Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/09/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 4 seasons please
36 minutes ago, AWD said:

I noticed that clump of PPN heading SE over Wales now;

Screenshot_2021-01-02-11-08-50-52.thumb.jpg.2224887698f294ee7910dae7991c6807.jpg

I suspect anything wintry will be confined to higher ground such as the Cotswolds and Mendips, with a temp of 3.5c and a dew point of +1.2c, I can only see rain or sleet here;

Screenshot_2021-01-02-11-09-13-04.thumb.jpg.1dc9676915072189eeff5420c86211b7.jpg

I would happily take being wrong though.

I'll be honest, we do benefit from a little altitude and being that little bit further north... Fingers crossed... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Almost certainly going to be cold rain here.  Temp and Dp are still rising.

Possibly better next week when we get a more easterly wind.  Lower Dp's and less maritime air mixed in, just more difficult to find the PPN.

Edited by AWD

Posted

Snowing lightly here in North glos. Temp 1.3 don't think its gonna be much , but a flakes a flake.

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, minus 9 said:

Snowing lightly here in North glos. Temp 1.3 don't think its gonna be much , but a flakes a flake.

How many meters above sea level are you?

Posted

Really frustrating timing again, precipitation arriving at the warmest few hours of the day again.

Then when timing was good yesterday morning it was only generally light snow.

Posted

As expected, light rain just started in Longwell Green now.  Roll on the warmer, thundery rain of Spring!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Car windows  being scraped  this morning so there was some frost about. Cloudy now 4.0c. may have sleet or snow this afternoon.

Posted

Heavy sleet with snow mixed in near tavistock, west devon. I thought I'd have rain at home and sleet at the yard at lydford but I imagine it's snow up there. Will feed horses early today I think in case my little car gets almost stuck again! Current temp 1.5 degrees 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Well it's raining here, there might be a bit of sleet mixed in, but I frankly don't care. Temp has dropped from 4.2c to 3.6c but still to warm with dp of 2.2c.

Maybe later?

Posted

Temp has dropped a degree or so in the last hour, now at 2.6c.  Still raining though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

There were a few so called “trolls” in the Model output last week or so. And were commenting on the uppers not being cold enough for the upcoming very cold period. They were sent packing but to be fair they had it very much spot on.. had one spell of wet snow a few days back. Struggling to see anything down on the south coast 

Edited by iowpompeylee

Posted

Just come in from doing some gardening as the sun has warmed things nicely peaking at 6.1°C at: 12:15...now backed off a bit as the cloud begins to arrive currently 4.9°C and the wind has now turned into the NW...

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Just been walking on the Mendips and it started snowing towards the end, quite decently for a while. Then driving back downhill it gradually became wetter and has very much been sleet here (only knew because of the windscreen). 

You’d have though it’d be cold enough for snow by now after six days of what could’ve been growing cold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Definitly Snowing now. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Afternoon, the band has reached here now, it's coming down as all snow here, big flakes, but quite light. Haven't looked at the radar to check but going by the intensity of it, I'd say we're probably on the edge of what's coming in. 

We're just over 650ft high here so I'm guessing height is playing a role in currently getting snow instead of sleet/rain.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Now the lovely rain has passed by, the Temp is starting to rise.... oh the joy!