Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Still on for Wednesday then? Hopefully this low doesn't end up too far south. Which is still possible. Won't feel confident the models are right until a few more runs are under our belt.

• Like 4
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 3.2k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning all, I hope you are all well, and your Families are Virus free. Well it's great to be alive on the occasion of my 65th Birthday. Tbh, it feels pretty scary.  It is also vir

A very good frost here in London Docklands down to -2C it is still -0.4C now this is colder than anything last winter. Winter is here 🙂   

Still some time for corrections northwards. Since when was ICON the most reliable model? Let’s see what all the others have to say especially ECM. ICON is looking very nice re an easterly setting up a

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
    5 minutes ago, clark3r said:

BBC regional forecast did not mention the s word once, makes me very nervous hope tomorrow’s charts don’t downgrade

Terrible forecast didn’t even go that far . 

Posted
    2 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

No change there then. 

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Feb 2018 Easterly
    8 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

It's never easy getting to where need to be, but as Nick F posted prior few more runs before confidence is there.. Everything we need is pretty much there feed wise. Output is pretty mouth watering..

• Like 1
    Posted

18z UKV a south of M4 / lower Thames jobby, cutting it fine, don't want it further south than this, marginality could be an issue too. 

viewimage-25.thumb.png.2f7c9900a6c88b1de6d85ba7fee84dc0.pngviewimage-26.thumb.png.0ee34732e6ba8819d4745c5fb93e6b50.pngviewimage-27.thumb.png.0c08a8d4b838ebde9339a80f0f53d73e.png

Posted
    1 minute ago, Nick F said:

18z UKV a south of M4 / lower Thames jobby, cutting it fine, don't want it further south than this, marginality could be an issue too. 

viewimage-25.thumb.png.2f7c9900a6c88b1de6d85ba7fee84dc0.pngviewimage-26.thumb.png.0ee34732e6ba8819d4745c5fb93e6b50.pngviewimage-27.thumb.png.0c08a8d4b838ebde9339a80f0f53d73e.png

Yeah notice that it has it as a slightly weaker affair than some of the others

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
    9 minutes ago, Jason T said:

It's never easy getting to where need to be, but as Nick F posted prior few more runs before confidence is there.. Everything we need is pretty much there feed wise. Output is pretty mouth watering..

Yep it is . I was watching the darts and turned over just for that forecast . I was a bit perplexed with the lack of comment even alluding to the possibility. Never mind the output currently is stunning 🤩.

Posted

We will be checking the runs in the morning from behind the sofa. Weds night could be anything from 10cm + to nothing for many on here! Models are all over the place but will come to a fairly conclusive decision tomorrow I expect 

• Like 5
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to Early October

A light rain possibly sleet mixed in shower here in Dartford currently 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, Ice days, warm sunny days.

It's drizzling here. Good night ✌️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to Early October

Don't know if anyone posted these but these screenshots from latest Video update on BBC weather site is fantastic at times for virtually all of our region between late Wednesday and Friday!  Never expected to see such a deep swathe of snow for such an extended period on the video forecast, maybe they've incorporated GEM into their forecast too🤣

20201229_031031.jpg

20201229_031010.jpg

20201229_030953.jpg

20201229_030922.jpg

20201229_030905.jpg

20201229_030842.jpg

20201229_030807.jpg

• Like 1
    Posted
    7 hours ago, Mark wheeler said:

Cool yep , That does the trick Thanks , Now saved to my Home Screen 😃. I was aware it wasn’t in range but wanted to be ready when it is . Thanks for your help 👍

It sure is in range now if its SE snow u want 🤩😍❄🌨☃️ just posted this on the Mad thread probably will p### off a few northerners oh well its about time we all joined in with the fun this is eerily like the GEM showed yesterday! Steve Murrs house the rough sweet spot with mine still in the bright pink along the Thames

20201229_033737.jpg

Edited by Kentspur
    • Like 1
    Posted
    42 minutes ago, Kentspur said:

Don't know if anyone posted these but these screenshots from latest Video update on BBC weather site is fantastic at times for virtually all of our region between late Wednesday and Friday!  Never expected to see such a deep swathe of snow for such an extended period on the video forecast, maybe they've incorporated GEM into their forecast too🤣

20201229_031031.jpg

20201229_031010.jpg

20201229_030953.jpg

20201229_030922.jpg

20201229_030905.jpg

20201229_030842.jpg

20201229_030807.jpg

I think they have the ppn chart for Wednesday way to north on those maps. 

I would imagine Greater London/ Northern M25 being the most northern extent. 

• Like 2
    Posted
    9 hours ago, Mark wheeler said:

Amazing how chilly it can get considering its been overcast all night while I've been at work a low of 1c even here in tropical Gravesend currently 2.0c, pretty sure we will have some heavy frosts to come if we have a run of clear skies!

20201229_061853.jpg

Posted

Wouldnt it be soooooo 2020 if this was an all Snow event SOUTH of the M4 - Hahahaha total reversal of normality

But nice to see the 00z GFS finally catching up to the other Models with the placement of its Precip along and just north of the M4 Corridoor tomorrow starting around 8pm for CS and SE England

• Like 4
    Posted
    2 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Wouldnt it be soooooo 2020 if this was an all Snow event SOUTH of the M4 - Hahahaha total reversal of normality

But nice to see the 00z GFS finally catching up to the other Models with the placement of its Precip along and just north of the M4 Corridoor tomorrow starting around 8pm for CS and SE England

Absolutely. 

I personally don’t see any ppn getting north of M4 

Southern Home Counties and Kent look set for a covering 

• Like 1
    Posted

On the more worrying flip side watch the BBC forecasts drop the snow from the graphics as we go through the day today as the latest ECM has completely dropped the notion of a SE plastering with dribs and drabs skirting the coast and Southern Home Counties with sleet and some Wet Snow over the South Downs and Chilterns.

Posted
    5 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

On the more worrying flip side watch the BBC forecasts drop the snow from the graphics as we go through the day today as the latest ECM has completely dropped the notion of a SE plastering with dribs and drabs skirting the coast and Southern Home Counties with sleet and some Wet Snow over the South Downs and Chilterns.

I didn't think it was today, main stuff I saw for us on BBC forecasts yesterday was Wednesday to Friday no?

Posted
    2 minutes ago, Kentspur said:

I didn't think it was today, main stuff I saw for us on BBC forecasts yesterday was Wednesday to Friday no?

Yh thats what I am on about the Wednesday 8pm onwards into Friday has been dropped by the latest ECM so expect the BBC to drop it from their graphics when they do there forecasts later and play catch up with the 00z Models

Posted

Latest ECM for 9pm Wednesday Night and 6am Thursday Morning

Gone is the wrap around and the system scoots away into the Low Countries

overview_20201229_00_045 (1).jpg

overview_20201229_00_054.jpg

Edited by Paul Sherman
    • Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

Just goes to show what a bugger it is forecasting snow even at short range!

Let's hope the new year brings something interesting out of the emerging set up. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Precipitation is always a difficult forecast it seems. The difference is that nobody cares if it rains so we do not over analyse these charts until snow is a possibility. 

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Feb 2018 Easterly
    6 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Latest ECM for 9pm Wednesday Night and 6pm Thursday Morning

Gone is the wrap around and the system scoots away into the Low Countries

overview_20201229_00_045 (1).jpg

overview_20201229_00_054.jpg

Oh God. Dreading the posts in here for today...what a bugger. Let's hope the ECM is waiting for new colouring pens..

• Like 1