Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

A weather app for MET office hourly weather data

MakingAnApp

Hi there,  I recently graduated and as a project I made a web-app that I hope you might find useful. It shows the hourly weather and rain data provided by the Center for Environmental Data Analysis for MET Office weather stations from 2018 back all the way to 1885.

The website is called weatherhistory.co.uk

There is an easy to use dashboard and some custom searches.

I am still updating it so any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
Posted
On 03/09/2020 at 06:16, MakingAnApp said:

Hi there,  I recently graduated and as a project I made a web-app that I hope you might find useful. It shows the hourly weather and rain data provided by the Center for Environmental Data Analysis for MET Office weather stations from 2018 back all the way to 1885.

The website is called weatherhistory.co.uk

There is an easy to use dashboard and some custom searches.

I am still updating it so any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Despite your website being wonky to use it has a lot of potential! Wunderground only has data back to 1996 and it is hit and miss.. Now more miss with their redesign to be like phones! However your map needs to be allowed to use mice to pan around it. When I try to pan with my mouse it just assumes I want to see the weather stations selected and all I want to do is move around to hover over different weather stations for the day I select!  /

Also your website is being ignored and that's because the majority are on phones and from what I've experienced around here phone users don't do 'websites' they just scroll for news and entertainment casually.  I can already see your website will not fit the requirements for phones Google made harsh changes in 2013 without telling anybody that your website has to be PHONE ONLY meaning you can only have 3 or less clickables and everything on the top row.etc or they won't list you PERIOD and you won't know your not being listed.  The only way TO know is if you put your site thru Google Analytics and see if you pass or don't pass and why it doesn't pass. 

Though your website partially fits Google's harsh criteria as your map is not mouse friendly! Too bad.  I finally figured out where it is you have to click pan to do it but the pan button is really tiny.  A phone user may see it with no trouble but on a PC it sure is really tiny so not user friendly to say the least and when you change the time frame for each day it resets itself and you have to press it manually each time!

Edited by SortingHat

• 8 months later...
Posted

Page cannot be found.

Welcome to nginx!

If you see this page, the nginx web server is successfully installed and working. Further configuration is required.

For online documentation and support please refer to nginx.org.
Commercial support is available at nginx.com.

Thank you for using nginx.