Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/09/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow
3 minutes ago, West is Best said:

Squally heavy rain on the Cornish clifftops. Not surprised that it's rain although some of the heaviest snowfalls I've seen in recent times have been in Devon. All too marginal this time around for most people at low levels in the south but I wish great joy to those who get lucky. 

To be fair, an I'll fully admit, it's more active than what I thought it would be.  It was never going to be, nor was it forecast to be, widespread.

Those that have got lucky though have received a decent dusting, ie Worcestershire.  It will be interesting to see how much is left on the system when/if it eventually gets below the M4.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!
8 minutes ago, AWD said:

Forecast to disintegrate unfortunately mate, as it already looks like it's doing.

Was never going to be anything widespread or noticable anyway.  Putting my positive hat on, it looks like remaining on the colder side of average for the foreseeable future so there is every chance that similiar occlusions could develop and deliver something small for various parts of the region through the next week or so.

Hoping that we get some good, hard frost's , maybe fog too.  Love taking the dog out for an early morning walk in such conditions.

This is for 2pm on the metoffice app.( just the raw app data which does chop and change)

Obviously nothing to write home about but does highlight the idea as it pulls south there is a chance for a few to see some heavier ppn especially to the east of the region. Prob me a sleet mix but worth keeping an eye on

AA73E200-001E-4A31-A4C8-24709A44E994.thumb.png.c8a57a706a214a95260a8a15b6535e11.png

• Like 1

Posted

The best it can do here is hail , but its sufficiently cold for it to stay around. Not expecting any thing unless the overall pattern gets really exciting -too mild here- too much sea air!   Always enjoy a bit of vicarious snow though!

North Cornwall near Bude, 500ft asl. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Radar says it’s raining here in Gloucester but it definitely snowing here.

Slight covering of very wet snow so really only just about the right side of marginal.

I imagine the local hills are doing quite nicely atm

• Like 2

Posted

Morning All, a chilly start to the day, some early morning graupel from around 6am remains on the frozen surfaces, so could be a little tricky on some of the sideroads this morning..currently 1.4°C after and overnight low of -1.2°C at: 04:26, RH95% and pressure is 970.8 mb, rising slowly. 

Partly cloudy skies now the order of the day, as the beachcam shows

image.thumb.png.af1983cf3b729efa9d6a99325cdab67d.png

The storm has certainly scoured the beach, so I'll bet they'll be glad to get the replenishment project on the go next month, in readiness for the summer...

Posted
21 minutes ago, chris55 said:

This is for 2pm on the metoffice app.( just the raw app data which does chop and change)

Obviously nothing to write home about but does highlight the idea as it pulls south there is a chance for a few to see some heavier ppn especially to the east of the region. Prob me a sleet mix but worth keeping an eye on

AA73E200-001E-4A31-A4C8-24709A44E994.thumb.png.c8a57a706a214a95260a8a15b6535e11.png

Whiteshill is a whiteout. You can see the snow coming over the hills. May get lucky 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Not been in here for a while....!

As already mentioned Stroud has a covering,looks like it’s still snowing higher up. My parents in gloucester have just told me it’s started snowing again, could be heading this way slowly. I doubt we’ll get a lot where I am near town, but would be nice to see it falling and maybe making it all white again... 

Immediate edit! Just started as I finished writing... 

Edited by SilverWolf
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!
8 minutes ago, bellanite said:

Whiteshill is a whiteout. You can see the snow coming over the hills. May get lucky 

Looking forward to a walk with the dog later. Just contemplating which hill to go up. Want somewhere quite. Prob go up Juniper hill. (Slad way) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzards, Hoarfrost, Frost and Extremes

I’m visiting my parents down in South Devon and there is not a flake to be seen, just more rain to add to the past weeks deluge! Meanwhile, back home in Stafford where i now live there is a good covering 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc
Just now, chris55 said:

Looking forward to a walk with the dog later. Just contemplating which hill to go up. Want somewhere quite. Prob go up Juniper hill. (Slad way) 

I think the higher up the better, I’m right near Stratford Park and it’s a bit sleety here (much more snow than rain though). Swift’s Hill might be good if it’s not too windy... 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Morning campers.

new weather warnings out for today and tonight!

• Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, iceman1991 said:

Mettoffice have got now yellow warnings now for snow  Wednesday and Thursday for are region 

3 minutes ago, iceman1991 said:

Mettoffice have got now yellow warnings now for snow  Wednesday and Thursday for are region 

427CBA9A-0599-4F44-96C5-2EFCCF4606D1.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

We’ve been treated to light drizzle here this morning. Still too mild for snow south of the M4 at present but once cold air is in place, that problem will be much less.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
18 minutes ago, iceman1991 said:

427CBA9A-0599-4F44-96C5-2EFCCF4606D1.png

Just come in to post about that, only a small chance at the moment according to the wording but there were no warnings at all earlier on. 

This is why I do find it amusing seeing people in the mod thread posting with such confidence about there not being much snow anywhere this week, they might be right but as the warning shows, things could crop up at short notice. 

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Smartie said:

Just come in to post about that, only a small chance at the moment according to the wording but there were no warnings at all earlier on. 

This is why I do find it amusing seeing people in the mod thread posting with such confidence about there not being much snow anywhere this week, they might be right but as the warning shows, things could crop up at short notice. 

Yes smartie your right I remember back in feb 2009 I think we had decent snowy spells giving good 5 to 10cm each time and they come out of know where  in the end we had good 30cm here tops very snowy indeed 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fascinated by extreme weather. Despise drizzle.

1*C with mist here - right on the circulation axis with zero wind.

Rooftops actually froze up more up to around 11 am. Now a very slight thaw in evidence.

Posted

Just driven over to Stroud Sainso's via Frocester Hill and Selsley common and it was snow all the way. Nothing much at lower levels but certainly "up on the top" it's settling nicely.