Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/09/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
1 minute ago, Mapantz said:

Wind picking up nicely now!

Temp 10.5°C.

I have just finished making a set of simple jquery gauges. I've gotten the wind  gauges working on my website now. It makes for easy viewing as they'll update my wind speeds every 4 seconds. 

What are your thoughts on snow potential on Monday? I'm hoping Wales and the SW can at least get a dusting!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
7 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

What are your thoughts on snow potential on Monday? I'm hoping Wales and the SW can at least get a dusting!

I haven't really had time to look today, been busy with other things. Looking at the modelling from very early this morning, it's an open book. I suggest to watch the radar instead of looking at the models, as it'll change right down to the wire.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)
1 hour ago, MidnightSnow said:

Some nice upgrades so far on the UKMO

Just wanna be watching lamposts at 3am.

Hi M.S can you post some here please, could you also give me a link to the M.O charts?

Thanks if you can.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Cloudy and mild during the day with occasional drizzle. Breezy for a lot of the day and can hear the beginning to pick up now. 10.2­°C

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
4 hours ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Check out Nick F's post in the mod thread, looking good for this area. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Certainly going to be interesting next 36hrs/48hrs. To see what happens with that system coming in from the NW monday early hours and then again as the system pivots and comes around again through later monday and into tuesday morning. 

• Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, Mark Neal. said:

Certainly going to be interesting next 36hrs/48hrs. To see what happens with that system coming in from the NW monday early hours and then again as the system pivots and comes around again through later monday and into tuesday morning. 

I think Wales and the SW will do well. It's pointless saying anything in the mod thread sometimes because they get touchy if you don't mention the SE.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

I hope we are lucky and all get some snow come Monday. ❄️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Windy tonight! 8.8°C

Posted

Morning All, quick wander round the estate to check for damage, seem to come out of it with no damage, after a gust of 47mph with almost 20mm of rainfall, kinda glad it happened now and not when the trees were in full leaf still..

This morning, calm and sunny and 6.4°C after an overnight low of 5.6°C at: 09:35.

Pressure 978.3 mb after a low of 977.9mb..

Beachcam this morning..the cruise ships appeared to have moved to Weymouth moored just off Osmington during the storm...

image.thumb.png.bf7c0773dcad764dc01e3f61d3fc66af.png

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
4 minutes ago, iceman1991 said:

Mettofice have amber warning for snow for  are region now 

I don't see an Amber anywhere? 

Not feeling overly confident for our chances let's see if we get any late upgrades in models today.. 

Posted
Just now, Nights King said:

I don't see an Amber anywhere? 

Not feeling overly confident for our chances let's see if we get any late upgrades in models today.. 

sorry nights king meant yellow think it will only be a dusting if we do get anyway 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
Just now, iceman1991 said:

sorry nights king meant yellow think it will only be a dusting if we do get anyway 

It's okay you just gave me a shot of false hope in the arm. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Nights King said:

It's okay you just gave me a shot of false hope in the arm. 

surely we should have some excitement somewhen this winter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Pretty wild overnight, but much calmer now with sunshine. 9.3°C at midnight, a low of 4.6°C at: 09:57, currently 6.1°C