Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Is your heating on yet?

Weatherman_93

Posted
2 hours ago, alphabetagaga said:

new user here

i don't care what calendar month we are in, the heating goes on whenever the house feels cold and when the temps dropped a load last weekend the thing went on

Come and join my club

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Yes it was on today.. for a few minutes as the boiler was being serviced. Hasn't been on apart from that though. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Autumn & Mild
19 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

Maybe we should make a thread about if people have started wearing t shirts, and then shorts.

We can wait until next March/ April time for that one I think. 

Well I'm still wearing shorts currently

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
2 hours ago, Weatherman_93 said:

Well I'm still wearing shorts currently

Likewise, not a hint of heating coming on as of yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
Just now, markyo said:

Likewise, not a hint of heating coming on as of yet.

I bet you don't turn off your aircon until it's -10C outside?:oldgrin:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
55 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

I bet you don't turn off your aircon until it's -10C outside?:oldgrin:

NO!!. not at all! -5 maybe i grant you

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

No, got a few windows open as usual.

Edited by CheesepuffScott
  • Like 1

Posted

Parents visited today and moaned how cold my house is!  Not to me it isn't and still have some upstairs windows open!

• Like 2

Posted

It is as now. Combination of the rain making it feel damp, no tenant in the flat upstairs and the building cooling down generally. Just the heater in the living room, though.

It's strange, I can be doing the housework and have the windows open when it'a 3.c...but I can't stand it when it's 13.c and damp.

Posted
26 minutes ago, Don said:

Parents visited today and moaned how cold my house is!  Not to me it isn't and still have some upstairs windows open!

Remember your quote when you are their age. A little bit of sympathy goes a long way to keep your older, nearest and dearest happy. 

When you are less active, than what you recall in past times, that is when feeling cold kicks in. Apart from other reasons. 

Was out today picking sloes for sloe gin. Must admit it felt a bit chilly. But as I am well hard I continued with just wearing a shirt. Wish I had taken a jacket with me too be honest. Now the next problem is to find some decent cheap gin.

At the end of the day why, if you have the ability to keep yourself comfortably warm, be a “hero” and keep everything cold? 

• Like 3

Posted
10 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Remember your quote when you are their age. A little bit of sympathy goes a long way to keep your older, nearest and dearest happy. 

Wasn't a criticism!  Anyway, I'm obviously a terrible son in your view!  Some of the comments on this forum really do my head in at times!

Edited by Don
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale

Still got windows open at night but wont be long before they go onto just airvent.  Heating usually is put on about the same time the car windscreen needs a scrape, so a few degrees above zero

Posted
8 minutes ago, Don said:

Wasn't a criticism!  Anyway, I'm obviously a terrible son in your view!  Some of the comments on this forum really do my head in at times!

I am sure they love you whatever. Not trying to be critical but just show there are things to consider. 

• Like 2

Posted
16 minutes ago, Snipper said:

I am sure they love you whatever. Not trying to be critical but just show there are things to consider. 

You don't know anything about my parents and up until recently they were probably more active than me!  For your info, they have not liked the cold as far back as I can remember!  Of course there are things to consider with ageing parents, I'm not stupid!  Fair enough I'm the bad guy though, who will no doubt get their comeuppance!

Edited by Don
  • Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Don said:

You don't know anything about my parents and up until recently they were probably more active than me!  For your info, they have not liked the cold as far back as I can remember!  Of course there are thing to consider with ageing parents, I'm not stupid!  Fair enough I'm the bad guy though, who will no doubt get their comeuppance!

Oh for goodness sake give it a rest. Who has said you are a bad guy???  Seems you have far more problems than your parents do. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Oil range is back on here, Feels chilly with all the rain and damp air currently. I've also been sat about all day as not fit to be out even with the dogs here in the Peak District.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
2 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Oh for goodness sake give it a rest. Who has said you are a bad guy???  Seems you have far more problems than your parents do. 

As it happens I do!  Now you give it a rest and don't get personal!!

Edited by Don
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

Got the thermostat up to 30°C tonight - I'm trying to expedite the global warming process and if everybody could do the same then perhaps we could add a degree or so of mildness to this upcoming winter, so there won't be as much snow.

Posted
Just now, Don said:

As it happens I do!  Now you give it a rest!!

So why come over as less than sympathetic.  I am sure many on here have horrendous problems to deal with but they are very controlled and discreet about it. 

Posted

Let's keep it friendly folks, Any posts poking the fire will magically disappear..

Posted
2 minutes ago, Thundershine said:

Got the thermostat up to 30°C tonight - I'm trying to expedite the global warming process and if everybody could do the same then perhaps we could add a degree or so of mildness to this upcoming winter, so there won't be as much snow.

If there was snow we would all be getting happily cold and wet on our toboggans outside enjoying it.  Chance and fat come to mind. 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Snipper said:

So why come over as less than sympathetic.  I am sure many on here have horrendous problems to deal with but they are very controlled and discreet about it. 

Sorry if I went over the top in my posts above, but you don't know anything about me or my family and please don't get personal.  I wasn't  meaning to be unsympathetic either.  Yes, there are lots of people with horrendous problems everywhere.  I'm normally discreet about mine and have control over them (to the outside world anyway) but let myself down a little just now. Anyway, lets move on as it is getting silly and yes that is partly down to me I know.  Sorry once again.

Edited by Don
  • Like 1