Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

I set off for Wales (collect daughter from uni) at around 5:30am Friday morning - if it could wait to snow until I’ve left the SE that’s be great! And then the gritters can sort the roads out in time for me to get back to Kent around 6pm that evening.

I can’t believe there’s a risk for snow on literally the one day I don’t want it!! I love snow; I am in awe of snow. Just not this Friday please

Edited by lottiekent
  • Like 1

Posted

Harmonie model seems like the very best outcome for SE band wraps back in. I’m expecting nothing but sleet in sea level inner London but we love to dream. I would say today things have gone in a more positive direction GFS is furtherest east with low all goes in North Sea really. Lamppost watching starting early.  

38644211-1F9A-4FE0-8325-BDFB6977D8B1.thumb.png.86c1410af857e2bd8e62f9369e66d159.png

29793ECD-12D3-4EF0-A855-D53FDFD2F81D.thumb.png.4f5b34ab7e63663c46b00efaf771fafa.png6BB79996-D29E-4393-8D4F-6484F61F543E.thumb.png.8880f97a9a79bdfb61c01b15db20ca46.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
19 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Harmonie model seems like the very best outcome for SE band wraps back in. I’m expecting nothing but sleet in sea level inner London but we love to dream. I would say today things have gone in a more positive direction GFS is furtherest east with low all goes in North Sea really. Lamppost watching starting early.  

38644211-1F9A-4FE0-8325-BDFB6977D8B1.thumb.png.86c1410af857e2bd8e62f9369e66d159.png

29793ECD-12D3-4EF0-A855-D53FDFD2F81D.thumb.png.4f5b34ab7e63663c46b00efaf771fafa.png6BB79996-D29E-4393-8D4F-6484F61F543E.thumb.png.8880f97a9a79bdfb61c01b15db20ca46.png

Even has some here, bet it will be hill tops though, Whitfield and capel, if it does. And normally the road above mine is the line, when hight comes into it, still not far to walk if so.

Thought I'd check the will it snow app before bed, has nothing for Friday at the min, but thursday it has 48% lol. What's the GFS on, very much doubt it will snow on Thursday down here. Guess we'll see.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

18z EC sticking to its guns Friday

ecmwf-deterministic-uk-total_snow_10to1_cm-7122800.thumb.png.9d3e75cab3e77ea7aab376ec15f324c8.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Looking like cold rain tomorrow here - 3c and rain being forecast by BBC and Met.

Places at 150m upwards may see some wet snow, but I think it will be too wet and dew to high for it to properly settle.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

BBC app has gone up a degree for tomorrow and shows plain rain now also- How did I guess this would happen

Screenshot_20201203-100448_BBC Weather.jpg

Posted
32 minutes ago, Kentspur said:

BBC app has gone up a degree for tomorrow and shows plain rain now also- How did I guess this would happen

Screenshot_20201203-100448_BBC Weather.jpg

Just a mirror of today I reckon - cool and rainy.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

What an utterly miserable, wet, cold day!!!  If only all this heavy rain was snow on a dry and cold ground.

• Like 2

Posted

6.4c here and throwing it down.

850s are about 0c at the moment. Even if we drop to -3c tomorrow, that will only get me to around 3.5c air temp.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, scrat said:

What an utterly miserable, wet, cold day!!!  If only all this heavy rain was snow on a dry and cold ground.

Aye Scrat... it's exactly the same here and, despite all the hype, it's nae even worth checking the temperature!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
11 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

The wind is much stronger than I was expecting mind. Quite a gale at times.

I agree with this, I’ve just been wrestling with the wheelie bin lid flapping up and down! It’s pretty grim out there, not much love to about cold rain ? in my view, never mind eternally hoping for some lovely frost and sun even if snow is a permanent absentee..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Frost and Blue Sky
20 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Afternoon.

Currentlt 6.6c & heavy rain.

However the colder & clearer air is starting now to push East so those winds will die out for around 6pm.

Reports of rain turning to snow in wales thread is good news.

The system that is bringing the wintey potential for tomorrow is now in radar range.

E7F9EA94-970C-46CD-B7FC-CCEC5647E4CC.thumb.jpeg.c1a4516dccc103e9ad4057a08d5130fd.jpeg

It is snowing just west of Cork in Ireland, they very rarely get snow.
So the system coming in tomorrow has very cold air associated with it.

Edited by Peter Roberts
more information
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Flakes fall on Medway tomorrow. The earliest shield failure in many a year.

You heard it here first.

• Like 1

Posted

Currently 7.1C, grey, wet and slight breeze here in SE18. have to say, been out in the car today earlier and temps stayed around 7C so can only expect cold rain as sun sets. Still, it's not even through the first week of December, so nothing expected which is out of the normal for this time of year. 

• Like 1

Posted

Hi...another long-time lurker but rare poster here.........it’s been lashing down for several hours in Mid Sussex now, with some quite heavy pulses of rain at times. Windy too and minor flooding on a lot of the country lanes. 7.8 degrees currently. Grim !

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, throwoff said:

Flakes fall on Medway tomorrow. The earliest shield failure in many a year.

You heard it here first.

Only flakes here tomorrow might be some dandruff in the wind!