Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/09/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I thought we’d at least go sub zero last night but alas no. Nights have actually been very average so far this month.

Brightish this morning. Currently 03.5C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Foggy here too but just above freezing rather than below. 0.3°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Just got above freezing here. -1.6°C was the low at: 08:02... it is currently 0.1°C

Posted

Got up to 4C in the sunshine but now clouded over so going back down.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

A little chilly here.

6E19AA0A-46FD-43C1-BDC9-373843D8FB8B.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted

We scraped a 1.3°C at: 13:07, but now we are falling back towards to ZERO line, currently 1.0°C...love it this is classic winter weather...love it..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Was 0.4°C when I left the house at 1:30... expecting it only got up to 1°C≈
Cold and still a little foggy in Salisbury city centre...

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme
On 04/12/2020 at 18:11, Dorsetbred said:

Looking back at the radar footprint, a suggestion for around 08:05 this morning where conditions might have been ripe for something other than rain, but I bet it didn't last long due to the amount of rain and the hovering temps. It does appear that Kent and Essex would have been closer than Glossop/Peak District as East Anglia appeared to do fairly well from the position of the low. So I stand corrected..

It lasted for a couple of hours apparently and enough settled for my friends kids to play, big flakes so on the side of wet snow, there were reports of the same in other hilly parts of West Dorset.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Mark Parsons said:

It lasted for a couple of hours apparently and enough settled for my friends kids to play, big flakes so on the side of wet snow, there were reports of the same in other hilly parts of West Dorset.

Well at least the kids will savour having seen snow in an area might well be devoid of it in a decade or so..

• Like 1

Posted

Cooling down a lot quicker now, and is already lower than at any point last night. 0.1C with frost.

Posted

Foggy and cold all day today.

My phone is pretty poor, but it did catch the Kingfisher this morning diving and scooting off.

I reckon there are three on the Avon at Downton where I walk. Lucky enough to see at least one of them, 2 or 3 times a week.

I'll take the camera down one day, but then I'll be guaranteed not to see any of them.

• Like 2

Posted

Coldest day I’ve recorded and .1°C colder than my coldest day (1 Feb 2019), it reached just 1.1°C!

Remaining foggy tonight, currently -1.0°C

Haven’t minded it but it has been ffffreeezing, and I’d rather a spell where the freezing fog and/or murk actually lifts to a bit of afternoon sunshine which I haven’t seen here... even though that means a little higher maxima. Wrong synoptics, would pressure need to be higher as I’m under the impression this is a slack flow with LP influence.

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

The fog lingered for most of the day here and it ended up being the coldest day since 1st Feb 2019 with a high of 2.2°C, currently 0.2°C

Posted

Colder than last night now at -0.9°C

Posted

-1.9°C with fog

Posted

Major 4 year old excitement this morning! I went out to defrost my wife’s car and there were snow grains falling. Then they stopped and the moon came out! 

Hopefully setting up for a brighter day because the sky looks crystal clear apart from the departing flurry cloud.