Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
5 minutes ago, dallas said:

Paul from the team (site development) has just posted something nice in the MOD thread

Only if you like sleet...!

Posted
5 minutes ago, loafer said:

Only if you like sleet...!

A wait and see nowcast I think

Posted

No real change from ECM would have like to see it go a bit north oh well it’s brushing very close to something interesting for coastal Kent & Sussex.

43CD8641-51AA-43CA-A202-B370BD2C7FF1.thumb.gif.d4bd9b0dfce655d59e3731f20d32801a.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Cold Air will be coming From Scotland most likely where the Expected Snow will be coming from. 

hgt300 (2).png

Could bring Snow Showers Like this down. 

Screenshot_20201229_181318_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.bbe92bec9309ae4528b6e9d61128971c.jpg

Edited by Sheldon Cooper

Posted
6 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

No real change from ECM would have like to see it go a bit north oh well it’s brushing very close to something interesting for coastal Kent & Sussex.

43CD8641-51AA-43CA-A202-B370BD2C7FF1.thumb.gif.d4bd9b0dfce655d59e3731f20d32801a.gif

That’s sickening. Bar a few flakes nearer the coast it misses pretty much all of us if it’s on the money.

Posted
Just now, steveinsussex said:

Lol even when we get the cold in we can’t get a damn snowflake 

2 Months left of Winter Or so still. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOWWWWWWWW

Hmmm. That ECM isn’t exactly as great as last nights re tomorrow evening. Not going to completely rule it all out til tomorrow morning though.

Keep praying guys lol 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Oh snow, got to be close second frosty mornings, all white and glistening,

I was remembering the snow cup we had here a few years ago, if I didnt do well in the even a hole in the mud filled up with snow didn't help my result  the met have given me  sleet for friday what a lovely gift 

Edited by Joanne Swann
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sheldon Cooper said:

Yes most likely but it could cut the Gulf Stream apparantly so we could end up in a cycle. 

Oooo this one I love this debate!! Yes the gulf stream relies on the salt water to operate (salt water sinks faster) and we could disrupt or cut it off by flooding fresh water melt into the sea from the ice caps...

However this wouldn't be a day after tomorrow scenario and I would imagine would take 100s if not 1000s of years.. By which point we have probably wiped ourselves out or if we haven't have learned and changed our ways 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)
1 minute ago, Jackski4 said:

Hmmm. That ECM isn’t exactly as great as last nights re tomorrow evening. Not going to completely rule it all out til tomorrow morning though.

Keep praying guys lol 

Prayers and snow dances often work 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOWWWWWWWW
1 minute ago, scrat said:

All we need is a slight correction north and IMBY is bang in the firing line. (Southend). Still time for upgrades 

• Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Oooo this one I love this debate!! Yes the gulf stream relies on the salt water to operate (salt water sinks faster) and we could disrupt or cut it off by flooding fresh water melt into the sea from the ice caps...

However this wouldn't be a day after tomorrow scenario and I would imagine would take 100s if not 1000s of years.. By which point we have probably wiped ourselves out or if we haven't have learned and changed our ways 

That is true perhaps we could build a massive Wall not allowing the Air in Winter and so allowing Colder Air To flow through more often. 

Posted
Just now, Jackski4 said:

All we need is a slight correction north and IMBY is bang in the firing line. (Southend). Still time for upgrades 

Let’s hope so mate ??

Posted
2 hours ago, pureasthedriven said:

Change their mind more than Boris. 
I would say as the app as go (I know, I know...) from a purely temp trend perspective over time, the one on my iPhone does a reasonable job. For example, flagged the chilly Christmas Eve/Day period way in advance. So what do they use..? 

Quoting myself here, apologies, but this app has been showing this for tomorrow and Thursday for the last five days. Not interested. Hopefully wrong but still interested to know what drives the ‘predictions’ (yes, I know they change like the wind, yes I know they’re no substitute for high-res short term models and yes, I know it’s not the best way to try and forecast the weather). But, if the ECM + everything vs Harmonie and a scrap of GFS is correct on this for tomorrow/Thurs, then not without note. 

0692E938-2DCF-4274-9CA4-D3818BD0665C.png

Posted
2 minutes ago, scrat said:

Have you seen me dance ???

Some showers  moving down the East coast, think they will fade tho.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

I dont post on here that much but its just incredible how much difference there is between yesterday evenings ecm and today re snow over the south east for tomorrow eve. How can these models get it so wrong at such a  short time period ?? Also staggered that the BBC forecasts are 10 hours or so out of date which where snow is concerned is crucial.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
7 minutes ago, scrat said:

I think I must be doing it wrong, then!:drunk-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Joanne Swann said:

I was remembering the snow cup we had here a few years ago, if I didnt do well in the even a hole in the mud filled up with snow didn't help my result  the met have given me  sleet for friday what a lovely gift 

I remember that, I failed too.......  At last you admit to your cheating, what did you do with the money ? 

Edited by Biggin
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Oh snow, got to be close second frosty mornings, all white and glistening,

well BBC said sleet and could even get some  snow, so doing my snow dance 

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Biggin said:

I remember that, I failed too.......  At last you admit to your cheating, what did you do with the money ? 

i lost no money just got cold :cold-emoji: running down the garden with a ruler, im sure loads of other people cheated 

Posted

Although there’s still a lot that could happen in the next 24 hours big shout to Paul who warned that the system would prob go south yesterday. Think patients is needed and our time for snow will come sooner or later maybe tomorrow night if lucky

• Like 1

Posted
26 minutes ago, Southender said:

That’s sickening. Bar a few flakes nearer the coast it misses pretty much all of us if it’s on the money.

Even more sickening when you consider this time yesterday the ECM was showing us getting a full pasting

If this cold spell is just about grey skies and a cold wind then it can do one, I’d rather it be mild if we can’t get snow or even a frost

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Well here (10 miles in from the coast in E Sx) I’m looking forward to lamp post watching tomorrow night in the “hunt for sleet” competition.