Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
9 minutes ago, Matty88 said:

Foggy but not especially so here this morning... seen worse ! Also temperature holding up around +2 over the fens so no frost either. Still... nice to see a bit of fog after what seems like years of wet and wild Nov/Dec's! 

Well we have it in London! Coldest night so far falling to 0.8C I would have seen an air frost if thick fog didn’t develop around midnight 1.2C currently not rising atm looks like a cold day.

64689B4A-B28E-4157-99F7-8D6934CEE4A2.thumb.jpeg.6275755cf8dd456df24586d2b8bde076.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

I got a lovely surprise this morning with the last remnants of fog and frost which must have been much denser earlier as I arose at 8 am.  There was not a fog weather warning issued by the Met Office for Essex but not for Thurrock.

• Like 1

Posted

Got rather excited when I realised the gritter was following me home last night!

-1.8 here around 5am (although outdoor thermometer is not very accurate). Lovely to see a proper frost.

What it does mean is that I can dig up my Jerusalem artichokes tomorrow at the allotment as they need a decent frost in order to sweeten.

I've signed up for a walking challenge thoughout December, which I'll have to do in the evenings...brrr. I'm now beginning to wonder what I'll need - thermals, headtorch, fog lights for people (do they exist?)....snow shoes????

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

MOD thread at the moment = it's going to snow...woohoo, now the models say no....doh, it's going to snow wooohoo, again the models have changed to no....doh

Posted
54 minutes ago, Team Squirrel said:

Got rather excited when I realised the gritter was following me home last night!

-1.8 here around 5am (although outdoor thermometer is not very accurate). Lovely to see a proper frost.

What it does mean is that I can dig up my Jerusalem artichokes tomorrow at the allotment as they need a decent frost in order to sweeten.

I've signed up for a walking challenge thoughout December, which I'll have to do in the evenings...brrr. I'm now beginning to wonder what I'll need - thermals, headtorch, fog lights for people (do they exist?)....snow shoes????

Find Jerusalem artichokes very wind producing.  As you will, I assume, be following Covid recommendations I expect you will have all your windows thrown open. So that might help if you are similarly affected. 

1464558821445.jpg
WWW.STUFF.CO.NZ

Jerusalem artichokes are delicious, nutritious - but often have an unfortunate...

Posted
1 hour ago, Snipper said:

Find Jerusalem artichokes very wind producing.  As you will, I assume, be following Covid recommendations I expect you will have all your windows thrown open. So that might help if you are similarly affected. 

We call them Fartichokes!!! I have found that if you make them into a soup (by just following a parnip soup recipe but swapping  parsnip out for artichokes) then, they don't make you windy. perhaps the fibers are broken down in the blending, I'm not sure.

This disappoints my partner though, he likes a good fart!!

Posted
4 hours ago, Katrine Basso said:

I got a lovely surprise this morning with the last remnants of fog and frost which must have been much denser earlier as I arose at 8 am.  There was not a fog weather warning issued by the Met Office for Essex but not for Thurrock.

Yes obviously God decided Thurrock should be included with Tier 1. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

No wind to report in Hadleigh.   But a chilly old day with a max of 6.6C. And as Murphy's law would have it, as the sun went down the cloud cover broke and gave a few rays of late sunshine.

1714039571_Cloud27Nov.thumb.jpg.4a2861588cb5629c79ac72eba2be9601.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Well tonight is weird, we do have a fog, not all that thick though, and wind which would normally help it not be foggy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Mornings are definitely getting colder, as are the nights.

Not the best time to move into a new house with a knackered boiler.

Posted

Fantastic day of warm sunshine here on the coast. We briefly hit 16.6 C at 13.00 - temp dropping away quickly now and currently at 8.4C.

Edited by Stroudley
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

I thought it was meant to get light during the day? Seems to have forgotten that fact here. And nature forgot to provide any weather too, with temps not moving (min 7C, max 8C) and no wind and no sunshine. Typical awful November day. Let's hope December brings some interest. :cold-emoji:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Nice chilly foggy start at 5.7c. Yesterday maxed at 10.1c here was around 7-9c for most of the day and was the first genuinely cold feeling day of the season so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Started foggy, and is still foggy so far, doesn't look like clearing. Was same yesterday but the fog was less noticeable, looked like summer haze, but with cloud. Yesterday was very constant between 6.6-6.8.

Today it is slightly cooler at 5.1 now, over night low was 4.9

Posted
On 29/11/2020 at 08:45, RJBingham said:

beeb forecasting sleet here Friday ?️ 

I was expecting 5c and morning sleet showers to disappear, but they've changed it to 4c and sleet showers all day. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
On 29/11/2020 at 11:16, Blazerblue said:

Snow, did someone say snow ❄️?

I was wondering whether the snow prospects have gone pear shaped by now like they usually do.

Posted
On 27/11/2020 at 11:34, Blessed Weather said:

Some wonderful pics of this morning's fog over Norfolk, taken by Chris Bell, Weatherquest, Norwich, using his drone.

2141098967_ChrisBell27Nov1.thumb.jpg.88fa33ba474101c04233594d9c0c298d.jpg1154970603_ChrisBell27Nov2.thumb.jpg.76605def4f04c4a24f2be4b4c36afea6.jpg1379291980_ChrisBell27Nov3.thumb.jpg.2af90699a555eb9be045cd7d193c534f.jpg

Source: Twitter @stormbell

On the third picture why is the fog so dense to the left? Some kind of water source there?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
2 hours ago, lassie23 said:

I was wondering whether the snow prospects have gone pear shaped by now like they usually do.

Too many people in the MAD thread getting carried away with charts at 7 days plus away and even then they're not showing anything particularly cold...anything non-Atlantic and it's party popper time, that's how much the bar has been lowered.

As to the here and now another dull benign day to no doubt add to the many this upcoming winter. 

• Thanks 2