Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

26.4mm since 11pm Thursday. Even though it feels as though it’s been virtually non-stop rain, we’ve got off lightly compared to a lot of areas in this regional thread. Hope everyone is okay. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Just started raining heavily here in Locksbottom but those 15 miles West of me look like they will receive a lot of rain in next few hours.As others have said if this had been early December this thread would have gone into meltdown with copious amounts of snow ❄️!!

Posted

42.2mm of rain here today! That's a record for my station since it started running in 2003. On top of 35.3mm on Friday. 

Still hammering it down. Could be looking at over 100mm from this storm by tomorrow night!

Posted

Just had a flash of lightning and a rumble out to the west! Wasn’t expecting that...only 16mm here today. Looking at places to the west of here looks like we got off lightly.

Total 1st October to date = 81.79mm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Relentless rain here with a blustery wind, current temp of 7,3c.

Posted

Well it’s wet and it’s raining. Feel like I’ve been saying that for over 10 days. Bored of it now. Any chance of some cold sunny days coming?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Lashing it down here and only 7.8 degrees and wind got up now so feels even colder.think a roast and a red wine day today

• Like 2

Posted

water all over the  place

Posted

looking  like it could be a very wet day

Screenshot_2020-10-04 Rain Alarm(1).png

Edited by tinybill
poor down load
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Morning fellow south easterners and anglians, rain seems to be the order again today, thankfully there's an abundance of live football  on today, and I have a large plate of lasagna, courtesy of my mum and dad, for dinner. Normally I'd be round there for sunday lunch, but this crappy, no more than 6 allowed in a house, even though I can go to a restaurant with complete strangers, rule has put paid to that. Have a good day peeps

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.
On 02/10/2020 at 07:54, SenlacJack said:

Winds really started picking up here in the Hastings area around 3-4am this morning, accompanied by some hefty downpours. I'll be heading down to Rock-a-Nore later for high tide just after midday.

Some footage taken at high tide, not the worst I've seen in that spot in recent years:

Recorded rainfall so far from nearby Herstmonceux : October 1st-10.8mm, 2nd- 20.6mm, 3rd- 29.8mm, 4th- 7.0 mm up to 8am. Total so far this month 68.2mm compared to an average for the whole month of 71.3mm. A dry spell would be welcome.

• Like 4

Posted

82mm here since the 1st with plenty more to come and just a paltry yellow warning - Shocker Meto Shocker

Posted
8 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

82mm here since the 1st with plenty more to come and just a paltry yellow warning - Shocker Meto Shocker

Snap again 82.3mm unreal rain never seen so many continuous hours of it. And no there has been no rain warning throughout some how despite areas to west of London approaching or exceeding 100mm.

357380A1-ABB2-4036-B344-9B236012328A.thumb.png.05c7a1239b183bf37575604e06bc748a.png

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

Yes another 30mm on top of the 60mm that fell before brief dry spell yesterday here in wgc and still raining. 90 mm total a record for my garden over last few days. Does seem strange only yellow warning though.

Edited by minus10
Correction. Not even a yellow warning over our area for today..
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I can't complain today so far, we are not in the main rain band here in Dover so far today. Although we are getting some drizzle, some dry intervals and also a heavy shower went through a little while ago. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

the amount of rain to quintiple the average this monthat this rate it probably will much colder than average a good winter this year maybe a proper european snow storm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

For the record, Met Office weather summary charts for September 2020 (anomalies v 1981-2010 average):

Rainfall: 700425817_Sept2020rainfallanom.thumb.png.5415341b0ea08f3632449c518c0d6496.png Sunshine: 344922306_Sept2020sunshineanom.thumb.png.381f2290086b22d781cc449f375aebbb.png Daily mean temp: 187686926_Sept2020dailymeantempanom.thumb.png.d825632702146fb68465208454a258b2.png

Source: https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/research/climate/maps-and-data/uk-actual-and-anomaly-maps

And the headlines for the East courtesy of Weatherquest:

1751502823_Sept2020EastWeatherquest.thumb.jpg.0e2951d477883e6226996a0405cea3d6.jpg

• Rainfall exactly average (100%) overall, although some notable variances with Houghton Hall (W Norfolk) the wettest location with 129mm but just 15mm at Writtle (Essex)
  • Sunniest September since 2012 (124%)
  • Warmer than average (+0.5°C)

Source: Twitter @danholley_

Posted

The sun is actually making an appearance at the moment here, not sure for how long though. I think the front is moving a bit closer. 

• Like 1

Posted

Heavy rain. Temp 10.1C.................Part of the lower roof started leaking. Brought a tin of roof sealant yesterday and applied to affected area. Hope this coating does the trick!

Posted

It's now raining here. I think it's from the front, but could be showers that built on its south side in the sun. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A grey day here with constant drizzle for hours on end. Not great.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Just arrived in snettisham North Norfolk from a soaking wet hertfordshire, and it,s dry...just!!