Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
3 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

and here...my puppy has been eating half of them on his walk!

wish i had a puppy  

RIP Khan

DB2468D3-0168-400C-8BED-BD5A005E0878_1_201_a.jpeg

Edited by MAF

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

As a youngster at around this time of year and i do recall many more daddy long legs and drunk wasps, as my mother would call them, than we do today, also iv'e not seen any earwigs for ages, is this just another sign of our changing climate,?  although to be fair i do not actively go looking for them anymore.!! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
On 20/09/2020 at 22:20, stainesbloke said:

Lovely day here again, what a beautiful September it’s turning out to be! Shame about me testing positive for coronavirus on Friday, I guess completely losing my sense of taste and smell was a sign. Feel ok but absolutely knackered. 

On 22/09/2020 at 14:25, stainesbloke said:

Hope you’re all well? Losing taste and smell has been so weird! And annoying lol, as I love my food/drink. It’s been a total loss for 5 days, but today I can smell/taste ‘hints’ of things. So hopefully it’s getting better, I’ve heard that this symptom can last a month or more, though. 

Has anyone heard any news from stainesbloke since he tested positive for CV-19 back on the 18th September? I've not seen him post since the 22nd which is a long period of forum inactivity for him. I really hope everything is OK. 

Posted
9 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

Has anyone heard any news from stainesbloke since he tested positive for CV-19 back on the 18th September? I've not seen him post since the 22nd which is a long period of forum inactivity for him. I really hope everything is OK. 

He last visited the site on 11 October.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Today has been better, some sunshine and a little warmer thanks to a southwesterly wind.

Posted
1 hour ago, Crepuscular Ray said:

He last visited the site on 11 October.

Missed that. Encouraging news. Thanks CR.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

1st post for a while , it’s been a beautiful day today and the 1st time I’ve really been able to enjoy the garden of the new property me and the wife have moved in to . Hoping for more of the same tomorrow.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

What up with low pressure systems this year, moving south to North, instead of west to east over us. Feels weird, although if it keeps doing similar in winter, could be an interesting year. 

• Like 1

Posted

Looking like Storm Barbara (named by Spanish Met) will give our Region a soaking this Weds 21st as it arrives over the UK. Forecasts suggest up to an inch (25mm) of rain for some, with local flooding a possibility. Some charts grabbed from ITV News this evening (Tues) and the GFS forecast for rainfall totals:

943724932_StormBarbararain121Oct.thumb.jpg.950d4e22eb086f7ff87ebc8477da5acf.jpg1410751545_StormBarbararainwarning21Oct.thumb.jpg.75712761ecae72814570b734ab45a0da.jpg225209656_GFScumrainfall21Oct.thumb.GIF.0d5d9ae48bbad41aaa352e0c7103d79a.GIF

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Another fog less October .......oh dear, I guess winter is over alreadyunless.........

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A very gloomy start with rain on and off. Looks like around 10-20mm of rain by the end of today. Consider this one a write off type of day.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Hi!  Sorry to worry you, thank you for asking  I am ok, thank you. I have a few lingering Covid symptoms (I still have virtually no taste or smell and get bouts of extreme fatigue) but this week has seen a marked improvement as I have completed my TEFL course and managed to get some much needed rest! Am flying to Heathrow this evening as I have some work exams and training to do, I will be in the Heathrow area until Tuesday next week. The weather there isn’t looking so great today lol  

How are you doing? I hope that you are well and keeping safe? Sending best wishes to everyone, too Keep dry today 

Great to hear from you and I'm very pleased you are on the mend. Sounds like it was an unpleasant experience. In this Region we're doing better than many other parts of the UK, but like in the Czech Republic and most of Europe, it's an ongoing struggle to keep cases down to manageable levels. Roll on a vaccine so we can start getting life back to normal. Mind you, at least you should have immunity for the time being and not have to worry.

Have a good flight into London and enjoy your stay. At least the rain should have stopped when you get here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
5 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

Great to hear from you and I'm very pleased you are on the mend. Sounds like it was an unpleasant experience. In this Region we're doing better than many other parts of the UK, but like in the Czech Republic and most of Europe, it's an ongoing struggle to keep cases down to manageable levels. Roll on a vaccine so we can start getting life back to normal. Mind you, at least you should have immunity for the time being and not have to worry.

Have a good flight into London and enjoy your stay. At least the rain should have stopped when you get here.

Thank you About to fly, the captain is warning us of ‘foul’ weather on arrival lol, surprise surprise.

Covid has been a weird one for me. I only felt ‘ill’ (like I had a bad cold) for about 4 days. Had a fever on and off but it all cleared up pretty quickly. Then my taste and smell completely disappeared and it hasn’t really come back, it’s been like that for 4 weeks now. I did struggle with the bouts of severe tiredness but that’s improving now and I was doing a TEFL course at the time (which was super intense!!). I never had a cough, just a few wheezy moments. Oh, and my toes went purple for 24 hours. Most strange.

Hoping that all is well with you and your family and thank you again, for your concern ❤️

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

If anyone is worried about Covid, please take Vitamin C supplements daily. Also Vitamin D(3) is very important. I’ve also been taking garlic and cod liver oil supplements daily. One of my friends is a nurse and recommended these steps, apparently vitamins C & E are proving to be very effective in reducing the severity and longevity of Covid

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
25 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

If anyone is worried about Covid, please take Vitamin C supplements daily. Also Vitamin D(3) is very important. I’ve also been taking garlic and cod liver oil supplements daily. One of my friends is a nurse and recommended these steps, apparently vitamins C & E are proving to be very effective in reducing the severity and longevity of Covid

Sorry to hear that you had COVID, are you immune now? What doses of Vitamin C and D 3 are you on

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Sorry to hear that you had COVID, are you immune now? What doses of Vitamin C and D 3 are you on

Thanks Lassie, I was probably bound to get it at some point but am ok ?? Should be immune for 3 months or so but I guess I could catch another variant at some point. Just taking 750mg of Vit C and a regular Vit D(3) capsule daily. I do eat a lot of fruit and vegetables anyway and don’t smoke so probably don’t need much extra Vit C

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

A much better day with good sunny spells after the early showers cleared. Not much cheer in the short to medium term. Some wind and rain, generally mild.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

Taking a photo of this wonderful cloud formation and was then going to take a photo of the beautiful sunset, however, somehow managed to get this reflection (so got both in one photo)!

image.thumb.png.adba89f6cde813ce7a950a11e19df054.png

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Absolutely hammering down here from a rogue shower...and topping the rainfall figure up. Has to be around 90mm approximately here with over a week left of this month!

Posted

After the early rain cleared it's not been too bad a day with plenty of sunny spells. Temp even reached the dizzy height of 16.5C this afternoon. Some of the skies were lovely this afternoon with the low sun at 16.00 highlighting the cumulus clouds:

1748576118_Cloud23Oct.thumb.jpg.29e27d22f246a1cdb404c2719947bcd3.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Some interesting weather coming along for later today as a vigorous cold front sweeps through this evening bringing a short, sharp spell of squally rain. Could be wind gusts of around 90kmh (50mph) as the front passes and it won't be just our Region that the front impacts, with the squall line extending down through Brittany, Normandy and even the north of Spain.

Fax chart: 828033598_FaxChart25Oct00_00.thumb.gif.fe7e41ec68a20d25ef1c56983aa854ae.gif

Arome Precip 22.00 Europe: 456829772_AromePrecip24Oct22.00Euroview.thumb.png.722ce3d53a7e4a7dacccfd74822d6702.png UK zoom: 536431259_AromePrecip24Oct22_00.thumb.png.d7931c8f102d63736a7fe80a692e291e.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Met office automated forecast has 59mph wind gusts for 21:00, might have to head down to the seafront if that comes off!