Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, bluebell said:

Same here beautiful blue sky and warm spring like sunshine . Beats me why folk are so down about the outlook, yes it’s above average temps, but I’d rather this than endless wind and rain. I know it’s not cold however we have December to March for that brand of weather to emerge....

Exactly, Bluebell... If it ain't cold and snowy, unbroken sunshine and 15C must come in a very close second!

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

It's been out here, since the mist cleared, MP... The LBC forecast said that Northern Scotty would have the best of the weather, today... Ergo, I cannae imagine what it's like up there!

MetOffice are sticking to their guns on their forecast, light cloud until 1pm then heavier clouds for the rest of the day! Although saying that the sun is becoming (very slowly) more hazy. I'm planning to pop out for my Sunday run in an hour or so, so wouldn't mind a little cloud cover 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Did a 7 mile walk in the Norfolk countryside today was like spring day at 16c....very mild week to come and for the foreseeable...,model forum crying as they always do....chasing cold ( its bloody early November ) as I say every year haven't they heard of climate change ? ...just look at Finland last couple of years..they are having a very mild late Autumn too... Even across the pond temps up to the low 20s on the east coast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Other than an hour of light drizzle it’s been very eerily quiet and benign today not even a breathe of wind and dull throughout. A high of 15.5c actually felt warm with no wind whatsoever.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Very foggy here, can barely see down the road.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Absolutely pelting it down here in Locksbottom although it looks like the band of showers has nearly passed through here now.It was lovely earlier and I was working in a t shirt earlier this Arvo when the temperature was around 16 degrees.Looks mainly dry during daylight hours this week although there could be some rain overnight(don’t mind that) on Wednesday night.Temperatures for the south east look 12-14 degrees for next 5 days so at least the heating won’t be coming on this week so will save a few Bob

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Steady rain here...wouldn't it be good to talk about something else other than rain or how mild it is? I suppose the last couple of days or so have been fairly sunny (here).

Edited by Froze were the Days

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow
On 08/11/2020 at 14:13, Steve Murr said:

Last cut of the year. 5 hours & 6 bags of leaves & grass later.

ED3329EE-D446-484C-8C5A-61DB4BC8919F.thumb.jpeg.2a58cb33fee39925caee9a200a86447c.jpeg

The way the next 10-12 days are looking the grass will continue to grow and even though I cut my lawn yesterday I know I will be cutting it again in 2 weeks,possibly 3 weeks.As well as the grass,still lots of leaves still to drop,especially oak trees that have barely started to drop!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
19 minutes ago, Hotspur62 said:

The way the next 10-12 days are looking the grass will continue to grow and even though I cut my lawn yesterday I know I will be cutting it again in 2 weeks,possibly 3 weeks.As well as the grass,still lots of leaves still to drop,especially oak trees that have barely started to drop!!

Indeed our small plot out the back needs mowing enough to bale up some hay at this rate! Roll on the double digit minus temps !

Posted

Raining quite heavily here on the coast, and the wind is picking up now. The squall line hasn't arrived yet...

Edited by Stroudley
typo
  • Like 1

Posted

Yuk day, rain, rain and more rain to come. And weirdly a lightening symbol for 6am tomorrow has appeared on the beeb app! Can anybody say if that’s at all likely or has the app been on the whiskey?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Still waiting for this rain that's been forecast all day. Annoyingly put off going for a walk because of it, but could have gone now.

It feels surprisingly warm.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Yes, another very mild day @Lauren. It was 15C here at lunchtime. The rain kept going to our East but was moving NE with no westward movement so never reached us, although I guess others in the line of fire had quite a wet day.

Radar 13.40: 876582961_Radar14Nov13_40.thumb.jpg.dc8bcf50e4bbe1f9b8e10793759919b5.jpg

Looks like our Region sees a very wet and windy spell early tomorrow (Sun) morning as some very intense pulses of heavy rain move through.
@Blazerblue I think the chance of a rumble during one of the heavier rain bursts is possible, but very very low imo. None of the high res models are suggesting much in the way of instability tomorrow morning.

Here's how Hirlam sees it at 10.00 Sunday morning:

Wet: 476089513_HirlamPrecip15Nov10_00.thumb.png.ef68bbe77cc629977af1bef4bea7a938.png  and windy: 1824618298_HirlamGusts15Nov10_00.thumb.png.b0e2bc22b342a5b61edae2db92350a51.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
18 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Yes, another very mild day @Lauren. It was 15C here at lunchtime. The rain kept going to our East but was moving NE with no westward movement so never reached us, although I guess others in the line of fire had quite a wet day.

Radar 13.40: 876582961_Radar14Nov13_40.thumb.jpg.dc8bcf50e4bbe1f9b8e10793759919b5.jpg

Looks like our Region sees a very wet and windy spell early tomorrow (Sun) morning as some very intense pulses of heavy rain move through.
@Blazerblue I think the chance of a rumble during one of the heavier rain bursts is possible, but very very low imo. None of the high res models are suggesting much in the way of instability tomorrow morning.

Here's how Hirlam sees it at 10.00 Sunday morning:

Wet: 476089513_HirlamPrecip15Nov10_00.thumb.png.ef68bbe77cc629977af1bef4bea7a938.png  and windy: 1824618298_HirlamGusts15Nov10_00.thumb.png.b0e2bc22b342a5b61edae2db92350a51.png

That shows quite a punch of 60 mph winds up through Surrey’s and into Sw London would have thought that warranted a weather warning ⚠️! ?

Posted
1 hour ago, Badgers01 said:

That shows quite a punch of 60 mph winds up through Surrey’s and into Sw London would have thought that warranted a weather warning ⚠️! ?

Maybe the Met Office's own high res models haven't got the winds as quite so potent? But they certainly have a warning out for the heavy rain in the morning:

281738837_Weatherwarning15Nov.thumb.jpg.693c0de1ff3b039f44419e80544927a8.jpg

Source: https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/warnings-and-advice/uk-warnings#?date=2020-11-15&id=ba0bbd0e-2c88-442f-88c6-0fab78822fb5

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
7 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

Maybe the Met Office's own high res models haven't got the winds as quite so potent? But they certainly have a warning out for the heavy rain in the morning:

281738837_Weatherwarning15Nov.thumb.jpg.693c0de1ff3b039f44419e80544927a8.jpg

Source: https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/warnings-and-advice/uk-warnings#?date=2020-11-15&id=ba0bbd0e-2c88-442f-88c6-0fab78822fb5

I had a high of sixty today gust wise.

We'll see what the morning brings.

• Like 2

Posted

Wow! That is quite some area of heavy rain moving in, and with that intensity there's going to be some local flooding issues I suspect.
#SoggySunday  ?️?️

762639329_Radar15Nov07_05.thumb.jpg.78a9d41d266317ec5534c6ead43e398c.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

Woken by rain on the window, but that looks like it was just the warm up to what’s coming! 
Nice sunrise though..

BD3102BB-2ACB-4F67-8031-B14DD66C927C.jpeg

DF42096E-6060-4A52-BE77-5FD8B807F7F7.jpeg

Edited by lottiekent
Added radar
  • Like 3

Posted

Managed to get a 30 minute window of no rain for the morning woofer walk, more luck than judgement, looks like a wall of water heading directly for us, already heavy with some gusty winds. Settle in for a day indoors, Turkish GP to watch, that’s my morning sorted ?

• Like 2