Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Is your heating on yet?

Weatherman_93

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Autumn & Mild

With a drop in temperatures over the weekend did anyone reach for the dial and turn their heating on? Spoke to some friends and family who decided it was too cold not to. Me personally, i try and stretch it out until November!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Fired the oil range up over the weekend, turned it off last night but will probably be back on Wednesday if pressured from Mrs Maritime again...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Nope,long way to go before that happens!

Posted
23 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

Fired the oil range up over the weekend, turned it off last night but will probably be back on Wednesday if pressured from Mrs Maritime again...

Lesser of two evils.  Happy wife or miserable one. Too be honest I increasingly feel the cold the older I get. 

Posted
29 minutes ago, Weatherman_93 said:

With a drop in temperatures over the weekend did anyone reach for the dial and turn their heating on? Spoke to some friends and family who decided it was too cold not to. Me personally, i try and stretch it out until November!

If you feel the cold switch it on is my view.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Mine did go on yesterday. Usually it is late October. But then normally we don't get low single digit temperatures at night in September. I suspect when the nights get milder again there will be no need to put it on for a while.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Central heating no however temperature dropped to 2c last night so good excuse after working a night shift to put the gas fire on for 10 minutes when I got home

C.S

Posted

I put mine on for a couple of hours over the weekend, only because the kids stayed over.  Would normally only put it on when it gets close to freezing at night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

I use a thermostat, so the heating comes on whenever the temp falls below a certain threshold during the day (the heating is always off at night). It has come on at some point in every month so far, including July, which was a very cold month in Sheffield. And it's only set to 20°C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Not yet and if possible I will try to keep it off until November if possible.

To be honest it rarely gets cold enough for long down here before then anyway, so the odd chilly morning or evening isnt a big deal.

Posted

We started putting it on last Friday. 

As soon as daytime temps drop to 17c, and nights are less than 10c, the heating goes on. 

We even put it on during the late August bank holiday, and I can’t remember the last time I did that. 

Posted
5 hours ago, Snipper said:

If you feel the cold switch it on is my view.

That’s what I think.

Its silly trying to resist until November. October often always produces a few cold days, and if you live in an old flat or house, leaving the heating off until it gets really cold will only make the place damp.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Autumn & Mild
44 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

That’s what I think.

Its silly trying to resist until November. October often always produces a few cold days, and if you live in an old flat or house, leaving the heating off until it gets really cold will only make the place damp.

Of course if the outside temperature falls dramatically in October then it will go on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

no heating on here yet..doesn'tt look like will be necessary in the next 10 days either 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Not yet although I might have had it on a couple of days ago if I had my way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, icy, snowy etc

First post

Absolutely; as someone else mentioned, not sure why you wouldn't have the heating/fire on if the house is cold... Must be some sort of manly thing or tight with the bills maybe? ;)

We've had the open fire on a few times; that heats downstairs enough on its on TBH. The heating may blip on around 6am for an hour if the stat drops towards 19ºC but for now; that's about it currently 

Edited by Dan B

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

I wouldn't normally dream of it at this time.  But now I have to work at home instead of an office, I went to put it on yesterday.

Trouble is I only moved here a couple of months ago and haven't yet worked how how to get the radiators responding to my instructions to the boiler!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

No