Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/09/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Low of 5.1°C last night. Mostly cloudy but feeling a bit warmer than the last few days. 16.7°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Mostly cloudy with a few sunny spells during the afternoon. Reached 17.6°C, currently 16.1°C

Edited by matt111

Posted

Morning All, some dampness around  this morning, after an overnight low of 13.9°C at: 06:57, currently 14.3°C RH89 % now overcast, as shown on the beachcam this morning...

image.thumb.png.123110d4b96e8d9985fd26cd4674626c.png

Posted

Mostly cloudy but with sunny spells at times. Feeling quite warm. 17.7°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Cloudy to start this morning after an overnight low of 12.8°C but brightened up into the afternoon with blue skies for much of the afternoon. It reached 19.2°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

My WXSIM forecast is showing a crap-ton of rain here over the next 7 days.

It's a reoccurring theme these days. It's either bone dry for weeks at a time, or silly amounts of rain in the space of a few days. No halfway house anymore.

Posted
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

My WXSIM forecast is showing a crap-ton of rain here over the next 7 days.

It's a reoccurring theme these days. It's either bone dry for weeks at a time, or silly amounts of rain in the space of a few days. No halfway house anymore.

I was thinking the same while cutting back some shrubs in the sun this afternoon.

Speaking of sun, you must have recorded a lot this month?

Posted

Mostly cloudy earlier in the day but became sunnier later on. Reached 18.1°C, currently 12.1°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
4 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

I was thinking the same while cutting back some shrubs in the sun this afternoon.

Speaking of sun, you must have recorded a lot this month?

Yeah, it's been a sunny month overall, the sunniest September I've recorded for some time. I'm also slightly above the Met Office derived average too. 163.6 hours.

• Like 1

Posted

Morning All, an overcast start to the day, with the rain inching ever closer.

Overnight low of 7.7°C at: 02:35, currently 13.7°C RH88% and a light breeze in from the SW...beachcam this morning shows the overcast skies with the thicker cloud moving in from the west..

image.thumb.png.819c70421988977845d12e37ea9165fd.png

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Down to 7.1°C at: 03:48..

Overcast with occasional drizzle this morn, currently 14.5°C

Posted

Mostly dry and cloudy earlier but wet now with some heavy rain at times over the last hour. 15.7°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Afternoon all

This Morning started off a bit mixed, there were some long cloudy periods with some showers on and off. We did see a few limited bright spells at times but these didn't last very long, as thicker and more extensive cloud arrived a couple hours ago. Now the front edge of that rain band has now just reached our shores which is currently falling light to moderate at the moment. Along with this the winds are picking up slowly with some stronger gusts around wind facing coasts.

Current temperature: 16.8'c            Todays high so far: 17.8'C            Overnight Low: 13.3'c

Current average wind direction and speed: SW 13mph            Latest gust speed: 24mph              Highest gust: 30mph

Edit: Some heavier bursts of rain already started

Edited by Stormyking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

A thoroughly miserable day, but long overdue. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

The rain has eased a little now after some persistent moderate to heavy rain, though it is still spitting a little bit with the odd intermittent light to moderate burst at times, along with some fairly strong gusts of wind. That second area of heavy rain isn't too far away however, which to me looks like there is a squall line trying to develop on the western edge of this rain band!

Temperature: 15.5'c
Wind direction/speed: SW 16mph
Latest Wind gust: 27mph
Rainfall: 1.5mm so far.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

The squall line is moving right over us now and has been for the last hour.  Torrential rain, blowing a hoolie and none too warm.  When it stops, I'll check the gauge.....

• Like 1

Posted

Gauge held 31.2mm which, ironically, is exactly the total amount for the rest of the month!  Slight glimmer of sun around half six produced the very, very faint rainbow and then a sort of sunset.

P1050563 (800x600).jpg

P1050565 (800x600).jpg

P1050566 (800x600).jpg

• Like 1

Posted
23 minutes ago, Lyn-M said:

Gauge held 31.2mm which, ironically, is exactly the total amount for the rest of the month!

Funny you should say that Lyn. While it was absolutely pelting down earlier I commented to my wife that I expect we’ll double the monthly total this evening. I will have a check on it bit later.

Posted

Only 7.0mm here with the back edge of the rain just about to clear. Seems I was in a gap between the heavier rain for a lot of the afternoon and evening with just occasional heavy rain.

Posted

A cloudy and dry morning followed by a wet afternoon. Reached 16.8°C, currently 13.5°C

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Bridport at roughly 5.30pm , a biblical deluge......we had a flash flood 4 weeks ago which was bad, this was much worse..........