Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
On 08/09/2020 at 10:39, TomSE12 said:

Morning all,

I hope you are all well, and your Families are Virus free.

Well it's great to be alive on the occasion of my 65th Birthday.

(SNIPPED TO SAVE SPACE)

So, this 65 Year Old teetotaller would like to raise a glass of thanks, to you all. :drinks:

Very best wishes,

Tom and ColetteSE12 :hi:

Sorry that I missed your birthday.

Edited by Blessed Weather
Quote box snipped to save space.

Posted

Hope you had a lovely birthday Tom... it was mine last Friday virgos are arguably the best  

Weather not been doing whole lot, I have been taken back by how dry it has been and with no rain looking likely anytime soon shaping up to an exceptionally dry month. Recent days have been very nice and pleasant can’t ask for much more, but ah some heat to come in next few days. I never thought I’d be using my AC unit again so soon! It’s a sure sign of changing season that the nights aren’t really looking warm.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

A lovely few days of weather coming up with plenty of warmth and sunshine on offer. Today (Sun) seeing temps generally around 23C - 24C and Mon/Tues widely hitting 28C (London 30C) before the heat starts getting squeezed out from the north on Wednesday. Temp charts Sun to Weds:

1598635348_ArpegeTempSun13Sept17_00.thumb.png.c24c5c7ba6dfceb1cb6808322345e9aa.png1715077325_ArpegeTempMon14Sept17_00.thumb.png.3e3a40561586893c874ae5e3241ccad8.png513559195_ArpegeTempTue15Sept17_00.thumb.png.d1c15d06651d10e68989b2b83cbc100d.png1925423844_ArpegeTempWed16Sept17_00.thumb.png.8f30c7b1bcacd5274417a6a6e6f804da.png

The SW'ly breeze could be noticeable today as High Pressure tries to build in from the south. The breeze switches to a SE'ly on Monday as the High over Europe moves away east and pulls in the warmer air off the Continent. Today's developments producing an interesting squeeze of wind blowing along the Channel and through the Dover Straights. Wind gust charts today and Mon:

2113748756_ArpegeGustsSun13Sept17_00.thumb.png.20e1efe8881c38b3e8a65439cbc08cb5.png2055334253_ArpegeGustsMon14Sept17_00.thumb.png.a05654a65e19ddfe80c5e08645d021ea.png

I hope everyone can get out and enjoy the weather at some stage over the next few days. :oldsmile:

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Nearly 26c today again warmer than forecast (how many times have I said that over the last month or so)...a couple of days ago it was 23c then went up to 24c forecast by the Beeb yesterday for today.

Personally I feel sad we're getting these high anomalies now...GW is really getting a wriggle on now.

Posted

well having decided yo make a dash for Whitstable yesterday, following the PM new stance. Wow it was busy in the car parks and on the front. After 2 hours of moderate crabbing success we had lunch and watched the yachts compete in a little competition. 

Headed to Broadstairs for ice cream and a walk into viking Bay not a cloud in the sky as we walked from Dumpton Gap. A piece of advise thats where to  park if visiting Broadstairs. 

Had a lovely walk to Morellis ice cream parlour. Watched the kids play in the sand.

All the time my tan was getting added and my daughter was desperate for an ice cream. 

Blue skies and excited chatter awaited a long queue for arguably the best ice cream in the South East Coast. 

Topped off with an impromptu little performance on the band stand which drew hundreds of people desperate for live music.

So a paddle in the sea as we walked back to the car. 

Lets hope this keeps going for as long as possible. 

We have 7-8 months of dark rubbish weather to come eeking out the summer a bit longer puts off the inevitable darker days and permanent home working which i really am not looking forward too. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Lovely fresh misty start here with a min temp of 9.6c, what a contrast the forecast is for this afternoon with temps up to 30.0c, luckily only for a couple of days before normal temps return.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Fresh start got down to 8.5c here in N Surrey , the low angle if the sun is really notable now I think the highest temps will be reserved for the UHI of London and maybe E Anglia today ... was on the s coast at Rye / Camber yesterday and it was really fresh in the breeze almost chilly

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

Fresh start got down to 8.5c here in N Surrey , the low angle if the sun is really notable now I think the highest temps will be reserved for the UHI of London and maybe E Anglia today ... was on the s coast at Rye / Camber yesterday and it was really fresh in the breeze almost chilly

Here it was 20 and breezy, but I found it comfortable. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

After a morning low here of 9.6c temps topped out at 27.5c, starting to fall back slowly now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Beautiful day. I'm on my first proper leave since Christmas so it's giving me the opportunity to finally enjoy the sun.

• Like 4

Posted

Had a nice diurnal range today - a low of 9.9c last night and then managed 28.9c this afternoon! 
Unfortunately I don’t think it’ll drop that low again tonight as it’s still 18.6c now

• Like 2

Posted

Beautiful mid Septembers day I’d say one of nicest of year, max 27.2C but quite nice in sun, in the earlier part of summer I find it too intense. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Really foggy. Can't see the end of my garden. Wasnt expecting that!

• Like 2

Posted

Same ^ very thick fog and quite cool. Definitely a surprise 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Yes, same here - a very misty start. The pockets of cold air drifting off the nearby field kept misting up the patio doors. Reached 27.2C yesterday and 28C or 29C expected today. I see Arpege has a cheeky 31C showing down in Kent:

1541080379_ArpegeTemp15Sept20.thumb.png.92cd5077cbf2fbdd7c0ea828745eef3f.png

Just snapped these lovely altocumulus drifting across the Suffolk sky:

62279251_Cloud15Sept20.thumb.jpg.1cf6fab4be153156f118ddfef54f5e5d.jpg

• Like 7

Posted

3.c warmer start here this morning than yesterday, but will it be 3.c hotter than yesterday's p.m's high of 27.5c here.? I think some places will see 30.0c probably the usual hotspots.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
5 hours ago, thunderpants said:

3.c warmer start here this morning than yesterday, but will it be 3.c hotter than yesterday's p.m's high of 27.5c here.? I think some places will see 30.0c probably the usual hotspots.  

Made 30c here in Cambridge this hour. Few other stations in the SE reporting 29c (Mildenhall/Lakenheath, Southend, Northolt. Manston). 

Posted
3 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

Made 30c here in Cambridge this hour. Few other stations in the SE reporting 29c (Mildenhall/Lakenheath, Southend, Northolt. Manston). 

Just hit 27.1c here so should beet yesterday's high here of 27.5c, not sure we will get to 30.0c in my location but it's blooming hot in the sun regardless.