Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
6 hours ago, General Cluster said:

Indeed WG... Yesterday sums up all the things I despise about autumn: it was cold enough to be irritating, windy enough to be irritating and, yes, wet enough to be irritating...

I don't like this time of the year. It is a time of seasonal decline and the weather is so often very unsettled.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Just had a little rumble followed by a flickr of all the lights! Not had one of those in a while.
Love the autumn leaves against this grey sky heading towards me.

Edited by moogyboobles
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Alas, most of the lightning activity that was taking place on the trough as it moved east out of Wales died out before reaching us a couple of hours later. Nevertheless still an impressive line of showers over the Region this afternoon and just about to reach me.

13.50 221252778_Radar28Oct13_50.thumb.jpg.c5b06ef142c1d9b4f9afb5afad3c522b.jpg 15.50 1786376800_Radar28Oct15_50.thumb.jpg.e0d76dd05e5697031bb13e3b36b63965.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Yes that squally shower yesterday was crazy! Sunny blue skies turned very suddenly to dark, high winds and rain being blown across almost horizontally!!! Roll on next week for some calmer, sunnier, drier, chillier weather!!!xx

• Like 2

Posted

I’ve never known such diabolical weather down here I’ve been coming here since I was a baby (East Sussex coast), relentless wind and downpours and longer spells of rain huge mini lakes in fields. So incredibly dull as well - depressing. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

The dreary weather looks set to continue today, although at least it will be very mild outside. The warm front going through yesterday has at least left us in a warm sector of above average temps. Overnight here was remarkable, with the temperature graph line going up and hitting 15.1C at 04.03:

2036717041_HadleighOvernightTemp30Oct.thumb.jpg.c1362ceea03f80091fa520c860302fde.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
9 hours ago, Daniel* said:

I’ve never known such diabolical weather down here I’ve been coming here since I was a baby (East Sussex coast), relentless wind and downpours and longer spells of rain huge mini lakes in fields. So incredibly dull as well - depressing. 

With the greatest respect mate, its October, just normal autumnal weather. More to come ovet the weekend though very mild. 

16c in the capital now with drizzly rain. 

I imagine you were taken to Sussex as a baby and didn't travel on your own?

Posted
2 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

The dreary weather looks set to continue today, although at least it will be very mild outside. The warm front going through yesterday has at least left us in a warm sector of above average temps. Overnight here was remarkable, with the temperature graph line going up and hitting 15.1C at 04.03:

2036717041_HadleighOvernightTemp30Oct.thumb.jpg.c1362ceea03f80091fa520c860302fde.jpg

At least it’s not raining for once this week.  I had a min of 14.2C exceptionally mild.

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, Wimbledon88 said:

With the greatest respect mate, its October, just normal autumnal weather. More to come ovet the weekend though very mild. 

16c in the capital now with drizzly rain. 

I imagine you were taken to Sussex as a baby and didn't travel on your own?

With greatest respect you’re completely wrong. You must have no idea of what’s normal I’ve had 273% of October average rainfall and we have had 50% of normal sun. October isn’t usually this wet and dull.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Yep agree with Daniel above, typical GW Autumnal weather has set in and no doubt through the Winter...tons of rain and even when it's not raining there's no sun. Got my supply of Vitamin D today.

Heard yesterday that this month up to the 25th was London's wettest ever in 150 years with around 135mm, so dry here with 110mm

Edited by Froze were the Days
  • Like 3

Posted
3 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

Yep agree with Daniel above, typical GW Autumnal weather has set in and no doubt through the Winter...tons of rain and even when it's not raining there's no sun. Got my supply of Vitamin D today.

Heard yesterday that this month up to the 25th was London's wettest ever in 150 years with around 135mm, so dry here with 110mm

Heathrow on 134.8mm while SJP (central) on 156mm. I’ve had a little bit more than that 167.7mm never known anything like this. In May I recorded only 1.9mm! Very strange year.

• Like 2

Posted

I wonder if we can get one final top up before this dismal month is through?...a belt of rain marching into the midlands at present.

Posted

Looks like the month is going to end how it began i.e. disgusting!...steadily raining.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Now today's rain is done, unless some showers show up, I have 226.2mm for the month. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
32 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Now today's rain is done, unless some showers show up, I have 226.2mm for the month. 

Wow

Posted
1 hour ago, alexisj9 said:

Really!?!...how accurate is your rainfall gauge?, that seems a mahoosive amount. I'm in one of the driest areas in the UK on the East coast of Essex and had approximately 115mm give or take.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

I’ve been back in the Czech Republic for a few days, the weather here has certainly been no better than in the UK. Dismal! It just won’t stop chucking it down, there’s been no sunshine and often quite gusty winds. Been often like that for weeks. Everyone is sick of it.

Otherwise, hope everyone is well lol Happy Halloween  

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 2

Posted
37 minutes ago, Stroudley said:

171mm here on the Sussex coast. That's the wettest month for us since December 2012...

Unbelievable I’ve beat you, I’ve finished with 174mm I got 6.5mm today from earlier heavy rain. I see ~550mm in an average year (Greenwich) my location is very dry I can’t put it into words how insane this is. I might not see a month like this again in my lifetime.

2B97D07A-0117-469F-8B33-32EA0D167720.thumb.jpeg.29d117a3405c6f0fa5991a95317c4436.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

My november at a glance forecast

Top temperature 16oc above average

Rain above average

Low pressure takes hold for most of week 1 whilst in week 2 it brings a lot of cloud but a bit less rain by week 3 the rain settles in and by week 4 the rain is on and off with a few flakes of snow posssible. 

Low tempreature-2oc

1st to 8th

High 16.8oc

Low 6.8oc

Rain average

7th to 15th

High 13oc

Low 6oc

rain average

15th to 22nd

High 11oc

Low 2oc

Rain above average

22nd to 30th

High 10oc

Low - 2oc

Rain above average

Snow slightly above average for last 5years but below overall.