Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow
3 hours ago, Steve Murr said:

Lovely day -

Cold start @1.5c

Maxed out 8.6c

Now a chilly 7c as the day draws to close- going to whip round with the lawnmower

492E2793-F35E-4973-96BA-991D1CD996F0.thumb.jpeg.279197660648472c103887b4323e277c.jpeg

Told you a few weeks back you would need another cut.Tbh that should be the final cut till Mid February but you never know in these uncertain times of GW.Has been a proper late Autumn day today with a slight frost this morning and then a pleasant few hours before the chill started coming back about 3.30.Tomorrow looks milder but the temperatures drop back to seasonal average as week progresses.Also looks like the SE won’t see too much rain which is a welcome relief.Let’s gear the ground colder and drier ready for the snow to arrive!!(ok being a bit optimistic on that one ).

cant believe it is 10 years nearly since that incredible cold spell of late November into December !Lived in Chelsfield then and we had 17inchs of lying snow which is the most I have seen in my lifetime!Happy Days.

Have a good week people

Stay safe

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Hotspur62 said:

Told you a few weeks back you would need another cut.Tbh that should be the final cut till Mid February but you never know in these uncertain times of GW.Has been a proper late Autumn day today with a slight frost this morning and then a pleasant few hours before the chill started coming back about 3.30.Tomorrow looks milder but the temperatures drop back to seasonal average as week progresses.Also looks like the SE won’t see too much rain which is a welcome relief.Let’s gear the ground colder and drier ready for the snow to arrive!!(ok being a bit optimistic on that one ).

cant believe it is 10 years nearly since that incredible cold spell of late November into December !Lived in Chelsfield then and we had 17inchs of lying snow which is the most I have seen in my lifetime!Happy Days.

Have a good week people

Stay safe

Final Cut hopefully

C582F907-BF1B-4EE2-AF72-D6BDA488D5EF.thumb.jpeg.93ad9fcf3f250dc7908c30ad6938fcd2.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL
15 hours ago, Hotspur62 said:

Have a good week people

Stay safe

I'm high up on the GSG, Chelsfield border - we can have lots of laying snow here and then half a mile down the bottom of the hill, nothing!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

Hope I find yourselves and your Families, well.

Hope Malcolm doesn't mind but I just want to post up notice of a Winter Weather predicting Competition, I've decided to "host"

You will find the Competition Thread in the Weather Discussion - Autumn Forum.

Before I forget I should apologise to LOTTIEKENT, as she was leading my Weather predicting Competition back in April, which I didn't manage to finish. I think I was distracted by my other Competitions and the unfolding Coronavirus Pandemic.

Below, was the situation after 2 Categories with just another 2, to run:

NW WEATHER PREDICTING COMPETITION

ENTRANT                          CAT.1     CAT.2      CAT.3     CAT.4      "V"/C TOTAL  

Lottiekent                          20.00                                         X                 20.00

Daniel                                    5.00                                         X                   5.00

John Stevens                       5.00                                          X                  5.00

Kirkcaldy Weather            5.00                                          X                  5.00

CheesepuffScott                   X                                          2.50               2.50

As you can see, Lottie had a decent lead and should be considered the moral Winner.

All S.E/East Anglia Members are welcome to enter.

Please indicate your intention by posting on the NETWEATHER WINTER WEATHER COMPETITION Thread, over on the Autumn Thread of the Weather Discussion Forum.

You have until 9 PM on Monday, November 30th.

Thank you.

Regards,

Tom.  

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Good to see everyone pretty much still on here, having read back a few pages. Let’s hope we get a repeat of 10 years ago as I’m sure we’re due one.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, Blazerblue said:

Was expecting a frost this morning, but it was not to be, cold but not cold enough ☹️

We are still close to that front that went over yesterday, cloud hanging on. It'll probably clear for over night frost tonight though.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Easy to see where the clear skies are currently. ❄️

A chilly 4°C here but no fog yet.

chilly26112020.thumb.png.251c13c9816984ea42688ae18a5216ab.png

Edited by Stabilo19

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Heavy fog here now. +2.5C. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings
26 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

Easy to see where the clear skies are currently. ❄️

A chilly 4°C here but no fog yet.

chilly26112020.thumb.png.251c13c9816984ea42688ae18a5216ab.png

-40C in Ely. Brrrrrr.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

The feel of today felt very different to last couple weeks which on the whole have been mild to very mild.I sense a change is coming and we will see a gradual drop in temperatures over the next 7 days to more seasonal temperatures to slightly below average.Looking at the Mod thread I feel a sense of excitement building maybe not to December 2010 levels but to the possibility of some of that white stuff falling out the sky!With Xmas less than a month away and with decorations going up in quite a few peoples homes it really would be and feel more Christmassy if the weather got in the act as well.Wonder what the odds of a white Xmas are in London?Must be 6 or 7/1.Might have a little wager on it !

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Fog getting quite thick and temp down to 1.3C at 22.00. I wonder if it will be freezing fog by morning, with everything white and pretty from a coating of rime?

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Fog rolling in here from the NE, getting thicker by the minute. Hope it sticks around all day tomorrow! ?️

Edited by Stabilo19
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
22 hours ago, Blazerblue said:

Was expecting a frost this morning, but it was not to be, cold but not cold enough ☹️

Well there's a proper frost this morning! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Disappointed of Hadleigh. Fog not so thick this morning and by the look of the very dull, grey sky, has already lifted into low cloud. Min of -1.2C with only a light frost on lawn and roofs.

Posted
12 hours ago, Daniel* said:

ECM showing very dense fog developing overnight affecting much of region especially East Anglia, could be problematic. 

1805002D-CCD7-4AA4-ABE2-4C0701E0D76A.thumb.png.fa22c7dc692dad449151bb1fbfcf22d3.png

Foggy but not especially so here this morning... seen worse ! Also temperature holding up around +2 over the fens so no frost either. Still... nice to see a bit of fog after what seems like years of wet and wild Nov/Dec's! 

• Like 2