Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/09/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Heavy showers on repeat this morning with quite the streamer off the Severn. The kind of setup that brings wintry showers in winter.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

staggering amount of rain today on top of sunday saturday friday and last Wednesday

Posted

Choo choo, loving life (not) under the shower train here too! Actually showers is too kind a term, it’s probably not rained for 15 minutes all morning! 

Posted
1 minute ago, Andy Bown said:

Choo choo, loving life (not) under the shower train here too! Actually showers is too kind a term, it’s probably not rained for 15 minutes all morning! 

Spot on Andy, relentless rain!  more to come looking at the radar. im expecting another 20mm min today on top of the rest.

Posted

And the rain is falling in places that saw some of the highest totals over the weekend!

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, TomW said:

And the rain is falling in places that saw some of the highest totals over the weekend!

Hi Tom, Out of interest which places recorded the highest totals in our region?

I know from folks around here there was well over 100mm. Chapmanslade/Frome i think had over 130mm and warminster not far behind that too. 

Posted
5 minutes ago, offerman said:

Hi Tom, Out of interest which places recorded the highest totals in our region?

I know from folks around here there was well over 100mm. Chapmanslade/Frome i think had over 130mm and warminster not far behind that too. 

It was the areas around the mendips cheddar was quite badly effected also lower langford as I was out doing delieveries the conditions were terrible on the roads as they turned into rivers!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Sunny spells so far but cloudier now with showers approaching from the west. 16.1°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
3 hours ago, TomW said:

It was the areas around the mendips cheddar was quite badly effected also lower langford as I was out doing delieveries the conditions were terrible on the roads as they turned into rivers!

Funnily enough I encountered quite a bit of flooding around Lower Langford / Churchill / Burrington last October & November when going to and from Wells to see clients. It's obviously prone to such conditions. (I hate that road between Langford and Congresbury lol...)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
9 minutes ago, jtay said:

Just popped into Salisbury. Dodging showers and breezy.

I was stuck on the Southampton Road for 15 minutes.. between the college and retail park. Finally got to B&M... Had a very light shower just now, seems I’m just on the edge of that one.

Posted
1 minute ago, CheesepuffScott said:

I was stuck on the Southampton Road for 15 minutes.. between the college and retail park. Finally got to B&M... Had a very light shower just now, seems I’m just on the edge of that one.

Yeah, there was something going on. I missed most of that going to Culver Street.

• Like 1

Posted
38 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Funnily enough I encountered quite a bit of flooding around Lower Langford / Churchill / Burrington last October & November when going to and from Wells to see clients. It's obviously prone to such conditions. (I hate that road between Langford and Congresbury lol...)

I have literally just drove through it and there is water running down the road on both sides and the water is like fountains coming out the drains the system obviously can’t cope along that stretch!

Posted

A couple of showers adding another 3.4mm to the month so far....sunny earlier having peaked nicely @ 16.2°C at: 12:53

Looking good for some more rain this week as it rolls in to the weekend....Current shot looks like South Wales is in for a pasting this week as the next depression whistles through..

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Only hit by a few speedy showers today, but one did produce this rainbow.  There was also a very faint one at sunrise.

P1050572 (800x600).jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Reached 14.6°C, currently 10.1°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Dry this morning followed by a showery afternoon. Reached 16.4°C, currently 12.0°C

Posted

Morning All, after an overnight low of 8.1°C at: 03:53 creeping upwards slowly, currently 9.6°C RH89% and patchy cloud covering we also have some early morning sunshine..the satellite shot this morning shows a general cloud covering across the southern UK..

image.thumb.png.6db01f4ffb9d569507a6192ed1127b86.png

Confirmed with the beachcam shot..

image.thumb.png.888427a02d6af31878f318cc8c5f7d22.png

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Cloud is thinning nicely giving some long sunny periods, meanwhile the next low approaches from the SW, and it seems to be aiming slightly more up country than earlier suggested..

image.thumb.png.b1293a591f9916ac4486af85bdc623ac.png

Posted

Sunny earlier but it’s been cloudy for a while now although still a few sunny spells at times. 15.4°C

Posted

Sunny for most of the morning before clouding over later on leaving a mostly cloudy afternoon. Wet this evening although the rain hasn't been that heavy so far. Reached 16.4°C, currently 13.6°C

Posted

Reached 15.1°C, a fair bit of sunshine today and stayed dry up until 6pm this evening.