Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOWWWWWWWW
35 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

We might get lucky and see some before next week.

Arpege has some snow in our region Saturday and Sunday.

image.thumb.png.94b199bb053980ef8e9ca23fb12730e5.pngimage.thumb.png.18f1de0342221c4e536c9f14cbc0096f.png

Icon in the early hours of Sunday.

image.thumb.png.8d6616c0f89e589922e5b8dfe0b3a9da.png

Would this fall as snow though?

Posted
Just now, MAF said:

goofus

Oh I call it much worse but this is a Family Forum Mick  The F and S usually stand for something that rhymes with Ducking Fit

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
4 minutes ago, Jackski4 said:

Would this fall as snow though?

Well, the hatched lines in the ppn means it's snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

I have a friend who’s brother lives in Jersey (where really it is a mircoclimate of warmer temps through winter), they have sleet right now...! Yet here we all still wait, where it feels freezing outside but still apparently too warm for snow. Yes the usual barriers specifically for my location where well worn phrases like ‘away from the coasts’, or ‘those with elevation’  grind my gears, I dislike reading the truth day in day out. Going to get my saved bbc forecast snow graphics screenshot out to escape reality!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Around the 4th/5th I imagine we'll get Cold Air keeping the Euro High at Bay and allowing Cold Air to stick in our South this would bring because it is the former Air from The Arctic Northernly the AIR and Precipitation South pulling Areas of Cold down again from Northernly Area but this is due to my limited Knowledge and off course we would also have a High and Low split across the UK so we will most likely have time to wait after the Zonal Jet

gfsnh-0-150.png

gfseuw-2-84.png

gfseuw-5-102.png

gfseuw-3-114.png

gfseuw-3-114.png

ECM1-120.gif

UW120-21.gif

gem-0-114.png

gemeuw-2-36.png

J108-21.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
5 minutes ago, Sheldon Cooper said:

Around the 4th/5th I imagine we'll get Cold Air keeping the Euro High at Bay and allowing Cold Air to stick in our South this would bring because it is the former Air from The Arctic Northernly the AIR and Precipitation South pulling Areas of Cold down again from Northernly Area but this is due to my limited Knowledge and off course we would also have a High and Low split across the UK so we will most likely have time to wait after the Zonal Jet

gfsnh-0-150.png

gfseuw-2-84.png

gfseuw-5-102.png

gfseuw-3-114.png

gfseuw-3-114.png

ECM1-120.gif

UW120-21.gif

gem-0-114.png

gemeuw-2-36.png

J108-21.gif

I actually don't understand what you're saying anyone else confused? Try again as far as I'm aware you've mentioned  northerly sourced air but to me there's more of a southerly sourced Easterly showing on these images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOWWWWWWWW
4 minutes ago, Kentspur said:

I actually don't understand what you're saying anyone else confused? Try again as far as I'm aware you've mentioned  northerly sourced air but to me there's more of a southerly sourced Easterly showing on these images

He does make me laugh 

Edited by Jackski4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
Just now, Kentspur said:

I was talking about now with the Northernly Airflow perhaps you'll see what I mean with a GIF, it's cut off from the rest and then becomes A Southernly Airflow

anim_xfg1.gif

4 minutes ago, Jackski4 said:

He does make me laugh 

What's the point

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
43 minutes ago, Sheldon Cooper said:

gfsnh-0-150.png

gfseuw-2-84.png

gfseuw-5-102.png

gfseuw-3-114.png

gfseuw-3-114.png

ECM1-120.gif

UW120-21.gif

gem-0-114.png

gemeuw-2-36.png

J108-21.gif

Welcome back Tamara.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
49 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Really hope there is no snow and ice next Tuesday as I have brief essential trip to Southwold. Don’t want to go but on this occasion needs must. 

I have a hospital appointment on Thursday, could be interesting getting there, going by patient transport again, not allowed to use public.

Posted

Looking at the front up north again, it does come through tomorrow, already occluded, do shouldn't raise temps to much, we'll see when it gets here though, I guess.

Posted

Pretty awful run from the ECM for the SE - Some brief patchy snow maybe next Thursday which is way out of the reliable and breaks down to rain from the west next weekend again a long way off but its just not liking our little patch.

North and Midlands do very well again though

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Pretty awful run from the ECM for the SE - Some brief patchy snow maybe next Thursday which is way out of the reliable and breaks down to rain from the west next weekend again a long way off but its just not liking our little patch.

North and Midlands do very well again though

??‍♂️ Patience wearing very thin right now...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

The rollercoaster has begun (in fact it begun a week or so ago) it's mainly troughs rather than peaks...at least today was cold the coldest since just before the Feb 2018 BFTE episode with frost persisting but noticed DP's above 0.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

We hit a maximum of 0.4 here in Locksbottom and now we are currently at -0.4(7.15).Good to get the ground colder and drier ready for the snow

Posted

Personally I’m not worried at all about lack of snow yet. The pattern is set cold so it’s only a matter of time . 1947 didn’t even get going until third week of January . So we’re way ahead here . 1962 only got snowy around Boxing Day . We almost had an ice day here so going well in my opinion 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
38 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Looking at the front up north again, it does come through tomorrow, already occluded, do shouldn't raise temps to much, we'll see when it gets here though, I guess.

What are we looking for?

Posted
Just now, D.V.R said:

What are we looking for?

The band that over the North now, moving slowly south, it's a warm front, but by the time it reaches us, it's occluded. Don't know if it'll even have any ppn left though.