc7075.png  LE BOUCHER.

Or if the Family fancy something much lighter  image.png.ef58ba45205498ed1e3c56a3223bff6c.png   

Jacques Tati's, MONSIUER HULOT's HOLIDAY. 

Regards,

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 2

I've often mentioned Galileo's Sire image.thumb.png.ee25274fa7d2617c7afe336891ed6eb9.png SADLER'S WELLS.

But never mentioned his Mother -  image.png.6e5b666a60ac488bd6c1af1a80a686ec.png URBAN SEA.

She was no slouch, on the Racecourse herself. Here she is below, winning the 1993 "Arc":  

In 2006 she Foaled Galileo's half Brother - SEA THE STARS (by Cape Cross). Sea The Stars like his half Brother, won the Epsom Derby in 2009, and went on to emulate his Mother, by winning the "Arc" in the same Year.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi: 🏇  

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 1

I've been in contact with Gav (SUMMER SUN), and it's his turn to have an additional Category, dedicated to him.

Category 1, will be entitled - SUMMER SUN'S WEEKEND TRIXIE.

Category 1, will consist of 2 Races on Saturday and the "Arc", on Sunday.

I will Post up the Racing Post links to Saturday's Competition Races plus one for the "Arc", Tomorrow Lunchtime.

Regards,

• Like 1

ITV are scheduled to show the following four races, on Sunday from Longchamp:

1.20 Qatar Prix Marcel Boussac.

1.55 Qatar Prix Jean-Luc Lagardere.

2.25 Qatar Arabian World Cup.

3.05 Qatar PRIX DE L'ARC DE TRIOMPHE.

As it's being shown Live, I will include the Arabian World Cup (2.25), in the Competition.
When I worked for Sunderland Credit Bookmakers, there wasn't much interest in Arab Racing. We only laid Clients very small Bets on Arab Thoroughbred Racing, just to offer them a Service.

We're very fortunate to be able to watch Enable's last Race Live, and I'm probably being greedy but I thought ITV would also show the Prix de L'Abbaye de Longchamp (4.30) but ITV's Broadcast finishes at 3.30.

But never fear, I will include this important Group 1 Sprint, in the Competition. Old friend BATTAASH, is the current Favourite for the Race. Below is a link to the Odds comparison Website, Oddschecker, showing the latest Odds, for the Prix de L'Abbaye:

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/international/prix-de-labbaye/winner

I will also include 2 Group 1 Races on Longchamp's brilliant, Saturday card.

These will be the Prix de Royallieu, and the Prix du Cadran.

Another International Race I will include, will be the Preakness Stakes at Pimlico in Baltimore, Maryland. This Race, constitutes 1 Leg of the American Triple Crown.

There will be a total of 11 Races, on an action packed first Day of the Competition.

I will Post up the Racing Post links to the Declarations for Saturday's 11 Competition Races, Tomorrow Lunchtime.

Also, details of additional Category 1 -  SUMMER SUN'S WEEKEND TRIXIE. 

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:🏇

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Dreckly said:

Thanks for the info., on the old Fella.

It's just as well his offspring win so many Races, and he receives Royalties.

He obviously doesn't stay with all these Women, he's had Children with.

He has to pay a fortune to the Child Support Agency!! :shok:

Had a conversation with Paul (BR7) earlier and we are both concerned about the likely Going conditions at Longchamp, come Sunday Afternoon.

UKMO 12z (t96)                                         GFS 12z (t96)                                    

image.thumb.png.e8290bdfa338dcfcfba6f168b4791a85.png image.thumb.png.7e612a5de4808892b542af8e41b818f0.png

ECMWF 12z (t96)

image.thumb.png.40391d6b385c241579ec05b77374eb85.png

Across the board agreement then, for a very unsettled end to the Week, and continuing into Sunday.

I can remember some murmurings a few Weeks ago that Love may not be at her best, on heavy ground.

Both myself and Paul are wondering if the ground becomes too bad, that O'Brien may withdraw his Filly and save her for the Mile and a Quarter Champion Stakes, on Champion's Day at Ascot, on Sat. 17th Oct,

We both are thinking that MOGUL is entering calculations, for the "Arc."

He was very impressive when winning his "Arc" Trial, the Grand Prix de Paris by 2 and half lengths from In Swoop, one of his rivals on Sunday. Although the going was good that Day, he stayed on really well that and is held in very high regard, at Ballydoyle.

He looks pretty good value at his current Odds of 20/1 with Hills. Below, is a Youtube clip of Mogul's "Arc" Trial:

Below, is a link to the Odds comparison Website Oddschecker, for the latest "Arc" Odds:

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/international/prix-de-larc-de-triomphe-2020/winner

As you can see, LOVE is drifting like the proverbial barge!!

The French Trained 4 Year Colt SOTTSASS is coming in for consistent support and has won on heavy ground, and was 3rd to Waldgeist (Enable 2nd), in last Year's "Arc". Below, is a Youtube clip of last Year's "Arc":

Hope that the Weather doesn't "gatecrash" Enable's leaving Party and is so bad, that the Meeting gets abandoned.

In all the Years I've been watching the "Arc" (50+), I can't ever remember it being abandoned, due to the Weather. 

Regards,

• Like 1

I think if the going is just soft she (Love) might still run, I also saw that Serpentine has been supplemented in the Arc.

Below quote via Timeform

https://www.timeform.com/horse-racing/news/serpentine-supplemented-for-arc-3092020

" Serpentine blew away the cobwebs on his first public outing for 71 days when fourth to stablemate Mogul in the Grand Prix de Paris over the Arc course and distance two and a half weeks ago.

Mogul, Japan, Sovereign and dual Classic-winner Love complete the Ballydoyle trainer’s raiding party.

Andre Fabre is the leading Arc trainer with eight victories and he looks to a ninth with Persian King, who will be stepping up to a mile and a half for the first time.

He won the Prix du Moulin from Pinatubo over a mile on his latest start and it has been announced Persian King will stand at the Haras D’Etreham Stud next year.

Other leading fancies heading to Paris include John Gosden’s pair of dual Arc heroine Enable and champion stayer Stradivarius plus local hopes Sottsass, In Swoop and Raabihah.

A further 0.9 millimetres of rain fell at the track in the last 24 hours, making a total of 14.4mm so far this week, with the going reported to be very soft and an unsettled forecast ahead of the weekend."

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Dreckly said:

Love is out of the Arc, runners :

Bonjour mes Amis,

Just tuning up for Sunday, with some "Francais elementaire."

Sacre bleu Jackie, I'm not at all surprised at that News. Her Odds were "drifting like a Barge", on Oddschecker last Night, out from 13/8 to 4/1.

That's normally a sign, that a Horse is about to be withdrawn.

Below, is a link to the report of Love's defection, in the Racing Post.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/arc-countdown/love-out-of-the-arc-as-15-declared-for-longchamp-showdown/452724

I thought O'Brien might run her in the Champion Stakes, on Champion's Day at Ascot on Saturday Week but there is no guarantee that the going will be any better by then, with such an unsettled spell of Weather coming up.

Quote - B.B.

"In Swoop, for BB. Will relish the very soft going."

Interesting call, B.B. In Swoop run very well in the Grand Prix de Paris behind Mogul, and was staying on well in the closing stages. A lot of German Bred Horses seem to like cut in the ground.

I don't know anything about his Sire, Adlerflug but Monsun, another German Sire, produced a lot of Horses that appreciated soft/heavy going.

Regards,

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 2

Talking of Germany leads me into my next Post. 

But first I want to add another very tenuous link to proceedings.

When talking about attractive Irish Fillies the other Day, I should have added this Lady to the List:

image.thumb.png.aa4078f51f1ee39d85081c3dd2a2e5bf.png KATIE WALSH, seen here with Big Brother Ruby.

She was a very talented Jockette and was a favourite of both Antony/Hayley (BR7).

And here comes the tenuous link.

Ruby and Katie's Father Ted - image.png.80338b1fcd2838c877698b9a02f9790b.png no not him.

This fella - image.png.5a51c736d2f6c7dcb9619f0a7e0b6f1b.png - was the spitting image of my dearly departed, Uncle George.

Like a lot of the Males in my Family, he liked a little gamble and was a pretty lucky Punter.

Back in the 1970's he won a very nice sum, on the Football Pools. He was a very generous Man and gave a sum to his Relatives, including his Brothers (one of which, was my Father).

He would visit us on a Sunday Evening with a Cousin of mine, and the Cards would come out.

I think the term "Poker Face" was invented for my Uncle George, and you could never tell what sort of hand he had,

Because he was considered to be a shrewd operator, his Brothers nicknamed him, "Spiv."

But Uncle G's luck ran out, when he backed the 1975 "Arc" Winner Star Appeal.

Play up a bit of his "Pools" win, he had £5 E.W. on the Pari-Mutuel (French Tote) on Star Appeal, who was Trained in Germany and considered to be a no-hoper. The Horse was ridden by Englishman Greville Starkey, who was famous for doing Dog impressions, in the middle of Races.

Below, is a Youtube clip of Star Appeal's 1975 "Arc" win. Apologies for the Commentary being in German and I'm ashamed to say, I don't understand a word of it, even though I had a German Grandfather born in Essen:

Uncle George had place the Bet with a one-man band Bookmaker, in Croydon, Surrey.

The Betting Shop where he placed the Bet, was a little way from where I was to Work some 16 Years later.

Uncle G. had placed the Bet on the Saturday, a Day before the Race. Back in 1975, Betting Shops weren't allowed to open. Star Appeal paid 118/1, on the French Tote and Uncle G. was expecting a windfall return of £660+.

But when he went to collect his winnings the Day after the Race, the very disgruntled Betting Shop Owner informed him that he would only being paying him around £200.

The Bookmaker had applied a Ruling he had, which stated that if the Odds of a Horse on the Pari-Mutuel System, exceeded the English Bookmakers Odds by more than 3 times, he would be paid out at the English Odds, which if memory serves, was around 33/1.

Those were the perils in those Days of Betting on a Foreign Countries Tote System with a "Small" Bookmaker, with those sorts of Rules.

In a short while, I will Post up the Racing Post links to the Declarations for Saturday's Races, on Day 1 of the -          MID/LATE AUTUMN HORSE RACING COMPETITION. 

I will also Post details up of additional Category 1 - SUMMER SUN'S WEEKEND TRIXIE

Regards,

• Like 2

Afternoon all,

Below are the Racing Post links to the Declarations, for an action packed first Day, of the Competition. 

Although ITV won't be Broadcasting any Racing Live from the first Day of Longchamp's ""Arc" Meeting, I've included two important Group 1 Races, in the Competition. I've also included the 10.36 at Pimlico, in Maryland.  This Race is one of the Legs of the American Triple Crown, and a very important Race, Stateside.  

Select 1 Horse in each Race, apart from the 1.40 Newmarket, 3.05 Ascot and the 3.25 Redcar, where you will be allocated 2 picks.

Please Copy/Paste your Selections into the Boxes, provided below.

You will find a Selection Box for Category 1 - SUMMER SUN'S WEEKEND TRIXIE, at the end of this Post. 

Selections for Legs 1 and 2, MUST include one of your picks, that you selected for your Day of the Race, Singles.

Your Selections For Saturday's Singles and your Category 1 Trixies, MUST be Posted on this Thread by NOON,  Sat. 3rd October.

Thank you. 

SAT.3rd OCT.

NEWMARKET

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/38/newmarket/2020-10-03/747621/

1.40 - Selection 1. -    2. -

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/38/newmarket/2020-10-03/766230

2.10 - Selection -

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/38/newmarket/2020-10-03/765220

2.45 - Selection -

ASCOT

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/2/ascot/2020-10-03/766226/

1.55 - Selection - 

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/2/ascot/2020-10-03/766225

2.30 - Selection -

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/2/ascot/2020-10-03/766223

3.05 - Selection 1. -    2. -

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/2/ascot/2020-10-03/766224

3.40 - Selection - 

REDCAR

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/47/redcar/2020-10-03/754792/

3.25 - Selection 1. -     2.

🇫🇷LONGCHAMP

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/211/longchamp/2020-10-03/768064/

2.15 - Selection -

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/211/longchamp/2020-10-03/768065

4.00 - Selection -

🇺🇸PIMLICO

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/221/pimlico/2020-10-03/768019/

10.36 - Selection -

Select 1 Horse in each Leg of additional Category 1 - SUMMER SUN'S WEEKEND TRIXIE. 

Selections for Legs 1 and 2, MUST include one of your picks, that you selected for your Day of the Race, Singles.

Please Copy/Paste your Selections into the Boxes, provided below.

Your Selections for your Category 1 Trixies, MUST be Posted on this Thread by NOON,  Sat. 3rd October.

Thank you.

Category 1 - SUMMER SUN'S WEEKEND TRIXIE

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/2/ascot/2020-10-03/766223/

LEG 1 - Challenge Cup Handicap - (3.05 Ascot, Sat 3rd) - Selection -

LEG 2 - Two Year Old Trophy -  (3.25 Redcar, Sat 3rd) - Selection -

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/211/longchamp/2020-10-04/763753/

LEG 3 - Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe - (3.05 Longchamp, Sun 4th) - Selection -

"Virtual" Stakes - 50p Each Way Trixie.

Regards,

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Evening all,

Below are the Selections of ANTONYBR7 for Saturday's 11 Competition Races, and additional Category 1: 

ANTONYBR7

SAT.3rd OCT.

NEWMARKET

1.40 - 1. - Perotto. 2. - Rania.

2.10 - Wondrous Words.

2.45 - Cloak Of Spirits. 

ASCOT

1.55 - Tis Marvellous. 

2.30 - Morando. 

3.05 - 1. - River Nymph. 2. - Blue Mist.

3.40 - Cape Byron. 

REDCAR

3.25 - 1. - Shark Two One. 2. - Spright. 

🇫🇷LONGCHAMP

2.15 - Miss Yoda. 

4.00 - Think Of Me. 

🇺🇸PIMLICO

10.36 - Pneumatic.

Category 1 - SUMMER SUN'S WEEKEND TRIXIE

LEG 1 - Challenge Cup Handicap - (3.05 Ascot, Sat 3rd) - River Nymph. 

LEG 2 - Two Year Old Trophy -  (3.25 Redcar, Sat 3rd) - Shark Two One. 

LEG 3 - 🇫🇷Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe - (3.05 Longchamp, Sun 4th) - Mogul. 

Regards,

Edited by TomSE12
Posted (edited)

Morning all,

Not long until the "Big Race", now.

It's been pouring with rain for the last couple of hours, here in S.E. London.

That same area of rainfall, associated with Storm Alex, has also been affecting the Paris area.

Think the Winner of the "Arc" is going to need to stay every yard, of the mile and a half distance of the Race, in such testing conditions.

With that in mind, I've put together my idea of a Form Guide with latest Betting Odds, for each of the Runners, in alphabetical order:

TOMSE12's PINSTICKER'S FORM GUIDE TO THE PRIX de L'ARC de TRIOMPHE

CHACHNAK: French Trained 3 Year Old Colt. Short head winner on last start but shouldn't be good enough, 150/1.

DEIRDRE: Japanese Trained "globe trotting" 6 Year Old Mare. Unlikely to be suited by underfoot conditions, and some rivals have far better credentials. 66/1.

ENABLE: English Trained Mare and a grand 6 Year Old servant to John Gosden. 2 time Winner of the "Arc" and beaten when attempting a record breaking 3rd Win last Year, when finishing 2nd to Waldgeist. Sure to go close, if handling ground conditions. 6/5 Fav.

GOLD TRIP: French Trained 3 Year Old Colt. Could find ground conditions more to his liking, than some of his Rivals. 2 and a half length 3rd to Mogul, on last run. 40/1.

IN SWOOP: French Trained, German bred 3 Year Old Colt. Likely to appreciate ground conditions more than the majority of his Rivals. Ran a very eye catching "Arc" Trial , finishing very strongly to snatch 2nd close home, behind Mogul. Strong claims. 11/1.

JAPAN: Irish Trained 4 Year Old Colt. Consistent performer in Group Races, and finished 4th last Year. Will more than likely run his usual genuine Race but may find others too good. Although has place possibilities. 18/1.

MOGUL: Irish Trained 3 Year Old Colt, highly regarded by his Ballydoyle handler. Made hot favourite at Royal Ascot but could only manage 4th, behind Pyledriver. Finished 6th to Stable Companion Serpentine, in Epsom Derby. Much improved form to win "Arc" Trial, latest run. If handling ground conditions, high on the "short list." 14/1.

PERSIAN KING: French Trained 4 Year Old Colt. Has won on heavy ground but not certain to stay.16/1.

RAABIHAH: Lightly raced, French Trained 3 Year Old Filly. Finished 2nd in "Arc" Trial, on latest start. Could go close, if handling ground conditions. Each Way claims. 14/1.

ROYAL JULIUS: French Trained 7 Year Old. A shock Winner, if he won. 200/1.

SERPENTINE: Irish Trained 3 Year Old Colt. Made virtually all the running and stayed on strongly, to win Epsom Derby. Finished 4th behind Stable Companion Mogul in "Arc" Trial, on latest start. Frame possibilities. 14/1.

SOTTSASS: French Trained 4 Year Old Colt. 4th last start to Magical, in Irish Champion Stakes. Finished 3rd in this last Year, to Waldgeist. Has run well in heavy ground, and is one for the "short list." 8/1

SOVEREIGN: Irish Trained 4 Year Old Colt. Another Ballydoyle representative but hard to see him winning. Possible Pacemaker, for more fancied Stable Companions. 100/1

STRADIVARIUS: Consistent and genuine 6 Year Old Horse.  A very able and talented 2nd string, to John Gosden's bow. Although his Trainer suggests he's not keen on heavy ground, his form over longer distances could mean he'll be staying on, when some of his rivals, have "given up the ghost." Another one for the "short list." 11/2.

WAY TO PARIS: French Trained 7 Year Old Horse. Hard to see this fellow troubling the Finishing Judge. 33/1

These are my ideas of the merits of each one of Sunday's, 15 runners.

But what do I know!! :cc_confused:

I also thought a PADDOCK, was a type of fish. 

Also, that a COD, was a type of fish but evidently, it's the centre of an MJO (Madden-Julian Oscillation) chart. :shok:

Regards,

Tom.  :hi: 🏇               

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 1

MID/LATE AUTUMN HORSE RACING COMPETITION

SAT.3rd OCT.

NEWMARKET

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/38/newmarket/2020-10-03/747621/

1.40 - Selection 1. - Mighty Gurkha    2. - Noorban

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/38/newmarket/2020-10-03/766230

2.10 - Selection - Wondrous Words

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/38/newmarket/2020-10-03/765220

2.45 - Selection - Terebellum

ASCOT

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/2/ascot/2020-10-03/766226/

1.55 - Selection - Tis Marvellous

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/2/ascot/2020-10-03/766225

2.30 - Selection - Logician

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/2/ascot/2020-10-03/766223

3.05 - Selection 1. - River Nymph    2. - Ropey Guest

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/2/ascot/2020-10-03/766224

3.40 - Selection - Cape Byron

REDCAR

3.25 - Selection 1. - Spright     2. Lullaby Moon

LONGCHAMP

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/211/longchamp/2020-10-03/768064/

2.15 - Selection - Miss Yoda

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/211/longchamp/2020-10-03/768065

4.00 - Selection - Princess Zoe

PIMLICO

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/221/pimlico/2020-10-03/768019/

10.36 - Selection - Jesus Team

Selected Horses in each Leg of additional Category 1 - SUMMER SUN'S WEEKEND TRIXIE. 

Category 1 - SUMMER SUN'S WEEKEND TRIXIE

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/2/ascot/2020-10-03/766223/

LEG 1 - Challenge Cup Handicap - (3.05 Ascot, Sat 3rd) - Selection - River Nymph

LEG 2 - Two Year Old Trophy -  (3.25 Redcar, Sat 3rd) - Selection - Spright

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/211/longchamp/2020-10-04/763753/

LEG 3 - Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe - (3.05 Longchamp, Sun 4th) - Selection - Mogul

"Virtual" Stakes - 50p Each Way Trixie.

• Like 1