Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Must be 1.5oc outside most likely Precipitation Tonight will most likely dip further I reckon early Morning Snow is what's in order. 

Posted
52 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Temps here 2.1c & dropping fast....

Maybe some flurries laster from the west!

It’s 1.8c here and just had a rouge light rain shower for 5 minutes 

Highly unlikely that anything gets heavy enough to fall as the white stuff this evening/night let alone getting PPN even making it past Oxford. 

Posted
3 hours ago, NewEra21 said:

Not looking great snow wise for us in EA and the SE this week. Although I still wouldn't rule out a few surprises popping up at short notice, just not overly confident. One thing I am hoping though is that we don't see any cold rain, just give me the frost and freezing fog if we can't have the snow.

Anything from the NW never really does it for us down here. For me there's nothing better than a beast from the east, with uppers of -8 and lower, and seeing those snow showers piling into EA and the SE. Hopefully we can see a beast appear in the new year, none of this marginal stuff currently on offer!

I think that has changed a tad over the last couple of hours for us. The models are getting angry and really going to townspacer.png

Edited by Biggin
addition
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Oh snow, got to be close second frosty mornings, all white and glistening,

Hi all long time no see on my behalf, had a little flurry of snow Christmas day, blink and you would of missed it, but it made my day, very cold outside, starting to frost up, really hoping for a bit of the white stuff, you never know, wondering how many roller coaster rides we have again this time, cant take to much 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)
14 minutes ago, Biggin said:

Hi "neighbour"   Well almost

Hellooooo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

The BBC haven't updated their forecast for 6 hours....surely a sign of uncertainty? 

• Like 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, scrat said:

The BBC haven't updated their forecast for 6 hours....surely a sign of uncertainty? 

Just watched the Evening BBC news weather forecast with Ben ridge. 

No snow graphics in our region with the white stuff (if very poor) staying west of Oxford pushing SE exiting the Portsmouth area. 

Meto also has my location as dry and I’m the NW of the region. 

You can be sure that if this was just Rain then I’d get soaked tomorrow. Always the way. 

Edited by Polaris
  • Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Just gritted my little side street, so I guess that was for ice.

Not like my gritters, they only seem to grit in the summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

A few pics from the storm last night. Thought it would be a bit bad but was worse than expected. Would be nice to get some cold continental air to dry things out a bit.

4A882342-978A-4599-AC23-8418F2376619.jpeg

7C80E01C-242A-4A3E-9588-2BBF0144011A.jpeg

DAAAEBE1-E31D-4937-8FE2-3A181947B590.jpeg

AE086BE6-2B03-4BFC-9B51-688602312E52.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Right gang, brimming with positivity (naively maybe!!) after a read of the Mod thread. So I’ve just taken a photo of a photo, snowy splendour on the south coast 2010, a fishing boat on the beach St Leonard’s. So this is  what we’re aiming for, the ultimate benchmark for down this way..! oh yes 2010 was epic , be fantastic to get something like.... 

680498FD-9561-49D3-87CB-C17D9C38B3D4.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
10 minutes ago, shotski said:

Euro 4 looks a little disappointing for tomorrow

I'm not worried about tomorrow, model wise, I'll be now casting. If it snows it snows, if it stays dry or rains, so be it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Oh snow, got to be close second frosty mornings, all white and glistening,

i dont know why i do this every year, yep i appear every year around this time, go through the roller coaster ride, last year was terrible for snow, but this year, theres much for of a chance a really good chance of snow, and deep crispy mornings we deserve it in our region fir a change 

• Like 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, shotski said:

Euro 4 looks a little disappointing for tomorrow

Cheltenham down to Salisbury looks sweet spot if ppn moves as slow as predicted by BBC 

Mainly dry for our region tomorrow 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
1 hour ago, Biggin said:

I think that has changed a tad over the last couple of hours for us. The models are getting angry and really going to townspacer.png

Amazing

Snow in the West even at this hour. 

Screenshot_20201227_202910_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 2

Posted

I have and will ever be amazed at the belief people put into a computer generated 'forecast' for what the weather might be in three days time. i have knowledge of computers and understand how they work, which is basically a matter of programming.

yet i still see the model thread posts hanging on to what might be. surely it is a matter of what tomorrow brings and if it does or doesn't than no computer on this planet can determine that.

its winter. it might be cold. it might be snowy, frosty, wet, windy. but after all it is what it is.  i love the cold, i crave snow, i hope it is frosty but i don't let it rule my life if nothing happens other than its the season that it is.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather
22 minutes ago, MAF said:

I have and will ever be amazed at the belief people put into a computer generated 'forecast' for what the weather might be in three days time. i have knowledge of computers and understand how they work, which is basically a matter of programming.

yet i still see the model thread posts hanging on to what might be. surely it is a matter of what tomorrow brings and if it does or doesn't than no computer on this planet can determine that.

its winter. it might be cold. it might be snowy, frosty, wet, windy. but after all it is what it is.  i love the cold, i crave snow, i hope it is frosty but i don't let it rule my life if nothing happens other than its the season that it is.

Again my friend as I said in the model thread, i think you are in the wrong place then. x

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
9 minutes ago, Biggin said:

From the mod thread

Wintry showers tonight??

spacer.png

Might be why they gritted here, I'm not expecting snow, but any showers will quickly ice over, everything is icy already in fact, from last night rain. Had trouble opening my bin, to put rubbish in before putting it out for the collection tomorrow.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 2