Posted
1 hour ago, Southender said:

Oooh look Day 10

F76217E8-C0D7-43B1-ABE8-1EF1C15FEF3B.jpeg

Looks accurate - pouring rain over the whole of Kent. Just like every winter

• Like 4

Posted
4 minutes ago, Kentspur said:

I do feel we have a higher chance of the ECM being  atleast closer to being right- especially as its not just the ECM showing this likes of Icon GFS etc also show it.

And we know that East/NElys are far more beneficial for our region than last weeks Atlantic originated fail.

Its good to keep positive and offer atleast a little hope to members in here

Fingers crossed for further upgrades

Hi mate, 

Im all for positivity but it’s also important to keep it real for members 

This forecast easterly is just to warm. Sleet at best in heavier showers. Ain’t no dancing around it. 

Edited by Polaris

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Really is painful watching the Midlands to the north and West Country to the west, including Bristol, seeing snow falling and settling this evening, while in our area we miss out again. When the ppn does come like yesterday, it's not cold enough for snow! Fingers crossed the easterly delivers next week, seems to be trending colder and colder on each model run, so some of us should see snow, more particularly inland.

Edited by Nick F
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder

Some comparison made on the MAD thread at the moment with Feb 86 cold spell... I don’t recall much of that winter, with the exception of the exceptionally cold temperatures in Florida that January that contributed to the Space Shuttle Challenger exploding just after lift off on the 28th January...I was living in Haywards Heath at the time and vaguely a few very snowy days that possibly closed  the schools.. can anyone else add any details?

Posted
6 minutes ago, Snowy Bob said:

Evening all, 

Here's to a better '21 than the last twelve months. Condolences to all who are dealing with bereavements at what is already an hideous time.

Down here in the centre of Folkestone, there is remnants on the car bonnets of precipitation earlier this afternoon no more than that, and although it says 2c on my app (I can't find a suitable weather station for my particular circumstance right now) it feels a great deal colder than that.

There is a part of me that would quite like snow however with the situation as it is in the country I can't help but feel it could be something else that the authorities could do without.

Hi Snowy Bob!

There must be snow in the horizon if you’re here

With regards to weather stations in Folkestone, this is the link to mine:

WWW.WUNDERGROUND.COM

Weather Underground provides local & long-range weather forecasts, weather reports, maps & tropical weather conditions for locations worldwide.

And I believe @Kent Clipper is the author of the local Folkestone FB famous weather group, this is the link to that station:

WWW.WUNDERGROUND.COM

Weather Underground provides local & long-range weather forecasts, weather reports, maps & tropical weather conditions for locations worldwide.

Hope that helps!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

looks like we have a better chance next week   with the uppers getting lower with each run,so bbc looking wrong,which isnt surprising as they seem to  go off old data,best make the most of it though as looks more likely we COULD return to normal UK Zonal mild winter crud afterwards

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOWWWWWWWW
3 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

looks like we have a better chance next week   with the uppers getting lower with each run,so bbc looking wrong,which isnt surprising as they seem to  go off old data,best make the most of it though as looks more likely we COULD return to normal UK Zonal mild winter crud afterwards

Unlikely that one ECM fantasy land run is going to verify over all the other models that keep it cold 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Just goes to show how unfortunately positioned we are here in the SE region while we sit and look enviously at the North and West and Central England, while at the same time despite Europe being warmer than us lately thats about to change quickly- look at this forecast for just across the channel in Belgium snow almost every evening and most day times too in the next fortnight. Just goes to show what a pain the warm SSTs have been so far lets hope they cool quickly as the ECM charts I posted yesterday on the mad thread suggested 

240x180_twc_default.png
WEATHER.COM

Be prepared with the most accurate 10-day forecast for Liège, Liège, Belgium with highs, lows, chance of precipitation from The Weather Channel and...

• Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

Hi Snowy Bob!

There must be snow in the horizon if you’re here

With regards to weather stations in Folkestone, this is the link to mine:

WWW.WUNDERGROUND.COM

And I believe @Kent Clipper is the author of the local Folkestone FB famous weather group, this is the link to that station:

WWW.WUNDERGROUND.COM

Hope that helps!

Thank you Lottie, hope you're doing as well as can be expected.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Clouds here are moving west, so I think the ppn will do the same. Looks like arpedge has got this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow
34 minutes ago, John Stevens said:

Some comparison made on the MAD thread at the moment with Feb 86 cold spell... I don’t recall much of that winter, with the exception of the exceptionally cold temperatures in Florida that January that contributed to the Space Shuttle Challenger exploding just after lift off on the 28th January...I was living in Haywards Heath at the time and vaguely a few very snowy days that possibly closed  the schools.. can anyone else add any details?

I remember that winter quite well even though I was only 12. I was living near Winchester at the time and it was a frustrating month (where I lived at least) because it was dastardly cold but with very little snow. We had maybe 2-3 cm from a front from the east to kick things off then about 3 weeks of endless grey skies, bitter winds and just the odd light flurry. The problem was that the winds were just too south-easterly orientated, coming off a very cold but dry continent. With daily maxes close to zero and very low dew points the initial snowfall barely melted but was never really added to expect for a couple more cm right at the end during the breakdown.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Hit a peak of 4.2 today in Locksbottom but at 7.45pm now -0.2.Still looks marginal next few days re DPs but time will tell and let’s hope for once the SE falls the right side of marginal

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Daniel* said:

Kent streamer written all over FAX chart into Tuesday the twig often excites !

5B88CFE3-DFEA-43A7-9FCF-EF800CA0999F.thumb.jpeg.ecba860db5df974d93033243cd080a21.jpeg

Finally some hope goes right over my house. Now just hope it’s cold enough for snow 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOWWWWWWWW
3 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Kent streamer written all over FAX chart into Tuesday the twig often excites !

5B88CFE3-DFEA-43A7-9FCF-EF800CA0999F.thumb.jpeg.ecba860db5df974d93033243cd080a21.jpeg

Would be good for Essex too! This defo falling as snow mate?

Posted
16 minutes ago, weathertoski said:

I remember that winter quite well even though I was only 12. I was living near Winchester at the time and it was a frustrating month (where I lived at least) because it was dastardly cold but with very little snow. We had maybe 2-3 cm from a front from the east to kick things off then about 3 weeks of endless grey skies, bitter winds and just the odd light flurry. The problem was that the winds were just too south-easterly orientated, coming off a very cold but dry continent. With daily maxes close to zero and very low dew points the initial snowfall barely melted but was never really added to expect for a couple more cm right at the end during the breakdown.

Snap, 8 miles SE of Winchester, is was king cold walking the mile home from the bus stop and we had ice on the inside of the bedroom windows but no deep snow just grains in the wind and flakes blowing across the ground.