Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

36.3mm of rain here in the 24 hour period from midnight to midnight and already had 29.49mm on Thursday 1st. That’s almost the October average in the first two days of the month!

We’ve had another 4.1mm in the last 25mm since midnight! 
Edit: why does this never happen in the winter?! Perfect Channel low set up...would’ve been so much snow ?

Edited by lottiekent
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Another very wet and gusty start for many in our region, lots of surface water hiding pot holes, so take extra care if you're out riding/driving.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Here's yesterday's (Fri) rainfall totals for the Region as calculated by the Netweather Extra hi res radar. Most areas to the south seeing at least an inch (25mm) of rain, but very little for most of East Anglia with my location seeing only 5.3mm according to my gauge.

Fri: 1239709206_RainfallradartotalsFri02Oct.thumb.png.febea89d127511b8eb8ff7d9dd20a0bc.png

And as for today (Sat) the heaviest rainfall looking to stay just to the west of the Region according to the Arome model. Nevertheless, a soggy morning in prospect before the rain band clears off to the NW this afternoon.

Cum rainfall: 136916976_AromeAccRainfallSat03Oct.thumb.png.2ddfa47bf9ab18dc8b18d0a50017e33a.png Rain cleared thru 17.00: 1661998898_AromeprecipSat03Oct17_00.thumb.png.e3607358de62a5a7d4258f05092d267e.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

It’s not been a great 24 hours, still the rain hasn’t been too heavy and we have also missed the worst of the wind.

Still a generally grim weekend weather wise on the cards.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

61mm Here since Midnight Thursday 1st - Thames Estuary doing its thang

Snap Paul got that exact total here in SE London. Incredible rain, never known anything like it. It’s been continuous here for over 24 hours now.

B9097941-FF53-4EE5-BE50-4D867473C7FA.thumb.png.9acea78bbaf5fb53043a6ad8616c7726.png

Posted
12 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Snap Paul got that exact total here in SE London. Incredible rain, never known anything like it. It’s been continuous here for over 24 hours now.

B9097941-FF53-4EE5-BE50-4D867473C7FA.thumb.png.9acea78bbaf5fb53043a6ad8616c7726.png

Amazing isnt it mate

October Average for us is 59mm and thats been smashed in 2 and a half days 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Amazing isnt it mate

October Average for us is 59mm and thats been smashed in 2 and a half days 

In my case 61mm since 6am Friday (yesterday) so that’s only 27 hours the Greenwich October average is 61.1mm. I don’t have any events comparable to this. I’m trying not to imagine if it was cold enough.

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
8 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

In my case 61mm since 6am Friday (yesterday) so that’s only 27 hours the Greenwich October average is 61.1mm. I don’t have any events comparable to this. I’m trying not to imagine if it was cold enough.

Think it equates to 18 Inches of Snow - Aaaaaaaaaaaaargh

Posted
1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

Think it equates to 18 Inches of Snow - Aaaaaaaaaaaaargh

Well if it’s dry snow it would be over 20 inches easy! The track of low very unusual of that seems most ideal not getting north enough to bring mild sector to far south but fronts have extended considerably north. 

We want this again in January please!! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

56 mm and counting here in herts. Never seen my rain gauge so full!

• Like 1

Posted

Front hanging on in the SE far longer than last nights Met office forecast predicted, I was a little shocked when they said today would be sunny and showery in the SE, never thought that looked hugely realistic apart from perhaps the very far SE as the fronts back edge looks fairly thin cloud wise. This is probably almost as far west as the main band will go. The eastern portion of the front may wel ebb and wane until the main band swings back eastwards as the LP pulls away over N.France and takes the front east over our neck of the woods again.

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

About 2mm of rain here not much very on and off and a lot of you have been saying about wind not bery windy here am i just lucky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

It's dry here has been since the drizzle cleared off a few hours ago. Looks like the sun is even trying, no wind about. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

A strange bright orb has just appeared in the sky, could this be the sun?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
4 minutes ago, thunderpants said:

A strange bright orb has just appeared in the sky, could this be the sun?

It can't be

Can it

It is

Edited by Xanderp009
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Been bright here for a good hour and a half but the rain comes back big time tonight with possibly an inch of rain from 10pm tonight till 10am tomorrow! If that happens we would have exceeded the monthly October average and it is only the 4th tomorrow !,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Is there meant to be showers moving in, got some nice looking clouds coming in from the south. 

• Like 1

Posted

The radar is looking interesting at the moment alexisj9.

50 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Is there meant to be showers moving in, got some nice looking clouds coming in from the south. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Just looking at the radar and I don't think I've ever seen the UK bathed in rainfall from top to bottom as at the moment, currently (today) the south east has been relatively dry. Sign of the times...glum season in full swing!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

Its amazing how that area of orange/red on the radar has expanded explosively to the west of London in last 30 to 40 minutes

Posted

Had just over 50mm since 11pm thursday so far and much more to come looks like we will probably have between 90-110mm altogether by the time it clears away tomorrow afternoon or evening. 

Took a few pictures and videos of a stream nearby earlier i suspect it will look a lot more active tomorrow. 

IMG_20201003_165634.thumb.jpg.13f8b16abc276e30b7207855c3537cd6.jpg

IMG_20201003_170028.thumb.jpg.656d695fdd83f6b7e804d588f474d4a1.jpg

IMG_20201003_165832.thumb.jpg.b3ce79a6785d403648df33acbf099cd5.jpg

Edited by jordan smith

Flooding west of London will certainly be an issue tomorrow daytime - with another 5-6cm of rain to fall...

Imagine how we felt then remember that parts of texas got 32 inches (81cm) of rain last year as a hurricane stalled out...

• Like 2