South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/09/2020 Onward

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Someone got an early birthday present today👏😁 Been a stunning afternoon after such a dull start.

I don’t think I have seen anything like this before. It’s like a rainbow but more a ‘cloudbow’ !? It’s been in the sky for nearly half an hour and has gradually moved as the sun is lowering/cloud

Meant to attach some pics....cracking sunset tonight 

Posted Images

I've just noticed that I am close to my all-time monthly rain record, which incidentally is from last October - 194.8mm. I'm currently at 184mm.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Mapantz said:

I've just noticed that I am close to my all-time monthly rain record, which incidentally is from last October - 194.8mm. I'm currently at 184mm.

Blimey!

172mm so far here, plenty more to come this week too!

Actually a 98% lovely day today, numerous anvils passing throughout and 2 short sharp showers this afternoon.

• Like 1

Had a light shower here this morning but other than that, mostly dry with sunny spells. Temp reached 14.1°C.

Dulll and wet so far although most of the time the rain hasn't been particularly heavy and now it's almost stopped. 13.7°C

Edited by matt111

Wet this morning and earlier in the afternoon before a dry end to the day with blue skies. Reached 14.1°C, currently 10.1°C

Not that wet here this month..  The heaviest rain has often missed here especially at the start of the month.

97.0mm of rain here on the Davis. The manual gauge is probably just over 100mm.. but I forgot to record one of the readings 🤦‍♂️

My October average for 2007 onwards is 94.6mm. For November it's 119.2mm

Edited by Evening thunder

A high of 15c midday yesterday and 6.8mm of showery rain.
Low of 9.8c at midnight.

A little rain early morning, 0.2mm
Now 12.4c, cloudy with a little drizzle, 1002.2 hpa.
WSW wind 8-12mph with plenty of 18-24mph gusts

On holiday down Woolacombe, North Devon and have had a very impressive little storm with hail and 2 positive strikes as evident by the shotgun thunder!

2 hours ago, TomW said:

On holiday down Woolacombe, North Devon and have had a very impressive little storm with hail and 2 positive strikes as evident by the shotgun thunder!

We went there yesterday for a beach walk. 

At Glastonbury now. About to get a soaking.

• Like 1

Utterly insane downpour including hail from this highly impressive trough line!  Sunny and clear either side of it.

74ACB637-B6AE-493E-9598-00897CA4A211.png