• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh for goodness sake give it a rest. Who has said you are a bad guy???  Seems you have far more problems than your parents do. 

Wasn't a criticism!  Anyway, I'm obviously a terrible son in your view!  Some of the comments on this forum really do my head in at times!

NO!!. not at all! -5 maybe i grant you🤣

Fired the oil range up over the weekend, turned it off last night but will probably be back on Wednesday if pressured from Mrs Maritime again...

23 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

Fired the oil range up over the weekend, turned it off last night but will probably be back on Wednesday if pressured from Mrs Maritime again...

Lesser of two evils.  Happy wife or miserable one. Too be honest I increasingly feel the cold the older I get. 

29 minutes ago, Weatherman_93 said:

With a drop in temperatures over the weekend did anyone reach for the dial and turn their heating on? Spoke to some friends and family who decided it was too cold not to. Me personally, i try and stretch it out until November!

If you feel the cold switch it on is my view.

• Like 1

I use a thermostat, so the heating comes on whenever the temp falls below a certain threshold during the day (the heating is always off at night). It has come on at some point in every month so far, including July, which was a very cold month in Sheffield. And it's only set to 20°C.

Not yet and if possible I will try to keep it off until November if possible.

To be honest it rarely gets cold enough for long down here before then anyway, so the odd chilly morning or evening isnt a big deal.

We started putting it on last Friday. 

As soon as daytime temps drop to 17c, and nights are less than 10c, the heating goes on. 

We even put it on during the late August bank holiday, and I can’t remember the last time I did that. 

5 hours ago, Snipper said:

If you feel the cold switch it on is my view.

That’s what I think.

Its silly trying to resist until November. October often always produces a few cold days, and if you live in an old flat or house, leaving the heating off until it gets really cold will only make the place damp.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

That’s what I think.

Its silly trying to resist until November. October often always produces a few cold days, and if you live in an old flat or house, leaving the heating off until it gets really cold will only make the place damp.

Of course if the outside temperature falls dramatically in October then it will go on.

First post 🙂

Absolutely; as someone else mentioned, not sure why you wouldn't have the heating/fire on if the house is cold... Must be some sort of manly thing or tight with the bills maybe? ;)

We've had the open fire on a few times; that heats downstairs enough on its on TBH. The heating may blip on around 6am for an hour if the stat drops towards 19ºC but for now; that's about it currently 

Edited by Dan B

I wouldn't normally dream of it at this time.  But now I have to work at home instead of an office, I went to put it on yesterday.

Trouble is I only moved here a couple of months ago and haven't yet worked how how to get the radiators responding to my instructions to the boiler!!