Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

October was only the second month this year with above average rainfall in London, the other one being February. Probably end up being a slightly drier year than the long term average. As i said the other day on here, we need wet autumns in SE England. Dont think we'll be needing the arc just yet. 

Screenshot_20201104_202737.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

Cold and Foggy on the commute. Time for the jacket I think

Posted

still misty here. temps around 8 c outside. but about the same indoors as got no heating or hot water at the moment . boiler been replaced today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
On 04/11/2020 at 10:45, Froze were the Days said:

October 2020 - these charts about sum it up! dreadful. South East had an average of 174mm of rain and an average of 50-70% of sunshine.

image.png

image-2.png

Just for proof of my rain reading I'm under the small dark blue blob in the far se lol. You'll have to zoom in. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
4 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

Just for proof of my rain reading I'm under the small dark blue blob in the far se lol. You'll have to zoom in. 

Not as dark as the blue I was under and many others  and I recorded near 120mm but have to say that figure might be shy as I didn't pay that much attention to my rainfall gauge back at the start of the month (deluge of Storm Alex). At least I think we can safely say this month won't be anywhere as wet as October (he said).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
On 04/11/2020 at 10:45, Froze were the Days said:

October 2020 - these charts about sum it up! dreadful. South East had an average of 174mm of rain and an average of 50-70% of sunshine.

image.png

image-2.png

Thanks Froze. A few more stats about Oct 2020 in our region courtesy of Weatherquest:

• Average temperatures (+0.0C)
  • Wettest October since 2000 (171%)
  • 2nd highest number of October 'wet days' on record
  • 2nd 'dullest' October on record (55%)
  • Largest negative monthly sunshine anomaly since February 2011

Source: Twitter @danholley_

Edited by Blessed Weather
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Like yesterday there has been some cloud drifting around, not spoiling an otherwise calm and fairly pleasant day with a high of 12C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

Even foggier this morning! Bedford To Milton Keynes visibility pretty bad. Drive safe peeps

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

The sky all day so far has been just lovely to look at, the clouds have put on quite a delicate autumnal display!  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Streets still busy here, not much of a lock down so far. I think the government will have to put their foot down. Weather wise meh

Posted

It’s been very nice in recent days, some real thick fog yesterday morning I only had a max of 8.6C, coolest since March, also foggy this morning but not as bad this is the autumn I love.

16336A6A-ADD8-4CE4-8362-6D9A3005FB9F.thumb.jpeg.67b02b74c4998ac531e368b9e12c6c01.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted

Been sunny here throughout the past 3 days. No fog. This must be the most fog-free place I have ever lived in. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

We now have fog -- nasty, thick, damp and miserable fog. But it's nae nearly as dense as your average Trump supporter!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Wow, was clear outside an hour ago and now very thick fog in N London. Can't see more than 20m? That was quick.

Posted

Sun seems to be breaking though here, where all the weather forecasts seems to have suggested today would be a cloudier day than yesterday. Nearest weather station suggests its just short of 13.4c at present. Seems to be more cloud about mind, so unsure how long the sunnier intervals will last. 

Edited by magicpatch
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
4 minutes ago, magicpatch said:

Sun seems to be breaking though here, where all the weather forecasts seems to have suggested today would be a cloudier day than yesterday. Nearest weather station suggests its just short of 13.4c at present. Seems to be more cloud about mind, so unsure how long the sunnier intervals will last. 

It's been out here, since the mist cleared, MP... The LBC forecast said that Northern Scotty would have the best of the weather, today... Ergo, I cannae imagine what it's like up there!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Same here beautiful blue sky and warm spring like sunshine . Beats me why folk are so down about the outlook, yes it’s above average temps, but I’d rather this than endless wind and rain. I know it’s not cold however we have December to March for that brand of weather to emerge....

• Like 1