Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

What a miserable, gloomy day. Temp stuck at 10C for the last few hours now, no wind and the light rain and drizzle over my area is pepping up. Later on the frontal rain that moved out into the N. Sea overnight (which has also pepped up) is expected to do an about turn and come back in. Oh well, better tomorrow.

Rainfall 03.15: 305722335_Radar13Oct03_15.thumb.jpg.6882f91fde1ebfcd35f4a3a72bce1404.jpg 09.25: 839660655_Radar13Oct09_25.thumb.jpg.98b7e4b84ade973e79534b2a7b2c0791.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Turning brighter here as the frontal cloud drifts away a little. Though the forecast suggests this won’t be for long.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Another complete balls up forecast today! That rain was meant to stay in the North Sea and not come into the South East until later. Instead it's come all the way in and messed up my plans of day out in the fields 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Look how wrong it was!

no.jpg

rain.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
1 hour ago, Neilsouth said:

Look how wrong it was!

no.jpg

rain.jpg

True!...I was thinking the same thing when I watched the 1.30pm lunchtime weather today. Rule of thumb never put too much trust in positioning of rainfall graphics particularly when it's not Atlantic oriented.

Fairly abhorrent out there today and cold, not at all surprised how it's gone from dry to wet in a week or so. Approximately 75mm of rain here so far this month.

Edited by Froze were the Days
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
5 hours ago, Neilsouth said:

Another complete balls up forecast today! That rain was meant to stay in the North Sea and not come into the South East until later. Instead it's come all the way in and messed up my plans of day out in the fields 

balls up again ay, dry here until around 1pm, but that other lot was meant to move down the NW and into Wales, but no, hit here again

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Crikey oh O'reilly, that law of choas is a pain the bum sometimes. North Norfolk forecast for last week was supposed to be terrible, yet we had a much better week than forecast with some good spells of sunshine especially on the wednesday. After 45 years of weather watching it never seems to amaze me how often our learned friends and there super computers get it wrong in such a short time scale, well, i suppose thats the law of chaos for you.

Edited by thunderpants

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Just a miserable day today in Locksbottom.only hit a maximum of 10.3 today and that was about 10.30 in the early hint of brightness that quickly descended into dark skies and steady persistent rain from late morning which is still falling as I type.most of the afternoon the temperature was between 8.5-9 degrees, a good 4-5 degrees below the average for this time of year!.Next 3-5 days look cool but hopefully mainly dry and after that far too much uncertainty to make a definitive call-atm best guess would be slightly milder but more unsettled for this part of the world.

• Like 1

Posted

Miserable day  rain  most  of the day  here  in ipswich

Posted

Unbelievable a further 11mm much more than I anticipated, it was mostly drizzle that soaked everything but also heavier bursts from Thames/Estuary,  also came earlier, and now on 125mm in 13 days that is nuts. Had maximum of 10.2°C the coolest in a very long time. 

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Clear at the moment with the crescent moon and venus looking splended together.

• Like 1

Posted

Netwx Extra hi res radar rainfall totals for yesterday (Tues 13th) showing the soggy weather in the SE corner:

726358935_RainfallradartotalsTues13Oct.thumb.png.75c6da376f53437fd020eceab3b9e161.png

Anyone else looking at recent synoptics and thinking 'if only' all this weather was happening a bit later into winter? Wow, we would have had some good snowfall totals. Today is another example, with a cold NE'ly airstream blowing heavy showers in off the North Sea and setting up 'streamers'. As a snow lover I hope recent synoptics aren't replaced with a zonal westerly pattern as we move into winter.

Euro4 Weds: nice Thames streamer: 436304852_Euro4cumrainfallWed14Oct.thumb.png.11c23c9dafdfed2d09c080915c27e803.png

Edited by Blessed Weather
Tweek.
  • Like 4

Posted
25 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Netwx Extra hi res radar rainfall totals for yesterday (Tues 13th) showing the soggy weather in the SE corner:

726358935_RainfallradartotalsTues13Oct.thumb.png.75c6da376f53437fd020eceab3b9e161.png

Anyone else looking at recent synoptics and thinking 'if only' all this weather was happening a bit later into winter? Wow, we would have had some good snowfall totals. Today is another example, with a cold NE'ly airstream blowing heavy showers in off the North Sea and setting up 'streamers'. As a snow lover I hope recent synoptics aren't replaced with a zonal westerly pattern as we move into winter.

Euro4 Weds: nice Thames streamer: 436304852_Euro4cumrainfallWed14Oct.thumb.png.11c23c9dafdfed2d09c080915c27e803.png

Always! Ended up with over 30mm of rain again yesterday,  A good snow dumping if only it was a good 2 months later!

• Like 1

Posted

Hello looking for advice

does anyone know the likely theme of the weather on November 4th 

Trying to organise an outdoor party of 6 for my girls 

cold and dry is fine 

but if it appears a wave of wetness is on the cards it’ll help me decide against! 

it’ll be TN26 area (kent/East Sussex border)

Edited by Blessed Weather
Location added

Posted
48 minutes ago, Sarahgreatchart said:

Hello looking for advice

does anyone know the likely theme of the weather on November 4th 

(Snipped)

Hi Sarah,
Welcome to Netweather and the SE weather forum. I'm afraid it's too far out to be able to forecast what the weather will be doing on Nov 4th. We have access to some of the best forecasting models available, such as the USA Global Forecasting System (GFS), but at best these computer models only forecast rainfall out to 384 hours or 16 days (and at that range forecasts are subject to enormous chops and changes). So looking at today's GFS run we can only see a forecast out to 30th October, as I've highlighted in the example below. We can usually get a better feel for weather type at 10 days out, but really need to wait until 5 or 6 days out to start gaining better confidence. And even then, confidence in the accuracy of a rainfall forecast for a particular postcode at a particular time of day would be fairly low.

But please come back nearer the time and one of us will do our best to give you a forecast. :oldsmile:

183394801_GFSexamplechart.thumb.jpg.b7e92fc2f5f92fbc98a08cf85b2263aa.jpg

Chart link: https://www.netweather.tv/secure/cgi-bin/premium.pl?action=gfs;sess=3948fe7295e70c45eac289ff60b2f3fa

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Just had another torrential rain shower from off the North Sea... If the precip's like this in October, what might it do, come December... with uppers of -11C!

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, General Cluster said:

Just had another torrential rain shower from off the North Sea... If the precip's like this in October, what might it do, come December... with uppers of -11C!

I know this is tongue in cheek  I wonder how many days we will see in the entire upcoming winter with Precipitation coming from that direction? my bet is now many.

Posted

Gone very dark and very windy all of a sudden here, with some very heavy rain thrown in, would not be suprised to see a flash of lightning.

Posted

Absolutely hammering down here with some hail, and the rainfall total keeps going up!

Posted
42 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

Absolutely hammering down here with some hail, and the rainfall total keeps going up!

Bingo, imagine if this October was during a bitterly cold January, it would have been snowiest period ever. 

Posted

Not sure about that Daniel*, 1963 springs to mind, my inlaws got married in Feb 63 and was filmed in 8mm film showing huge snow drifts around the village and church, i know most of the snow fell on boxing day but lasted for some into march, also 47 was epic.