Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather

Lucky that system didnt get to the SE, it turned into a drab, not much precipitation at all in the end.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, heat, sunshine and thunderstorms. Anything severe.
14 minutes ago, Zak M said:

And I tried some night-time shooting and tested out the ISO. A lovely moon corona appeared while doing so:

P1000283.thumb.JPG.3afc49088ab9f6e2f4b835d5864d8fa6.JPG   P1000284.thumb.JPG.dc2b9546e0814b211c49681f379e153f.JPG

Cheers Zak, came on here to get away from the word corona. That’s the evening ruined.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
44 minutes ago, steveinsussex said:

at what?

41 minutes ago, Southender said:

Can’t you see the potential snowflake falling on the boats moored off Hastings Pier?

Don’t forget the west coast of Wales. Always eager to see what’s going on there from here in East Sussex.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, Jackski4 said:

Just look closely!!! Nah I’m messing mate, I don’t know if he’s trolling or not at this point. I wish I had his enthusiasm to life though.

There snow just off the Kent coast between Dover and Folkestone. As some small showers seem to be around, may be some might snow. Although I doubt it here. If one hit's I'll post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Well what a let down, after 22 nights of being in the armchair at my mum and dads, im back in my flat in northiam sussex, and I was hoping for a few flakes, but alas, it wasn't to be, hopefully we'll all see some of that white stuff soon enough

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
1 hour ago, Southender said:

Can’t you see the potential snowflake falling on the boats moored off Hastings Pier?

Well I did say earlier i have my snow magnet facing the channel, and I’m only about 5 miles east-ish  of Hastings pier!!

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, bluebell said:

Well I did say earlier i have my snow magnet facing the channel, and I’m only about 5 miles east-ish  of Hastings pier!!

I've just driven past Hastings Pier. Not a sausage there either (or a snowflake) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
8 minutes ago, TommyB said:

I've just driven past Hastings Pier. Not a sausage there either (or a snowflake) 

B**ger, need to get a stronger magnet then!!

Posted
2 hours ago, slater said:

You are correct, just watched the the Met Office 10 day tread, they have said yes it will be a easterly next week but the source is from the med where temps are in the mid to high teens. Anything that will fall out of the sky will be rain. As I said the otherday the north sea is still at 9c anyway.

Still time for that to change. Could get slightly colder uppers or warmer ones or might not even be an easterly at all by the time we get there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder

Looks like those between Brighton and Folkestone in the the next hour or so will have a few flakes!

7EED9563-819A-452F-8520-5B8DD4BA73D5.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

-1.1 here at Locksbottom at 11.45 and a heavy frost already outside.if it stays clear hope to get in the -2s which would be coldest night of winter here so far.See the pub run even gives the SE snow but taken with a huge pinch of salt as was in FI

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hotspur62 said:

-1.1 here at Locksbottom at 11.45 and a heavy frost already outside.if it stays clear hope to get in the -2s which would be coldest night of winter here so far.See the pub run even gives the SE snow but taken with a huge pinch of salt as was in FI

Got -4 on the car jail lane. 1130

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow events, cold zonality. Heat and humidity.

2.9c with a dewpoint of 1.7c in flat calm conditions.

Just felt a couple of very fine drops of rain.

The cloud appears to be retreating southwards now though with a distinct clear line towards the north. Game over for this one.

Posted
4 hours ago, slater said:

You are correct, just watched the the Met Office 10 day tread, they have said yes it will be a easterly next week but the source is from the med where temps are in the mid to high teens. Anything that will fall out of the sky will be rain. As I said the otherday the north sea is still at 9c anyway.

You want the sea to be warm but the uppers (850s) cold to get good snow of an easterly.  The issue is the uppers aren't cold enough on this run. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Some sleety stuff in Bexhill 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Trying out some more night-time shots. Currently -1c and starting to frost over.

P1000413.thumb.JPG.87ed63a5b1e12cae924f2ff60e8aa5bb.JPG   P1000401.thumb.JPG.0046a7f5e4f8d7a41846469c88ff22e2.JPG   P1000407.thumb.JPG.3e2245a9190e388420801b700aef3fb4.JPG   P1000412.thumb.JPG.33fcb36feca932125211874c16fb41d7.JPG

Caught quite a few stars in the picture below and happy about it considering the fact that I used my bare hands to take it, instead of a tripod. ISO was hovering at around 6,400 for all of these shots.

P1000421.thumb.JPG.0bf65f8aca1d8307de41c4f55cad7fd9.JPG

And an enhanced version:

stars.thumb.jpg.db01935eb20607cb2c2ea901ea5297da.jpg

Starting to get a bit misty now.

Edited by Zak M
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder snow is the best phenomenon

I don’t see how any precipitation would fall as rain this week 

• Like 1