Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.
3 hours ago, D.V.R said:

We might get some snizzle from it 

It always pushes away to the west as soon as it reaches England  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
2 minutes ago, Floatylight said:

It always pushes away to the west as soon as it reaches England  

You still watching it? I totally forgot about it - too busy drinking and watching the models 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOWWWWWWWW

Amazingly good GFS 18z and para tonight to welcome in 2021.

Happy new year all. Might be another tough one but let us hope it’s a white one!!!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

HNY To you all.In the short term ,models tonight have trended slightly colder in the t+120(as far as worth looking atm)and uppers Monday and Tuesday are between -6 - -8 so it will be down to dew points which have also gone the right way but still very margainal.It’s positive news from 24 hours ago and a similar movement over next 24 hours and we could be seeing snow as early as Monday night/Tuesday morning.Still a long way off but after this weeks disappointment with the Low going in the Channel Wednesday night & Thursday it would be nice if things went our way this time to balance things up.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.
14 minutes ago, yamkin said:

image.thumb.png.c82246892cb5a6ffc6904807d719ca65.png

Well hello yams!

Happy new year bud xx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Happy New Year

Here’s to a snowy winter, warm spring, thundery warm (not melting hot) summer and a healthy year!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Slightly late as I'm on my final night shift for a few weeks, happy new year everyone heres to a snowy January&February 2021 for all of us❄?☃️

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

A little wintry precip showing in 3 days time t72 for our region on GFS 0z, lets hope for upgrades from this. Its something of interest atleast for now 

Screenshot_20210101-040749_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 5

Posted

GEM is such a tease is it ever right after last weeks flop? But still I'm only posting what its showing and thats snow for our region from as early as today in a few spots with increasing amounts next week (I'll believe it when I see it)

20210101_043057.jpg

20210101_043016.jpg

20210101_043002.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
40 minutes ago, Kentspur said:

GEM is such a tease is it ever right after last weeks flop? But still I'm only posting what its showing and thats snow for our region from as early as today in a few spots with increasing amounts next week (I'll believe it when I see it)

20210101_043057.jpg

20210101_043016.jpg

20210101_043002.jpg

If there's any today it'll be the front coming down from the north. It will be occluded so, we'll see. 

• Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 hour ago, alexisj9 said:

If there's any today it'll be the front coming down from the north. It will be occluded so, we'll see. 

BBC go for an easterly with rain and 6c all next week, even an easterly can't bring us snow lol

• Like 3

Posted
33 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

BBC go for an easterly with rain and 6c all next week, even an easterly can't bring us snow lol

But then there's this the wording "not exclusively on hills" caught my eye

Anyway the best start to the new year for me on a personal level was getting a negative covid test having been working alongside several staff who are positive (must still have antibodies) as I had the virus in June due to unfortuante circumstance, so maybe this is proof that you can be immune even to this new strain by having the older strains antibodies

Anyway my last night shifts done off to bed have a great start to 2021 everyone 

Screenshot_20210101-071545_Met Office.jpg

Edited by Kentspur
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Happy New Year everyone, hopefully 2021 will be happy and healthy for us all and we’ll experience plenty of interesting weather, too

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Have a very Happy (and safe) New Year everyone. Here's to a snowy Jan and Feb and then an early Spring with lots of warmth and sunshine to cheer us up as we head into the best summer ever! 

And just-for-fun, ECM looking interesting for snow next Friday. But will it verify........

579417271_ECM01Janfor07Jan21.thumb.jpg.7f27f1907a56e00a17a2c468cec10b13.jpg

• Like 6

Happy new year everyone!!! 

Lots to be happy about moving into a new year 

2 vaccines to combat this nasty invisible killer and hopefully some snowy weather!! 

So much going on this week I think it will be a case of look out the window and try find local observations on temp and dew point. 

Even tomorrow evening aprpge wants to bring a dusting of snow to western areas of our region and plenty of showers packing in on the easterly flow which is getting colder by the run! 

Remember.. Get the cold in first the snow will follow! 

Edit: low of - 1.2 overnight 

Now DP - 0.9 a d temp 0.1 so anything that does make it here this morning would potentially fall as snow! 

Temp steady and not rising yet.. 

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

I'd like to wish all South East Regional Members, a Very Happy New Year.

Our frozen, newly engaged Couple, Sammy and Samantha Snowmen, would also like to wish you all a Very Happy and hopefully, Snowy New Year.

image.png.3deda6618c0d77d09b5fa06f90eb4b01.png image.png.f55df3eea22d2cca1df1a5009be53666.png

They are spending the last few Days of their Christmas holiday, in their bedroom of the Ice Palace Hotel, in the Ski Resort of Levi, in Lapland.  

image.png.a16ffa3ef58632d1d667439715293ee5.png   image.png.6f7981a6f179cbdec4b33127d9cdafb2.png

Sammy is very apologetic for not being able to deliver a White Christmas for our Region. 

He sincerely hopes that our Region will start to see a bit of the white gold, in the next few Days and more as we go through January. The couple will be travelling back to Snowdown, near Dover in East Kent, on Monday. They will jump straight back into their Chest Freezer Bed, as the temperature isn't quite cold enough for Snowmen yet. 

image.png.6ceb37014c518c721541df921bdb7876.png

They will have to be very wary on their journey from the Hotel to the Airport, though. 

They are about to undergo a Sudden Snowman Warming, as can be seen from the graph below, of the predicted rise in core temperature, of their bodies.

image.png.d235cdc8a8a97d4fc5bb8a61816b9ca9.png

They want to avoid the fate that befell Sammy a couple of Years ago, when he was catapulted high into the Stratosphere, by the same phenomenon.

The by then married couple, will return in December 2021, to present Countdown to Christmas With Mr. and Mrs. Sammy Snowman. They would like to leave you with an appropriate piece of Music, for Today:

To pinch a line of U2's lyric. Let's hope it's not too long before, "A world in white gets underway."

Hope you all have a great New Year's Day.

Regards,

Tom.  ❄️

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 6

Posted

HNY all. A few flurries in St Evenage this morning. Looking at the high res runs there are a few light showers heading south this afternoon / evening.  Not enough fir a covering but many will see a few flurries over the next day or so...a light starter perhaps? 

F8F52FDF-30F7-4747-9438-1F0165665FFA.jpeg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tim Bland said:

HNY all. A few flurries in St Evenage this morning. Looking at the high res runs there are a few light showers heading south this afternoon / evening.  Not enough fir a covering but many will see a few flurries over the next day or so...a light starter perhaps? 

F8F52FDF-30F7-4747-9438-1F0165665FFA.jpeg

If temps hold as they are certainly many will see a few flurries over the coming days.. Some high res even bring a light covering to western areas I think it's a small feature in the flow tomorrow evening.. 

Plenty to be excited about 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1