Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

Unless we get some miracle come tomorrow morning of heavy slow moving PPN moving across our region then there’s a chance of some wet snow at higher elevations 

current temp 4.6c here and pouring down 

Posted
Just now, Polaris said:

Unless we get some miracle come tomorrow morning of heavy slow moving PPN moving across our region then there’s a chance of some wet snow at higher elevations 

High elevations round here is me going to my bedroom on the first floor. So I’m not expecting too much. 

Posted

There are quite a few snowfall / snow depth charts being touted around this forum that require an extremely large pinch of salt!!! Lets not fall into that trap. Never the less it will be nice to see some wet snow tomorrow which is a possibility  can't complain! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Anyone London southwards expecting to see snowfall tonight is going to be disappointed, even places like the N Kent Downs look like they're going to see anything of note, the cold air just doesn't wrap around fast enough to undercut the rain/sleet. 

Those in EA however have a chance of seeing something early tomorrow morning, though mostly over the hills and accumulations look patchy at best.

Heavy rain just cleared here with largely clear skies following on behind, some PWS to my west (namely Watford area) show temperatures now plummeting under this so I will hopefully be recording similar in the not too distant future. I will cautiously add that I think the radar picture looks decent, obviously no model has got it right but the trajectory looks...decent.

Posted
13 minutes ago, Matty88 said:

There are quite a few snowfall / snow depth charts being touted around this forum that require an extremely large pinch of salt!!! Lets not fall into that trap. Never the less it will be nice to see some wet snow tomorrow which is a possibility  can't complain! 

Yes Some wet snow can’t be ruled out early doors if sufficient PPN around 

Though without Meto on board 12 hours out, best to expect nothing. 

40 minutes ago, Polaris said:

I think your in one of the best places potentially !

to be low 4s already is good !

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

I think your in one of the best places potentially !

to be low 4s already is good !

Hopefully Steve, however I don’t expect the ppn to make it this far inland tomorrow morning so I expect cloudy drizzle here before milder air moves in from the east for a dry afternoon. 

Meto seems keen for maybe some sleet around EA before turning milder. 

Posted

I’m surprised now cool it is at the moment 4C here and the BBC app says 7C for 6pm. The dew point is falling and I’m feeling a bit more hopeful with snow potential in region. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)
7 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Thats a great temp

Im going Botley hill restaurant  tomorrow( hopefully ) 250 M

It's lovely there, just up the road and the most fantastic views!  When we had the epic snow of 2010, we drove up there in our Landy, they were closed due to the adverse weather, however, saw us in the carpark and invited us in to warm up in front of the open fire and gave us a free drink!  Happy memories of Botley and the snow drifts!