Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/09/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Just had a quick deluge here too. Moving through quite fast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale

Definitely more rain than forecast here and still going.  Dont have instruments to verify it but reckon 40mph gusts too..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

A wet and windy day with 17.6mm so far. 14.2°C

Posted

My goodness it is turbulent just ahead of the Cold Front.

Rapid moving convective clouds racing S-N with sharp showers also moving S-N on the gusting wind at the same time as the front is moving W-E.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

17.2mm so far, tanking it down again now after a lull for a couple of hours.  Still feeling relatively mild.

Posted

So dark. So wet. Clearance soon hopefully.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I thought the wind would be the feature here, but winds haven't been as high as forecast. However, the rain has been relentless! 34.8mm so far. A lot of surface flooding out on the roads due to blocked drains.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Torrential rain here now. 26.0mm, 13.7°C

Posted

Well that was a wet ol' day, to say the least..after 30.6mm of rainfall, and some more tomorrow it's looking towards the years soggiest weekend. Now it 's stopped I was able to get and give the slabs a good brush down to remove the the green algae..so lets see what tomorrow brings..time for a curry methinks..

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

remove the the green algae

Same problem here Db. In fact, the last few weeks have seen a massive amount of it appear on my concrete areas. Not seen it that bad before!

Posted
21 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Same problem here Db. In fact, the last few weeks have seen a massive amount of it appear on my concrete areas. Not seen it that bad before!

Yeah, I get it every winter, once the rainy season starts, but I REFUSE to use a jet washer as that takes the surface off the slabs, so I start with a good brush down, and then a dose of  a proprietary green algae removal liquid(which usually lasts 6 months) and let it dry before letting the dogs out in to the same area, probably a bit harsh for the nearby fish for you...

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Yesterday was grey and cloudy all day with 11.8mm of rain, Southerly wind 6-12mph, 15-22mph gusts and a high of 14.7 at 5pm.
Wind moved to SSW late evening.
Was 14.3c at 1:30pm

Heavy rain spells since midnight through to early morning bringing 16mm 
Temp currently at todays low of 11.2c
Wind has moved SW and has picked up in last hour, 12-16mph, with plenty of 20-23mph gusts and a few around 26mph.
Heavy rain has stopped for last hour, just light drizzly showers

Posted

Another 10.8mm of the crystal liquid, and looking to the west there appears to be some feisty (including lightning markers) heading in a NE direction, so possibly some more rain in a while, meanwhile "Surfs Up" and looking busy today...

image.thumb.png.3b37c721f8941d610dd9e5a42604e0ea.png

Meanwhile

image.thumb.png.8a304336dc645e8a204244113aaa27b6.png

Posted

Sunny and windy so far but showers approaching from the west. 12.3°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Showery and windy but a few bright/sunny spells. 

12.1°C at midnight.

Currently 7.9°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale

As that heavy rain cleared this morning I noticed castellanus clouds drifting south to north behind it.  Not seen them this late in the year before that I recall.

Posted

Hail, torrential rain and thunder today. 24.6mm recorded today + 43.2mm yesterday. November at 100.8mm. The yearly total has ticked over to 1010mm.

• Like 1

Posted

Saw a window of opportunity to go for a walk, ventured out and within ten minutes it started to rain again so rushed back home. God this weather is tedious. Can't wait for the Atlantic to hit a block. A nice big frosty sunny high is what we need now!

Posted

By 'eck it feels raight nippy out there tonight, at this rate I'm gonna have to forgo the shorts and T's and put something a little warmer on...trying to reach December before I do that if I can..most certainly an interesting weekend weather wise..