Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

I am taking the time to write this post on the Chance of Snow Not only on Christmas but all Winter. 

A small chance ON CHRISTMAS Day would be BRILLIANT. 

2070754178_uksnowrisk(6).thumb.png.e07b6b77d4ded07fe4463c03c488c54f.png

The AO Charts are CERTAINLY UNCERTAINTY.

MANY OF THEM HAVE NEGATIVE AO'S SO HERE'S TO A MERRY WINTER. 

CHEERS. 

imagep1zye.webp h500_2020122100_days_06_10.webp figure13_12212020.webp cfs_h500_full_20210101_2020122100.webp cfs_t2m_full_20210101_2020122100.webp

• Like 2

Posted

BBC a lot more bullish than me even lol

Watch around the 3 minute mark for the possible Disruptive Snow Remarks for the 29-31st Period

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Snow features in the forecast, but will it arrive in time for Christmas Day? Matt Taylor has the details.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Expecting quite a bit of flooding around these parts tomorrow/Thursday.  We had a fair bit on 4th December and that was after 18mm. If we get 40mm tomorrow as some models are showing travel could get tricky (not that we should be travelling much at the moment anyway!)

Posted

Seems like a good chance of a white Christmas in Norwich, the favourite, last month it was 11/1 now it’s 5/2 that was the last I checked it may have gone down further since. 

NMM interestingly has a line of showers coming quite far inland in East Anglia, would it survive towards London and SE is question? I suppose there is a small chance of technical white Christmas it will be cold enough.

DA2ADA5B-3467-47C8-A349-DE6E1E61854F.thumb.jpeg.1eb2adb71c9a6205449566edf9e3264f.jpeg

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Here's the Arome model's take on the front that moves north, stops, swivels and returns south to give some large rainfall totals for many in our Region today:

anim_wlk6.gif

The rainfall accumulation to 05.00 Thurs shows where most rain is likely to fall:

1600998574_Arome12hrCumPrecip23Dec.thumb.png.24793db82e0d949f72b488cd634fbdf4.png

Charts from Meteociel: http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/arome.php?ech=3&mode=1&map=30

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Met office showing the potential for a lively wind event in Bexhill during the early hours of Sunday. Keeping my eye on it!

D1B63FCD-B09A-4165-AC55-81D8DFD9EB7C.jpeg

Edited by LightningLover

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Absolutely chucking it down at work now in Huntingdon. Hoping it will stop in an hour or so when I need to head home.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Right I’m done with rain for now thanks. A snapshot of conditions on my lunchtime walk sums it up nicely. Without wellingtons the footpaths and bridleways are impossible. Even the country lane walks are very puddly now. 
Weather feeling very mild and unseasonal even for down here on the south coast. 

B74E9E94-B6B8-4DA9-AAF1-CB0414505E3E.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Heavy showers this afternoon and even the odd cumulonimbus cloud...which is a rarity in Spring never mind December.

I've had it up to here (raising my hand above my head) with all this rain and it's about time for something different i.e. dry, frosts and a bit of snow please, can you hear me weather gods?

I'd just like to wish everybody a Merry Xmas and stay safe!

20201223_145056.jpg

Edited by Froze were the Days
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
34 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

Heavy showers this afternoon and even the odd cumulonimbus cloud...which is a rarity in Spring never mind December.

I've had it up to here (raising my hand above my head) with all this rain and it's about time for something different i.e. dry, frosts and a bit of snow please, can you hear me weather gods?

I'd just like to wish everybody a Merry Xmas and stay safe!

20201223_145056.jpg

That makes two of us then! It’s really bad in North Beds and near Only where my folks and sister live,

FDB9EE1B-3957-4D00-9B99-82A80CEC7384.jpeg

21F21B2F-0337-4BED-8AE9-25C329E96ECF.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

went from drizzle to heavy rain. Did the 'wonder what this would be like if this was snow' then realized it was mild enough not for a coat, yet alone a jumper. 

• Like 1

Posted

All the usual roads, paths and fields under water here....again, non stop rain all day and now it looks like it’s turning round and heading back again. Don’t think even wellies will help with walking anywhere tomorrow, dogs might need to learn to row a boat!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

UKV/AROME both showing enhanced shower activity across our region tomorrow evening - Looks just on the wrong side of marginal with dew points above freezing, but if some of the showers can hold together & get some intensity, possible wintriness over the hills etc?

radarrate_20201223_12_035.thumb.jpg.f7a9b1ff6d610c0aab8064f525936b24.jpgUKV.thumb.png.8e28610b55d868b17ba9a931c0e396ae.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow
1 hour ago, laddie said:

Horrendous conditions around Peterborough for most of the day still chucking it down, I think there will be some pretty bad flooding 

The Nene further up is well and truly in flood, fields gone and A43 closed at Geddington. It's all got to come down to you yet and still battering down near Daventry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Wind event seems to be continually upgrading...

78FC6049-3E33-47BF-B43A-E47BD00DDE60.jpeg

Posted

Could really do with some snow to cheer me up. Just had a msg from test and trace to self isolate for 7days. Means having to stay in my room away from the rest of the household.  

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1

Posted

Morning and Happy Christmas Eve!

Another 7mm of rain here since midnight, but looks like that’ll be it for today. 
As forecast, cooler and windy this morning too. Currently 6.2c with a dew point of 4.3c

I see some lucky members on the Scottish thread had a dusting of snow in the night, not likely here in the next 24 hours but hoping for something of more interest (if you like snow!) next week.

Have a good day everyone...looking forward to Tom’s final snowman update later today!

• Like 1

Posted

Quite a chilly wind this morning, bringing some showers down the east coast with it, we really don’t need any more rain, so much flooding around this area, some houses even started flooding last night, nobody needs that especially this time of year and after the awful year we’ve all had. 

To one and all, Merry Xmas and everything crossed for a better, safer and happier new year, take care and pray for some snow ⛄⛄⛄??❄️❄️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice

VERY interesting from the ICON this morning

iconeu_uk1-1-105-0.png.4c792a4560c77fa7c460d482c23797f7.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings
20 hours ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Absolutely chucking it down at work now in Huntingdon. Hoping it will stop in an hour or so when I need to head home.

Drive past Brampton was interesting , road under a foot of water