Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

just seen  storm alex  is on its way storm surge  high  winds,looks like it could  be  fun  fri sat

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Moon and dramatic clouds here at TN36! Picture a bit crap but you can get the idea! FABC248D-8F03-4720-AA21-120DBE80D1A3.thumb.jpeg.08c443b657dbaefdcfe43aa49eba5be6.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Got a moderate shower here, but before that we had a similar sky, and my son was looking at the moon with his telescope. 

Posted

After a damp evening, there is a lovely Moon out there now. If it's clear this time tomorrow evening, there should be a lovely Moon/Mars conjunction.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
7 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Got a moderate shower here, but before that we had a similar sky, and my son was looking at the moon with his telescope. 

Ooh I’d love to have a telescope although I’d probably struggle to set it up I’m not very technically minded, they look quite complicated to operate..!

• Like 1

Posted
49 minutes ago, leedsnowfan said:

80mph gusts now in Biscay... hold on...its October?? Interesting night incoming??

Still calm here, but the sky looks like something is coming, if you know what I mean. I'm glad I'm not in the sw. 

Posted

OK it's starting nothing special yet, but the wind has swung around to the se and is gusting in the thirties. 

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Winds really started picking up here in the Hastings area around 3-4am this morning, accompanied by some hefty downpours. I'll be heading down to Rock-a-Nore later for high tide just after midday.

• Like 1

Posted

It's windy where I am, but having done the school run, it's rather benign in most of Dover Town. Didn't even get blown about on the down. Just one spot just after starting down the other side. I live roughly on that spot on the next hill along. 

Posted

I just can not help but think what this would have been like if it had happened during January or Feb,wonder if it would have resulted in a dumping of snow? I remember years ago during the eighties cant remember what year exactly, but a front come up from France and it produced heavy snow for southern England.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Heavy rain with some strong winds this morning, horrible driving conditions on the M1 and yet many people still driving way to fast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Dreadful weather, moderate to heavy rain here for some considerable time, not much wind though and 13.3c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
4 hours ago, Nimitz42 said:

I just can not help but think what this would have been like if it had happened during January or Feb,wonder if it would have resulted in a dumping of snow?

I don't think so (biggest risk in these set ups in winter with LP just to the south rather than heading north east to our east on the continent) would have been towards Wales and the South West for wintryness, here in the south east probably too much mixing of milder air coming up from the continent as cyclonic in nature but would probably still be pretty cold...guess work though.

Ideally you need cold continental anticyclonic air in place with  low pressure pushing into it for a snow making machine.

Edited by Froze were the Days
  • Like 1

Posted
6 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

The wind has gotten stronger since my last post, is there a peak time? 

Turns out wind peaked here when I asked this, there is now very little wind but heavier rain. Must be in a wave. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Still wet and breezy here with a top temp so far today of 10.8c.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Been one of the worst days weather wise for a good few months here in Locksbottom.Temperature only deviated from 9.2-12.3 all day and it is raining very heavily here as I type with a lot more to come in the next 6-8 hours.Hopefully some improvement here from late morning tomorrow!!

• Like 3