Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow
2 hours ago, Daniel* said:

Quite a nice day in London chilly feeling but some nice welcome wintry sunshine. On another matter I have just released my winter forecast for 2020-21, feel free to check it out.  

file.png
WWW.THESNOWDREAMERWXBLOG.COM

Well here we are, again, meteorological winter is here, and increasing numbers of...

Hi Daniel-Just read your winter forecast and a very enjoyable read it was too.Utmost respect to you for putting this out there and you have explained your reasons in a clear concise way which people like me can understandI hope you are right and fwiw I tend to agree with you and think this year has a very different ‘feel’ to it than last 5 years or so(something I just mentioned on the Mod thread).

Well done and keep on posting

• Thanks 1

Just stopped at maidstone services just 18 mins from home

Was rather surprised to hefty remains of snow left on the banks ( probably shaded ) but very impressive considering it never really got below freezing & its there 2 days later

2FE7835B-D36E-428B-BBDD-BD2D2B872ADF.thumb.jpeg.655aecf0a76e4432f89a2891801de2e2.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted

Not been on here for a while... Hoping for a better winter this year fingers crossed! My old weather station finally died and I've taken the plunge and got myself a Davis Pro2... I'll finish mounting it tomorrow but I'm excited to get it up and running, looks a solid piece of kit

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Lots of rain today  but that’s about it unfortunately, had a brief hail shower around 8 this morning which is the highlight of the month So far however it has been cold compared to last year which is a bonus, at least it’s seasonal !

Posted

Surprise snow for some this morning? Conditions not bad at all north and west of London. This seems much more substantial than forecast my temp 2.8C and dew 1C despite thickening cloud temp dropping. With heavy precip incoming from east I’m slightly curious.

C2C7625C-345A-40EF-8A85-5DA777CA8224.thumb.jpeg.195c16d30dc3b1941e78a5dd0d413bc5.jpeg 

Posted
7 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Surprise snow for some this morning? Conditions not bad at all north and west of London. This seems much more substantial than forecast my temp 2.8C and dew 1C despite thickening cloud temp dropping. With heavy precip incoming from east I’m slightly curious.

C2C7625C-345A-40EF-8A85-5DA777CA8224.thumb.jpeg.195c16d30dc3b1941e78a5dd0d413bc5.jpeg 

Looks interesting, hasn’t reached here yet.

Posted
Just now, Laurence Hill said:

Looks interesting, hasn’t reached here yet.

The Estuary has really beefed it up torrential rain in SE Essex moving west to much more friendly conditions. 

0B5B3B9E-758B-4F00-9BF0-E8768C9AA156.thumb.png.8a961727e78d28a8a3c26a18a0e62de0.png

Posted
1 minute ago, Laurence Hill said:

By friendly do you mean potential winteriness.

Yes potential for snowfall. Dew points a bit on the high side for most of London so seems less likely, more likely in west London.

417C9A5A-C300-4763-ABEF-7FEB60D39CFD.thumb.png.15da0075b6e225eda805d9031490f565.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Yesterday was not too bad with some sunshine along with some banks of low cloud and a couple of rain showers.

This morning is clear and very frosty. So quite seasonal with a low of -2c here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Caught the sunrise from the bedroom window not the the best snap, however I recall something about red sky  , and shepherds in the morning foretelling incoming ? rain...

8DA7E212-3657-43C6-9B00-2AB632454B24.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, Daniel* said:

Yes potential for snowfall. Dew points a bit on the high side for most of London so seems less likely, more likely in west London.

417C9A5A-C300-4763-ABEF-7FEB60D39CFD.thumb.png.15da0075b6e225eda805d9031490f565.png

That picture is a good reflection of why it’s  grey and frost free on the coast this morning! 

Edited by bluebell
Typo

Posted

The weather has been super bizarre, or maybe i’m just not used to anything other then drizzle! 

Went to the shops last night around 9:30pm last night and there was extremely low cloud, i couldn’t quite call it fog as it wasn’t ground level. it completely shrouded the tops of lampposts and blocked buildings from view but visibility lower then maybe 7-8 metres was perfect. I then walked out the shop no more then five minutes later and it had come down, and i walked out into possibly the thickest fog ive seen in a long time.

Ive never seen fog roll in so extremely before, it’s like if i had waited outside a minute longer then I could’ve seen it come down and just hit the ground!

Then this morning, i woke up to a light rain shower even though it was -3.5c at the time here! Froze over some/most surfaces quickly  and it’s now deadly icy in the garden.. is that freezing rain?!

edit - I’m in Dereham, Norfolk not sure that’s updated on my profile 

Edited by Delka
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Currently 3.4 here in Locksbottom and light rain.Going to be another cold dank day and would guess we will top out at high 4s or low 5s.That looks like the sort of temps we will get this working week and possibly milder Friday and next weekend but a lot of uncertainty.In previous years I have found models give a good trend upto 168 hours.this year I feel  at a push at 144 but really t+ 120 and even then there is not a lot of consistency amongst models!!If you like cold then some of the really big technicians on the Mod thread are starting to feel positive that this COULD be the best winter in terms of cold and snow in 6 years.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
4 hours ago, Delka said:

The weather has been super bizarre, or maybe i’m just not used to anything other then drizzle! 

Went to the shops last night around 9:30pm last night and there was extremely low cloud, i couldn’t quite call it fog as it wasn’t ground level. it completely shrouded the tops of lampposts and blocked buildings from view but visibility lower then maybe 7-8 metres was perfect. I then walked out the shop no more then five minutes later and it had come down, and i walked out into possibly the thickest fog ive seen in a long time.

Ive never seen fog roll in so extremely before, it’s like if i had waited outside a minute longer then I could’ve seen it come down and just hit the ground!

Then this morning, i woke up to a light rain shower even though it was -3.5c at the time here! Froze over some/most surfaces quickly  and it’s now deadly icy in the garden.. is that freezing rain?!

edit - I’m in Dereham, Norfolk not sure that’s updated on my profile 

Yep that is freezing rain, dangerous stuff when prolonged, especially if it snows on top. Had that in Dover year before last. Freezing rain all morning snow in the afternoon, slippery isn't the word.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Shallow fog for most of the day here. Shallow enough for the sun to shine through overhead with very little wind. A proper crisp winters day.

Posted
1 minute ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Shallow fog for most of the day here. Shallow enough for the sun to shine through overhead with very little wind. A proper crisp winters day.

trouble is, its not enough sun to regenerate my solar sensor light above my front door  

just had a little walk around Plumstead Common and its certainly a really nice day for this time of year. cool, crisp, slight sun through the clouds and dry. Nice!   

Posted

A few in region namely in East Anglia have seen an ice day today very impressive for early December.

08CE40A9-E845-41CD-BC7F-15CC34C35194.thumb.png.027d62a5672b3aa62a1c2e174f1dafaa.png

Tomorrow looks very cold more widely across the region widespread dense freezing fog expected to develop Monday morning many of us could see coldest tmax temps since March 2018.

ARPEGE forecasting 0-1C maxes in capital! 

BCDC047E-4B12-467F-8DDD-1A55F5F1752E.thumb.jpeg.6d5df6086946798ca50ac52c0592a794.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely
47 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

A few in region namely in East Anglia have seen an ice day today very impressive for early December.

08CE40A9-E845-41CD-BC7F-15CC34C35194.thumb.png.027d62a5672b3aa62a1c2e174f1dafaa.png

Tomorrow looks very cold more widely across the region widespread dense freezing fog expected to develop Monday morning many of us could see coldest tmax temps since March 2018.

ARPEGE forecasting 0-1C maxes in capital! 

BCDC047E-4B12-467F-8DDD-1A55F5F1752E.thumb.jpeg.6d5df6086946798ca50ac52c0592a794.jpeg

Been only 2c here mid Norfolk with shallow fog all day...then you have idiots in the model forum clearly moved on from this and sulking because chop and changing charts for the next couple weeks...This is the coldest 1st week in December since 2010...all they want is 6foot snow,

• Like 2

Posted

What the heck has happened to my favourite weather presenter, Thomasz Schafernaker, seen on Countryfile his evening! He has gone all grunge, or even a bit Ed Shearen?! Must  say I prefer the more clean cut look. I know he is supposed to be a bit of a party boy, I heard him nearly spewing live on radio 4 whilst reading he weather, he claimed it was food poisoning however it was the morning after the staff works party..

Anyway weather wise today more sun than expected, no frost here, chilly and clear now.

63B4B6E3-EF65-497F-AD03-58989E7F7A13.jpeg

• Like 1