Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Is your heating on yet?

Weatherman_93

Posted
23 minutes ago, Don said:

Sorry if I went over the top in my posts above, but you don't know anything about me or my family and please don't get personal.  I wasn't  meaning to be unsympathetic either.  Yes, there are lots of people with horrendous problems everywhere.  I'm normally discreet about mine and have control over them (to the outside world anyway) but let myself down a little just now. Anyway, lets move on as it is getting silly and yes that is partly down to me I know.  Sorry once again.

Water under the bridge as far as I am concerned. 

Hey ho onwards and upwards!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
30 minutes ago, Thundershine said:

Got the thermostat up to 30°C tonight - I'm trying to expedite the global warming process and if everybody could do the same then perhaps we could add a degree or so of mildness to this upcoming winter, so there won't be as much snow.

Very sad....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).
23 minutes ago, markyo said:

Very sad....

It's not that bad because while I like it hot in the daytime, I compensate by liking it cold at night (for sleeping), so I turn the AC in the bedroom on and it gets down to 13°C.

Edited by Thundershine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
On 28/09/2020 at 09:00, Weatherman_93 said:

With a drop in temperatures over the weekend did anyone reach for the dial and turn their heating on? Spoke to some friends and family who decided it was too cold not to. Me personally, i try and stretch it out until November!

Wow your tough for doing that, ours has been on the last few days and even during the warmer spell it’s been running on some mornings as the mornings were still cold.

Posted
On 28/09/2020 at 09:29, Osbourne One-Nil said:

Yes, of course...I'll put my heating on if it's cold in July. Never quite understood anyone who wouldn't!

Yeah I actually had to put the heating on in July one day as I was absolutely freezing. Never had to do that before but it was a terrible month. I’m surprised the CET was as high as it was.

Posted
3 hours ago, Team Squirrel said:

It is as now. Combination of the rain making it feel damp, no tenant in the flat upstairs and the building cooling down generally. Just the heater in the living room, though.

It's strange, I can be doing the housework and have the windows open when it'a 3.c...but I can't stand it when it's 13.c and damp.

Yes damp weather does tend to make it feel colder, both outside and indoors strangely.

Posted
2 hours ago, Thundershine said:

Got the thermostat up to 30°C tonight - I'm trying to expedite the global warming process and if everybody could do the same then perhaps we could add a degree or so of mildness to this upcoming winter, so there won't be as much snow.

Seriously? 

Posted
On 29/09/2020 at 19:55, Stabilo19 said:

Nope, still low to mid 20s indoors. 

WoW you must live in a VERY well insulated building!

Edited by East Lancs Rain

Posted

Most years I’ve had to turn heating on in September, usually during the second half. Some years I’ve had heating on as early the start of September. We had to do that in 1986, 1992 and 1993.

We still use it only for a few hours a day, but once the daytime maxes are around 12-14c, heating will be on for most of the day. Not long before that happens.

Posted
1 hour ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Seriously? 

Yes.

o4a84Xq.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Autumn & Mild
14 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Wow your tough for doing that, ours has been on the last few days and even during the warmer spell it’s been running on some mornings as the mornings were still cold.

Well the lounge is sitting at around 19/20c for the best part of the day so don't feel the need as yet. Its more of a running joke i have with the wife in regards to it going on in November. Of course if its gets cold before then it will go on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters
9 minutes ago, Weatherman_93 said:

Well the lounge is sitting at around 19/20c for the best part of the day so don't feel the need as yet. Its more of a running joke i have with the wife in regards to it going on in November. Of course if its gets cold before then it will go on.

Indeed my lounge is still registering around 20C, despite being on the north side of the house. No heating required yet and living in lowland Gloucestershire I dont expect it to become cold enough to warrant being turned up until back end of October at the earliest. Of course if we had a sustained artic blast,lol, then it would be used to take any edge off.

Posted

I would love to live in the far SW of England or the Scilly Iles. The winters are so mild down there that if you lived in a well insulated property you might not even need central heating at all.

Posted
13 hours ago, Thundershine said:

Yes.

o4a84Xq.jpg

Are you bloody crackers or something? Your heating bills must be through the roof! And why would anyone (even with a medical condition) need heating as high as that?! I would be melting!

Posted
2 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Are you bloody crackers or something? Your heating bills must be through the roof! And why would anyone (even with a medical condition) need heating as high as that?! I would be melting!

I guess the same reasons some need it to be 13 degrees in side.

Posted
19 minutes ago, Thundershine said:

I guess the same reasons some need it to be 13 degrees in side.

Why you would need it to be 30 degrees inside though? Aren't you dripping in sweat? Unless you own a tropical pet that needs it hot or you have emigrated from a hot country and need to acclimatise then it's completely pointless and unessessary imo. Plus a HUGE waste of money not to mention bad for the environment. Even old folks homes aren't as hot as that!

13 degrees inside is more understandable if you want to save money/can't afford the heating bills or you prefer to wear lots of warm clothes instead, or you exercise at home a lot.

Posted
2 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

I would love to live in the far SW of England or the Scilly Iles. The winters are so mild down there that if you lived in a well insulated property you might not even need central heating at all.

Mild yes, but the winters are still damp and windy. This makes the air feel cold.

Posted
39 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Why you would need it to be 30 degrees inside though? Aren't you dripping in sweat? Unless you own a tropical pet that needs it hot or you have emigrated from a hot country and need to acclimatise then it's completely pointless and unessessary imo. Plus a HUGE waste of money not to mention bad for the environment. Even old folks homes aren't as hot as that!

13 degrees inside is more understandable if you want to save money/can't afford the heating bills or you prefer to wear lots of warm clothes instead, or you exercise at home a lot.

IIRC that was a member who made it 13 degrees inside in July with AC, which is even more wasteful and bad for the environment so I don't think I should be guilty. And yes medical reason why I need 30 degrees. Thanks for understanding.

Edited by Thundershine

Posted
19 minutes ago, Thundershine said:

IIRC that was a member who made it 13 degrees inside in July with AC, which is even more wasteful and bad for the environment so I don't think I should be guilty. And yes medical reason why I need 30 degrees. Thanks for understanding.

On 28/09/2020 at 13:39, Thundershine said:

I use a thermostat, so the heating comes on whenever the temp falls below a certain threshold during the day (the heating is always off at night). It has come on at some point in every month so far, including July, which was a very cold month in Sheffield. And it's only set to 20°C.

Can we give up with the attempts to stir the pot now please...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
27 minutes ago, Thundershine said:

I think I can guess who that will be... Medical condition or not I still think 30°C is excessive, my grandma’s care home was 25°C and that was very warm. But whatever it’s your house and your money.

Posted
55 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

I think I can guess who that will be... Medical condition or not I still think 30°C is excessive, my grandma’s care home was 25°C and that was very warm. But whatever it’s your house and your money.

I wonder who that was......

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

thermostat takes control fro 06:00 in th mornig until being witched off before bedding down forr the night.

Posted
1 hour ago, markyo said:

I wonder who that was......

Yes, I wonder indeed..... ;)

Posted
1 hour ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Yes, I wonder indeed..... ;)

There's some dammed weird folk out there isn't there....