Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Looking increasingly wet and the radar is starting to show multiple squall lines .

Photo.pdf

Why has it become so hard for me to photo grab a shot and transfer it all on here I’m having to save as a PDF 1st taking plenty of time . Love the new format but this is now long winded .

Edited by Mark wheeler

Posted
1 hour ago, Mark wheeler said:

Looking increasingly wet and the radar is starting to show multiple squall lines .

Photo.pdf 1.26 MB · 3 downloads

Why has it become so hard for me to photo grab a shot and transfer it all on here I’m having to save as a PDF 1st taking plenty of time . Love the new format but this is now long winded .

Wow  

Photo.pdf

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

The wind is neither strong enough nor the rain heavy enough... the local scrotes are letting off fireworks!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
4 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

The wind is neither strong enough nor the rain heavy enough... the local scrotes are letting off fireworks!

On its way Pete. If the little darlings are still out later on they're going to get a soaking. 

19.15: 2035575883_Radar24Oct19_15.thumb.jpg.b059eeab0bc5779a84f2b0c0f7db98cc.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
9 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

On its way Pete. If the little darlings are still out later on they're going to get a soaking. 

19.15: 2035575883_Radar24Oct19_15.thumb.jpg.b059eeab0bc5779a84f2b0c0f7db98cc.jpg

I'm right under that bright red will be passing 150mm the month to date which is just phenomenal here!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

It seems pretty wild out there, some of my husbands family are travelling down from Woking for a half term family holiday to Camber Sands, hope they have wet weather gear and a canoe they’re going need it me thinks! 
on another matter @Blessed Weather I noted your mushroom pics a few pages back. We were away in Northumberland last week and we saw some amazing fungi, this cascade of them in a tree stump, and a bright red variety!

IMG_3921.jpg

IMG_3958.jpg

IMG_3919.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
29 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

How are you posting your charts as I’m really struggling at the moment to post them ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Currently on Bexhill beach, on the bulverhythe link path. Wind is definitely gale force now, hard to stand up properly!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
4 minutes ago, LightningLover said:

Currently on Bexhill beach, on the bulverhythe link path. Wind is definitely gale force now, hard to stand up properly!

It's like that outside my house, and I'm a couple of miles in land from the coast. It's probably the hill. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

MetOffice warning went out a little bit late today didn't it?! 

A short period of very heavy rain and gusty winds will make for difficult travel and temporary flooding of some roads

Issued: 19:40 (UTC+1) on Sat 24 Oct 2020

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
13 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

How are you posting your charts as I’m really struggling at the moment to post them ?

Hi Mark. I always right click on charts or the Netwx radar, etc, and save the image to a folder on my laptop. Then click on "Choose files" when making a post to upload the image(s). Put the cursor where you want the image to appear within your post and click on the + sign on the uploaded image and it will be placed in your post. If you want to, pop over to the forum update thread in the Help & Support area and describe your problem. Paul will give you an answer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
1 hour ago, General Cluster said:

Snap!...there was me thinking it would be a quiet fireworks spell due to being no organised parties but I'm starting to think the opposite now. How bad does the weather have to be so that the scrotes don't let off random bangers (and this was happening last weekend as well), my dogs are already cowering. 

Edited by Froze were the Days
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Absolutely torrential monsoon like rain. Not sure I've ever seen rain this heavy in the UK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
1 hour ago, Daniel* said:

I'm right under that bright red will be passing 150mm the month to date which is just phenomenal here!

Chucking it down here now...heading towards approximately 100mm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Raining hard here, not on the level as elsewhere though.

Posted
49 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Hi Mark. I always right click on charts or the Netwx radar, etc, and save the image to a folder on my laptop. Then click on "Choose files" when making a post to upload the image(s). Put the cursor where you want the image to appear within your post and click on the + sign on the uploaded image and it will be placed in your post. If you want to, pop over to the forum update thread in the Help & Support area and describe your problem. Paul will give you an answer.

Thank you , That how I’ve done it the last  couple of times , I’m on iPhone and its not letting me do what it used to . 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

No rain here yet, just wind as far as I can hear! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Highest gust is now 66mph, still pre squall, but the light rain showers in front of it are bumping the wind up a bit. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

what a nice squall, it was like a tropical storm actually hit here with the heavy rain bashing every thing it touched and the winds swaying all over the place. Too bad its dark so recording wise was difficult but I know other members here know what im on about with the conditions.

• Like 1

Posted

The rain was coming down at a rate of just over 50mm per hour around midnight, which gave 23mm in half an hour. 

Unfortunately, the direction of the wind and the ferocity of the squall means we now have an indoor water feature in the (rubbish old) conservatory. Everything is now in the middle or in the living room!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

The squall was pretty strong here too, although the wind only became a tad stronger upon its arrival. The rain was extreme on my scale though!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

Haven't seen such strength on a squall like that in a good few years. I'd say Jan 2014 is probably the last time.

The normally sheltered part here was getting battered like no tomorrow. My neighbour's had a bit of damage unfortunately to his greenhouse. It must of been gusting easily 30 mph at the front of the house here. 

Video of just near the end of the squall is attached.

• Like 1