Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOWWWWWWWW
9 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

The low is closing, check wind in SW, there's a small east wind starting in Cornwall.

Isn’t it supposed to shift slightly north too later on this evening? I could be wrong, just what I heard.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
8 minutes ago, Spraggyy said:

Got a screenshot or anything of this as I still think it looks as though it’s dropping into the channel 

image.thumb.png.89b25e98e8b583387ab2def1cab6e235.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted

Meto Website has my location (Woburn) bone dry for the next 7 days 

Looking at latest runs id sadly have to agree

Looking cold, dry and cloudy. Snowless which is a shame but thankfully we get a break from the past 3 months deluge of rain. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Hi all, hope you had a good Christmas...what it could be anyway!

Finally a bit of excitement to watch over the next few weeks, I was really hoping for a White Christmas or New Years Eve snow falling at Midnight whilst watching the Fireworks ☺️

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Kent Blizzard said:

Finally a bit of excitement to watch over the next few weeks, I was really hoping for a White Christmas or New Years Eve snow falling at Midnight whilst watching the Fireworks ☺️

Sadly that only happens in Films but a nice thought 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOWWWWWWWW

Some of the arrow are almost pointing up, especially the further east the system potentially gets. Does this mean the system could potentially track a bit further north? One to watch?

6D233BE8-60A7-434C-8FDB-7F7C4500CDAD.png

6 minutes ago, Jackski4 said:

Some of the arrow are almost pointing up, especially the further east the system potentially gets. Does this mean the system could potentially track a bit further north? One to watch?

Afternoon all! 

Quickly on the above.. no.. Those are surface based wind directions. @Paul Sherman will probably correct me but I think there are 4 or 5 layers of "steering" winds at different levels through our atmosphere..

Sometimes you see it where on the surface you have a southerly wind but the clouds are moving dead east. Thats because the steering winds are westerly while the surface winds are southerly.. 

In a sense I'm glad the system missed us. There was no chance it was going to fall as snow with the temps we have right now and it will only add to the pain of trying to cool down and get soil temps down. 

It's all well and good having snow fall but I feel its wasted watching it melt straight away.. 

Very frosty here this morning and was surprised to see the ice in the puddles in yard about half an inch thick!! 

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 4

Posted

Very disappointing to see that little feature dive into France and miss us completely .. never seem to go the other way !Agree with other posters hard to see what the next snow chance arises  ..as usual they  think its in the next 5-7 days in the Model thread .. so I will keep my eyes open .Media forecasts are playing snow chances down as well 

Posted

@Surrey 

Yh many levels to steering winds but your right we tend to use about 5 of them being the 850/700/600/500 and 200mb winds with regards to the weather

And yes on XCWeather those are surface wind vectors and not the direction the system is being steered

Posted
20 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Tier 4 - STAY AT HOME - do not buy fireworks - do not let off fireworks

• Like 1

Posted

Hi all

just seen the quote below from" froze were the days" 

"Just seen the Look East temperature projection for next Tuesday/Wednesday and 6c with north easterly winds!!! Sara Thornton said 'we lose the real cold air' (of tomorrow) - so if this is the case those SST's will be superfluous - really that high? Personally feel it will be a colder than that, we didn't reach 4c on Xmas day with near -5c 850 uppers"

I know the forecast was for the east of our area but the south east is the same and yet they are all saying on the mod thread the charts for next week will see very cold weather approach us with snow in certain lucky areas and even some experts in their tweets are saying the  same, or am I reading this all wrong and the bbc will be correct. I am totally confused. 

Posted

And no Kissing definately NO Kissing, breathing is allowed but only between the chimes on Big Ben which isnt working anyway - Haha 2021 shaping up to be a stunner lets hope the Snow cheers us up at least if thats not banned as well

• Like 4

Posted
3 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

And no Kissing definately NO Kissing, breathing is allowed but only between the chimes on Big Ben which isnt working anyway - Haha 2021 shaping up to be a stunner lets hope the Snow cheers us up at least if thats not banned as well

The snow will always do its best to socially distance from us in our part of the world.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
1 hour ago, chionomaniac said:

Two reasons for that, sheldon.

1. There isn’t a massive precipitation system, and

2. What there is, is not heading towards you.

Ojh, hard to tell when you look at a Radar for 3 seconds. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
10 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

I wasn't planning on breathing anyway. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Daniel* said:

She clearly doesn’t know what she’s talking about  

A40B3E52-9D18-4EB5-8D30-C41DE228726A.thumb.png.2fa18400f22cf27063f1bb33698ee05f.png48DC9085-B98E-4A67-96D3-B26B588B6F23.thumb.gif.bd11420e0fd53f46149061a5d95a981a.gif

That is the absolute bare minimum of what we’ll need. A real possibility of nasty, wet winteriness with that set up. She could be right... How soon can we get forecast DPs for the same period? 

2 minutes ago, PLANET THANET said:

Hi all

just seen the quote below from" froze were the days" 

"Just seen the Look East temperature projection for next Tuesday/Wednesday and 6c with north easterly winds!!! Sara Thornton said 'we lose the real cold air' (of tomorrow) - so if this is the case those SST's will be superfluous - really that high? Personally feel it will be a colder than that, we didn't reach 4c on Xmas day with near -5c 850 uppers"

I know the forecast was for the east of our area but the south east is the same and yet they are all saying on the mod thread the charts for next week will see very cold weather approach us with snow in certain lucky areas and even some experts in their tweets are saying the  same, or am I reading this all wrong and the bbc will be correct. I am totally confused. 

Hi Good Afternoon all

Hope everyone is well and safe been a frosty start in Walthamstow today but quite a bit of cloud floating around now. Some of the high level cloud is the source of that low pressure that is going to miss us.

The BBC have been up and down with their forecasts this week seems to change day by day. As I mentioned in my post yesterday a few days ago they were predicting quite a few snow showers to cross our region in time for new year, but that is no longer the case.Also I think what the programmed forecasts are streaming today is behind to what we are currently seeing in the models today so fingers crossed if the models are correct with this Easterly I would imagine the live forcasts will catch up with it in the next few days. So I would not worry about the BBC forecasts just yet unless they are seeing something different from their high resolution data that the models have not picked up, but to my understanding I think their live forecasts are behind the current models unless they update this evening.

Lets hope we do get these easterlies as I have always thought they are the best for our region. 

Hope everyone stays safe

kind regards

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Latest radar almost perfectly aligned to Ukv now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
4 minutes ago, pureasthedriven said:

That is the absolute bare minimum of what we’ll need. A real possibility of nasty, wet winteriness with that set up. She could be right... How soon can we get forecast DPs for the same period? 

Don't need them with this chart, you can see the green behind the blue, something is mixing out the cold on that chart, can't see where lines go, but I'd hazard a guess, they are SE rather than ne over the continent.

Posted
47 minutes ago, Jackski4 said:

No, stop torturing yourself 

• Like 3

Posted
12 minutes ago, pureasthedriven said:

spacer.png

Edited by Southender