Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/09/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
On 01/12/2020 at 20:20, tasty_snacks said:

Joining this regional thread having moved to lovely Gloucestershire last year. What a delight the SW is.

Nice chilly start to winter. Three frosts in last week, and heck of a fog Sunday night. I had to drive from Wotton to Stroud over the top of the hills - visibility down to 10m at some points. Definitely one of the trickiest drives I've ever had to undertake. Bloody good fun though.

Not overly familiar with SW winters or the set-ups which favour us in these parts. I got a sense from afar that Bristol and the Mendips hills to the south, and Gloc Cotswolds hills to the NE, always seem to do quite well? I hope so because the latter is where we are now!

I will miss the Thames Streamers!

Neighbours have already warned me that every few years the snow cuts off our town. I hope they're not exaggerating. We are surrounded by steep hills on all sides, so let's see what the future brings.....

Welcome to the SW

Wotton is great for snow. Growing up around there spent many a day sledging down the hills! Can be cut off with major snow but not had that for years

Fab to see the usual suspects returning for another year but still one question to be answered ............... Will it snow in Cardiff?

this is the year for epic snow for all of us! 

Edited by bellanite

Posted
2 hours ago, Mark Parsons said:

I'm not sure on the detail yet however there was snow at Broadwinsor West Dorset 8am this morning, Alt 161m.........

Looking back at the radar footprint, a suggestion for around 08:05 this morning where conditions might have been ripe for something other than rain, but I bet it didn't last long due to the amount of rain and the hovering temps. It does appear that Kent and Essex would have been closer than Glossop/Peak District as East Anglia appeared to do fairly well from the position of the low. So I stand corrected..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Cold feeling day, mostly cloudy after a damp start, some brightness about... reached 5.4°C

Currently 3.3°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)
3 hours ago, fromey said:

Now that’s amazing!! I missed the moon, nice picture though

Thanks Fromey. 

when I woke at 5 am this morning I'm sure I saw the shed roof was slightly white maybe a brief moment of snow that melted I could be wrong though.

there was snow in Dorset so I'm assuming it could've been possible up here as well. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A cloudy morning but a sunny afternoon, and a high of 7.3°C.

I have hail in the forecast.. that would be quite nice!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Cloudy all day with light rain for a while this morning. Reached 8.1°C, currently 7.6°C

Posted

We've got a fair bit of sleet mixed with the rain currently. Really didn't think there would be anything so a little bonus

Temp 1.7C and dp 1C

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Was a crazy drive over Bodmin Moor tonight, pile up after pile up! At least I saw some snow haha! 

• Like 1

Posted
WWW.FALMOUTHPACKET.CO.UK

Icy conditions have been causing problems on the roads in Cornwall as a few parts have even seen a dusting of snow.

• Like 1

Posted

Heard something pinging on the windows in the early hours last night, then some interest on the radar return later...

Screenshot_2020-12-05-08-11-54-576.thumb.jpeg.f8a4cd4b400242c74a5a214c3803f90a.jpeg

Posted

Was 6c yesterday evening and has since been rising.
A high of 8.5c at 3am and has been hovering around 8c since.
Wind picked up and changed to Southerly 1am from its 6mph to 12mph with plenty of 20-23mph gusts.
It has moved this morning to SSE and is still 12mph with plenty of 15-18mph gusts.
Now 8.c, 985.8 hPa
We have had some snow flakes blowing in the wind and very slight sleet here this morning.

In Locks Heath, up the road from me, had it reported to me gusty winds and snow around 1:30am and faint traces of snow still lying around this morning.

Interesting skies this here morning;

clouds dec5th2020.jpg

Posted

Morning All, a wet start to the day after an overnight low of 3.9°C at: 07:08, currently 5.6°C, with RH91% and current pressure 985.7 mb with 39mm of rain having fallen so far today. Some choppy seas this morning...

image.thumb.png.0df584df1cbdce825ecead602ca356af.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms /Snow

Moderate hail shower here,alas no snow.......but here's hoping we might see something decent this winter..... plenty of time,early days yet ⛄.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

Today has been chilly but the sun has been out a few times. It may have snowed here this morning reading the messages of other people close by but I probably slept through it  

Posted

Whilst a very wet day with 46.0 mm so far today, we are still in the single digits, with a maximum of 6.1°C.. ignoring all the talk of white stuff, it has a LONG way to go before we really see a good frost for @Mapantz (to get the drone out) and anything larger than frost in white down here....still all to play for...early days..