Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
7 minutes ago, Hotspur62 said:

I feel for you bluebell with the fence damage.About 5 years ago I bit the bullet and got all my fence panels replaced and had concrete posts and gravel board-since then touch wood had no damage and we have had some pretty serious winds in that time.best £700 I have spent.That said noticed a section of felt blown off my shed from Bella so will need to sort that out today.Currently pouring down here and temperature down to 4.2 in Locksbottom!!Good luck to those who may see snow tomorrow/Tuesday.Think unlikely Kent will see any snow but those north and west in this region currently look to have better chances.Looks a pretty cold week here with maximum temperatures ranging from 2-4 degrees in this neck of the woods and nighttime lows probably around or just below zero.Looks mainly dry here but I live in hope to see some flakes fall and the landscape to turn white!☃️❄️

Yep, did the same thing and it's still going strong

Maybe it's just me, but I quite enjoyed the sound of the wind and rain against my window last night 

Posted

Agreed on the concrete posts and boards!

Bella was a bit of a nothing burger from my POV. Went to bed with the weather dry, it rained and blew all night when I was asleep, now it’s dry again!

Posted

Very windy as forecast but no damage that I can see!

As expected, had plenty of water in the conservatory but not round the frames so the pre-storm work we did outside yesterday worked..the buckets do have plenty in them though from the roof.

All in all, wilder than expected wind wise, about what I expected rain wise with 32mm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

oh my snow shower for tomorrow has gone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frost and snow

Just had a hail shower, only noticed because I wondered what was hitting the window

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Pretty windy night here in Bexhill! We lost one very old fence panel, but the new ones we put up recently are intact.  

Gusts must have peaked between 60-70mph in the early hours, so it was about the same intensity as the February storm here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

I reckon Gusts got to about 65-75mph here. 

Edited by Sheldon Cooper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Urgh, storm casualty, my mini greenhouse got ripped up and overturned!!! However the Meto Yellow Warning for Snow and Ice has just cheered me up!!!?❄

20201227_084413.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

The weather station I use got an 88 max. Not sure how Langdon bay did, but as the wind was wsw it was probably moderated by the cliffs, between Folkestone and Dover.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Hang on, we will be cold for a while yet, let's see what develops, that low going south is not a problem, we have slack flow over us, that's the whole UK, small features develop, and will hopefully produce snow.

• Like 2

Posted

Patience Grasshoppers - Am pretty confident our time will come from the North Easterlies or Easterlies in early to mid Jan.

Also pretty sure if you want to see snow there will be some to be had in the higher parts of our region over the Downs, Chilterns etc etc

• Like 7

Posted
1 hour ago, lottiekent said:

Very windy as forecast but no damage that I can see!

As expected, had plenty of water in the conservatory but not round the frames so the pre-storm work we did outside yesterday worked..the buckets do have plenty in them though from the roof.

All in all, wilder than expected wind wise, about what I expected rain wise with 32mm

Wasn’t really conscious of very strong winds. Rain pretty heavy.  No apparent damage to those areas that suffer from high wind from that direction.

Posted

bbc  saying   -4/-6  to night!!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
52 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Just had this alert in via Dark Sky. 

86C776FE-DAF6-4857-9A31-ED22AF422AD9.png

Met0 has me under a yellow warning for snow and ice, but none of my forecasts show any precipitation. 

☃️ 

Posted
1 hour ago, Paul Sherman said:

Patience Grasshoppers - Am pretty confident our time will come from the North Easterlies or Easterlies in early to mid Jan.

Also pretty sure if you want to see snow there will be some to be had in the higher parts of our region over the Downs, Chilterns etc etc

I see the same Paul. Perhaps a slow non descript descend into something more fruitful in the next couple of weeks. A bit like the more exciting events of the past. Cold days, frosty nights getting that ground temp down. Then bang, a nice strong ENE drift off the warm N.Sea firing up old Mother Thames for some streamer action. Here’s hoping...

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Southender said:

I see the same Paul. Perhaps a slow non descript descend into something more fruitful in the next couple of weeks. A bit like the more exciting events of the past. Cold days, frosty nights getting that ground temp down. Then bang, a nice strong ENE drift off the warm N.Sea firing up old Mother Thames for some streamer action. Here’s hoping...

Absolutely Mate

None and I mean none of the best spells for the SE have had areas of snow like tomorrows risk is showing. Like you say we need a week of hard frosts and freezing fog much like Nov 21st to Nov 28th 2010 and also the Feb 2009 spell had the same. Jan 1987 also had some freezing dry weather as High Pressure moved over the Uk around the 5-9th Jan that year.

So the upcoming pattern has me smiling with this flabby low and light winds over us this week, hopefully keep the daytime temps between 3-6c with some frosts and freezing fog at night then get that east drift next weekend onwards

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

Did not hear the storm last night, woke up too bright sunshine and clearing skies. Fells a lot cooler. Have a good day. Good health to you all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Chilterns will be my best bet for our region hardly ever see snow from the West/NW in Kent ive had it before when even much of Londons fared better than my location in this setup up the GFS snow risk has really dropped also on latest 6z run for my location and London

Posted
5 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Absolutely Mate

None and I mean none of the best spells for the SE have had areas of snow like tomorrows risk is showing. Like you say we need a week of hard frosts and freezing fog much like Nov 21st to Nov 28th 2010 and also the Feb 2009 spell had the same. Jan 1987 also had some freezing dry weather as High Pressure moved over the Uk around the 5-9th Jan that year.

So the upcoming pattern has me smiling with this flabby low and light winds over us this week, hopefully keep the daytime temps between 3-6c with some frosts and freezing fog at night then get that east drift next weekend onwards

Absolutely. If there’s not an E’ly element to the wind I’m not really interested. Frontal stuff as you say rarely delivers here. Give me a strong E/ENE with -10 uppers all day. I’m sure our time will come. Feel a lot more positive this winter what with the background signals. We’ve just got to be patient and wait our turn.

• Like 1