IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

Hope you are all well and Virus free.

Quote - ALEXISJ9

"I know what you mean with the faux cold stuff, had it right through summer and now on and off. Don't know if it's just my age now, I do hope it's nothing to do with the hang on of a virus though.." 

My Wife seems a bit better again this Morning, and was well enough to Yesterday Evening's meal.

Re. your comments Alexis, I just wonder if the initial nasty Virus that my Wife and myself both had back in           late Feb/early March, was indeed CV. Perhaps some Antibodies were created by our Immune Systems and these "half hearted" attempts from CV to reinfect, are our Immune Systems via these Antibodies, repelling CV through recognition? 

I'm certainly no Virologist but it's just a thought? 

I'm due to have my annual Flu Jab next Saturday, and that's certainly helped in the last couple of Winters. 

After experiencing a near fatal Haemorrhagic Stroke 5 Years ago and reaching 65, it's vitally important for me to avoid these nasty Viruses. Of course this Season's Jab, won't include an anti Covid-19 Vaccine but I'm derermined to have it done.

Another Autumnal Morning, here in S.E. London. Although not quite as chilly, as Yesterday Morning:

image.thumb.png.216fa1b2b0d88b9fd1a6ab9c939dbdc3.png

If the 00z European Models have called it right, could be a very unsettled Samedi/Dimanche, up and coming:

ECM SAT. 3rd OCT. (t144)                   UKMO SAT. 3rd OCT. (t144)                

image.thumb.png.4971ef450ff4bfd46c4c08766e08c181.pngimage.thumb.png.7c539d9f9721fc8a1cf776a528a30946.png

ECM SUN. 4th OCT.(t168)

image.thumb.png.c838861310507672e7af3e3358f902e2.png

Of course, the forecast Synoptics could change over the next few Days but certainly something to keep an eye on.

I may well get blown to the Flu Jab Clinic, and very wet. 

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Certainly gone from Summer to late Autumn quickly in the region, we'll probably find that this period feels colder than at Xmas.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
7 hours ago, Blazerblue said:

Another miserable wet day here, started dry and windy and now its drizzle in the wind, blurgh  

We've gone from horrible humid weather straight into what feels like Winter outside! Why can't we have winter... IN WINTER 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Nice and sunny again, warm feeling in the sun ☀️ right in the middle of 2 bands of cloud 

34F441BB-0317-45A9-BADE-2C10C4937AF4.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Not been a bad day here so far and feeling warmish in the sun, at least we've lost that chilly wind here for the time being, it's now starting to cloud over with the temp at 14.5c.

Posted

The appearance of blue between the grey clouds is slowly happening and the drizzle has finally cleared  

Edit. We have sunshine :clap:

Edited by Blazerblue
Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Finally the sun re-appeared this afternoon and with the temp reaching 18.4C with virtually no breeze it felt really pleasant. A couple more picks from last weekend and the result of the gales on the Norfolk coast. Hopefully not another repeat this coming weekend, but it certainly doesn't look like great weather.

355367259_Walcott26Sept.thumb.jpg.1396642b53448a10f6a5d1c854257216.jpg  1783347318_Walcott226Sept.thumb.jpg.5095bec3533589f4694f7536dcff97b7.jpg

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-54324144

• Like 8

Posted

it  dont  look nice very stormy ahead  if the models are right

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Good grief, rain again. My September total has almost beaten the total for April-June combined. 

One partial day of sunshine since last Thursday. I may go into hibernation early unless October gives us some decent weather. 

• Like 1

Posted

Another dull drizzle fest again this morning, why won’t it bog off!? Most of the week looks abysmal.

we have a couple of large ponds in the fields close by, which have been bone dry since May. Walking past yesterday both are full again, so we’ve definitely had some large totals of rain since Thursday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

A muggy start here with some light rain, otherwise a decent day with a top temp of 15.4c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Blue skies and a max of 19.3c so not bad, last day this warm for a while I think...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Interesting contrast in the region today, it was quite pleasant in the sunshine here on the south coast but up in Riseley North Beds and Newton Blossomville where my family live, they report it felt very chilly at 14 degrees and drizzly rain, there was even talk of having the first ‘burn up’ of the season, certainly no plans to light the log burner this end, needs to drop to single figures really. However it is nice to have it lit up and all cosy with a glass of mulled wine gazing at the flames ...! 

• Like 2

Posted

I had a lovely afternoon out in the garden in Hailsham weeding. Not that I am fond of weeding, but it was a lovely afternoon.

• Like 2

Posted

Met office super computer struggling with the position of this incoming low at the moment,#Law of chaos!!,  regardless my crystal ball say's it's going to be wet and windy in our region in the very near future, mind you it does need some new batteries. 

Posted

its going  to  get very soggy  its not looking  very  nice at all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Can't remember the last time we had hours of heavy rain like this. Nothing better than lying in bed listening to it.

• Like 3

Posted

Morning

I was woken early hours by torrential rain which eased off, but woken to it still raining - we’ve had just over an inch of rain since midnight and a total of 34.6mm since it started at 7.30pm!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Seeing as we're in October now

1st to 8th

heavy rain showers a lot of the time

Rain above average

Highs of 17oc

9th to 16th 

Rain showers and cloud

Rain above average

Highs of 15oc

night time temperatures above average

17th to 24th

highs of 14oc

Rain and cloud

Night time temperatures above average

Rain average

25th to 31st

Highs of 12oc

Rainy throught but towards the end of the week clearing,  cooling

Night time temperatures above normal to below normal

Lows of -3oc

Rain above average

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Had an interesting school run this morning, a tree had fallen over night, blocking an alyway we use, so had to walk round. Got a little late. Didn't think it was that windy last night. Must have slept through the worst of it. 

Posted
4 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

Had an interesting school run this morning, a tree had fallen over night, blocking an alyway we use, so had to walk round. Got a little late. Didn't think it was that windy last night. Must have slept through the worst of it. 

it was very windy wehere i was

Posted
Just now, Xanderp009 said:

it was very windy wehere i was

i couldn't get to sleep