Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

@lassie23 My thoughts and prayers are with you too, lassie

I noticed Icon is showing snow for our whole region next Thursday.

image.thumb.png.7087467c6be67b08cfb635eb58141f4c.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow
3 hours ago, lassie23 said:

My dad died this morning, hope it snows to lift the gloom.

So so sorry for your loss.My thoughts are with you at this time.

Posted
3 hours ago, lassie23 said:

So sorry to hear that. Another of life’s unpleasant milestones. 

I really hope everything that needs to be done runs smoothly during these difficult times. 

Posted

I would imagine we won’t get any snow this week if we do it will probably be across the hills .  Here’s keeping fingers crossed for at least one snow day before next Sunday ! 

Posted
12 minutes ago, Radiating Dendrite said:

BBC still forecasting rain all week.

Am I missing something here? Rain and 5c?

Nope your not missing anything at all.

Quick summary of the 00z Models and its grim reading really unless you live over 150m asl where some of the heavier areas of Precip will probably show snow more esp at night. Icon and Arpege are showing lovely streamers on Monday and Tuesday but all as rain.

Monday is at 0%

Tuesday is at 0%

Wednesday is at 0%

The above is based on a blend of all convection allowing models and covers 95% of the population of SE England

Also to the guys that have lost loved ones over this challenging time am soo sorry for your losses, lets hope 2021 gets a lot better for you all and sending virtual hugs to you all.

Best

Paul S

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Sorry for your loss @lassie23 

Wednesday morning, according to 06z GFS, dew points are below 0C and T850s -7C to -8C, cold enough I should think for snow from any streamer

GFSOPUK06_96_10.thumb.png.535722ede5db6799baa76e5244167aee.pngGFSOPUK06_96_2.thumb.png.3dafe126c791b307315c18b1c065f1bb.pngGFSOPUK06_96_53-1.thumb.png.65226f160d121566f5831b83a9c75661.png

Edited by Nick F
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers; frigid winters; golden fall; bright spring

Popped over from SW, but lived in Sussex for 36 years. So sorry to hear of your loss Lassie, times will be hard I’m sure but better days are ahead believe me, all the best Bob...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006
9 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Nope your not missing anything at all.

Quick summary of the 00z Models and its grim reading really unless you live over 150m asl where some of the heavier areas of Precip will probably show snow more esp at night. Icon and Arpege are showing lovely streamers on Monday and Tuesday but all as rain.

Monday is at 0%

Tuesday is at 0%

Wednesday is at 0%

The above is based on a blend of all convection allowing models and covers 95% of the population of SE England

Also to the guys that have lost loved ones over this challenging time am soo sorry for your losses, lets hope 2021 gets a lot better for you all and sending virtual hugs to you all.

Best

Paul S

January, -7/8c uppers and we are still looking at rain. Should we all find a new hobby? The only positive are the summers! 

Posted

Stay positive peeps, I've found snow in the 06z runs.

Monday night from GFS

overview_20210102_06_063.thumb.jpg.7c5fedcad1fb87e0e69b998b23deeb1d.jpgoverview_20210102_06_066.thumb.jpg.f2841a982be5b4ee83da7c692ee8c9f1.jpgoverview_20210102_06_069.thumb.jpg.dcd66f73d6bd9493c9dd9af257c539f1.jpg

Thursday from ICON

overview_20210102_06_120.thumb.jpg.570def56facc31387d4a7a60903dea71.jpg

Caveat: not to be taken literally as forecasting snow difficult more than 36 hrs out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Posted

So sorry @lassie23. Me and my wife both lost a parent each not too long ago, so understand your pain. As others have said, time is a healer though. Remember the good times.

As for the weather. It’s all still a bit meh from where I’m looking. Up a hill and you are probably nailed on for some snow next week. Lower down and on the coasts, it’s all a bit of a lottery really. Nothing new for our part of the world. Need to get those uppers and dews a bit lower for more confidence in seeing the white stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

There’s snow moving SE through Wales and the Midlands at the moment and snow showers moving SW from the North Sea into northern England. Are we in the SE going to be unlucky again and miss out? That band moving SE through the Midlands and Wales is coming towards us but I get a feeling it’ll fizzle out before it gets here. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, danm said:

There’s snow moving SE through Wales and the Midlands at the moment and snow showers moving SW from the North Sea into northern England. Are we in the SE going to be unlucky again and miss out? That band moving SE through the Midlands and Wales is coming towards us but I get a feeling it’ll fizzle out before it gets here. 

Even if it makes it to this region. Air temps and dew points are unsupportive of snow unfortunately.

Posted
4 hours ago, lassie23 said:

So sorry to hear that, my thoughts are with you.

I have rewritten this bit several times as I don't want to make a sad situation worse, but I hope my experience may help you in some way.

My Mum died several years ago now and at the time I pretty much lost interest in everything including the weather. But everyday it does get a bit easier. Everyone deals with grief in there own way so whatever you are feeling is perfectly normal. You may get people trying to encourage you to go out and do this that and the other, not really possible at the moment in any case, but I would say only do things when you feel ready.

My main bit of advice would be to find one person you are comfortable talking to and tell them how you are feeling and be honest. Also, in hind sight I should have kept going with a hobby, such as the weather, as a bit of a distraction.

So hang in there things will improve slowly.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
4 hours ago, lassie23 said:

So sorry to hear that. 

Posted
14 minutes ago, Southender said:

Even if it makes it to this region. Air temps and dew points are unsupportive of snow unfortunately.

I'd be happy with sleet. 

Posted
15 minutes ago, Southender said:

Just our luck! Are they supportive everywhere currently except the SE? What are dew points in the Midlands? 

Edited by danm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOWWWWWWWW

Don’t worry guys it’ll all be okay, James Madden says so.

On a serious note, still plenty of time for upgrades. Positivityyyyy.

• Like 1

Posted

That band across Wales and the Midlands wasn’t forecast was it? Seems to be a surprise for members in that area. It’s moving our way but I’m not convinced it’ll stay intact. We’ve had really bad luck so far. 

Posted

Mid next week the Chance Spikes up and gives a colder flavour. 

gensfr-0-2-108.thumb.png.804ac06b7d1e06d3ee33f913e69d22fb.png

But you have got the Details and make it more Southernly with our luck. 

Towards the end of the Week however it trades back to a Scandanavian-Russian Airflow but a bit more of an Easternly Shift but of Course That could change. Of course there is a Northernly Airflow feeding Scotland Snow as usual. 

1036590797_gensnh-0-1-132(2).thumb.png.033be988e31082c4746dd7f4d303b4ef.png

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

A chance of more prolonged............... Rain?

Great forecast this morning, NOT

Posted
14 minutes ago, danm said:

That band across Wales and the Midlands wasn’t forecast was it? Seems to be a surprise for members in that area. It’s moving our way but I’m not convinced it’ll stay intact. We’ve had really bad luck so far. 

Its been on the ICON and Arpege for 2 days now, I never commented on it because it wasnt for our region. The reason the Meto has had its pants down with it is because they clearly dont use or look at those Models. Think Arpege is showing another band of snow in the Midlands and Wales tomorrow as well.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

Its been on the ICON and Arpege for 2 days now, I never commented on it because it wasnt for our region. The reason the Meto has had its pants down with it is because they clearly dont use or look at those Models. Think Arpege is showing another band of snow in the Midlands and Wales tomorrow as well.

If it continues it’s track towards us intact, is it likely to produce snow here? Parts of the Midlands are getting a covering. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, danm said:

If it continues it’s track towards us intact, is it likely to produce snow here? Parts of the Midlands are getting a covering. 

Models showing it gets down towards the North Midlands then shears away to the South West over the SW Midlands, Herefordshire and Wales etc before running out of steam over Glouc etc. Most models keep us dry today before the wind switches to the Mild North Easterlies lolol