Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
5 minutes ago, WxHerts said:

Based on current radar evolution I actually think there's a small chance that the ppn currently centred around Hants could pivot a separate band into the London area, the system also looks to overall be gaining in intensity.

Is it meant to reach us at all and fall as snow?  I prefer to ask here than to read the news.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

This is what I expect to happen

1st is the colour that is connected to the south band of showers 2nd one is lime sorry for any confusion, needs to stay around this temperature for sleet. 

+44 7423 588586 20201228_092132.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

It’s still on the cusp here! Farnham, Surrey Really white outside but the band is nearly on us! Temp has just gone to 1 now! Not sure about DP. I’m guessing sleety stuff will start soon and then rain. 

Still, no heating in our house this winter so maybe my longing for snow is misplaced! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

So sorry to all our fellow members who have lost their parents (or any loved one) this year ❤

Snow chances slim for today, after seeing it being cold enough for snow but forecast to be dry, I now have heavy rain forecast! But it's nice to know we have some more potential coming up and we weren't all hanging onto a passing marginal system today for this year's only chance!! January is looking quite loaded with potential - of course, as always it comes with many caveats and possible changes BUT this is one of the best positions we've been in for a while for the potential of reloads this month so let's at least appreciate that!!❄?xx

• Like 3

Posted
9 minutes ago, Alpine glow said:

Is it meant to reach us at all and fall as snow?  I prefer to ask here than to read the news.

Sleet most likely. 

Edited by Sheldon Cooper
  • Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, paget said:

It’s still on the cusp here! Farnham, Surrey Really white outside but the band is nearly on us! Temp has just gone to 1 now! Not sure about DP. I’m guessing sleety stuff will start soon and then rain. 

Still, no heating in our house this winter so maybe my longing for snow is misplaced! 

Would expect snow DP are good.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold
Just now, Daniel* said:

It’s starting to look very grey up there!! 

Posted

Many People have asked the Snow Chance over the Next Week or so. 

So I decided to compile the Charts with the Time frame or so. 

gfseu-0-6.thumb.png.a964e7e62ede5b3ab34cf4abfce41bc5.png

Now Of Course We've Got Today Arctic Air feeding through the same air that brought Snow at Midday to Manchester On Christmas Day and also more centralised over our region despite being a Bit Weaker we will most likely have tipping points bringing Snow to some regions if we have Precipitation which we most likely are. 

gfseu-0-90.thumb.png.553900072916a74f3f4b3230ad6e323f.png

New Year's eve will Also Bring Cold Air from Scandanavia as a connected Toppler meaning that Regions connected to the Coast will most likely see Snowfall like us. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

Good Morning all, No frost today in East Dene the temps on +1.5C. It was clear when i went up the wooden hill last night. But its gone grey and cloudy now. Feels like rain not far off. Time to put another log on the fire, its so nice having the cheery christmas decks up when its grey outside. Take care everyone and Im wishing you all the best of health.

Posted

Another warning for our region,  

h_lnxvxlqrdqb2kyrixw3lmmul7n-abrzjuzyvzd
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Met Office UK weather warnings for rain, snow, wind, fog and ice. Choose your location to keep up to date with local weather warnings.

Posted

Warning from Met Office reads.

The extent of any snow is very uncertain, but 2 to 5 cm could fall across a swathe of southern Wales, central and southern England, with a small chance of 10 to 15 cm settling in a few places, most likely on high ground above 200 metres. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Daniel* said:

In Farnborough, Hampshire just started pi**ing down with rain - very surprised. 

Posted

Had some brief wet snow just now in the heaviest of the precipitation.

So finally saw some local snow for the first time in nearly 2 years!

Now reverted back to rain again . I'd imagine the downs may have had a longer spell on snow, though not sure whether its settled up there or not. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, abruzzi spartan said:

Light rain looks not far away to our southwest.  Temperature has been slowly rising as has the dp.  The former is just over 2c now.  Will the altitude here in the Surrey Hills make much difference?  I'm not convinced.

Hey, welcome to the forum. It'll help us all a lot if you could put your location in your member details so we can all see where you're reporting from. It'll also save you lots of replies asking where you are.

• Like 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, Johnp said:

In Farnborough, Hampshire just started pi**ing down with rain - very surprised. 

Seems issue with dew point has crept up a fraction too high. Not to worry look at this Fax chart for midday Wednesday an Atlantic system moving SE into SW bumping into cold air - the met office have issued a snow & ice warning saying there’s potential for 2-5cm across a large swathe of south.

58E1748E-44AE-4BA4-915B-E5473965F5D7.thumb.jpeg.f98a03e35ca0469395f1c3335c670b63.jpeg.094EE493-C558-4B69-900A-AC49755A13D3.thumb.png.83a538429fe2d851324e1d851d5adce6.png8E677F94-766F-4741-BE8F-456DC3F0D0AE.thumb.jpeg.97cbed029ca33c9d74d5f10c219cbe01.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

Drizzle has started here in EastDene temps crept up to 2c. Looks like the cold artic frosty weather is being pushed away by a milder airstream. Cheers , nearly time for a tipple.

Posted
Just now, Great Plum said:

- yamkin / it’s been a while - any news on the Croydon gritters?

GP, Gritters are primed and ready to go

• Like 5

Posted

Met Office warning issued about 1 hour ago for Wednesday and now cancelled. That has to be a record?

Sorry, my error. It is still showing.

Edited by Hammer
Error
  • Like 1