Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Nothing spectacular here only 23.5c with now milky skies, it’s the high humidity making it feel warmer. Tomorrow should be warmer here.

Edited by Freeze

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Max here in the Boxmoor/Hemel today is 27.7c which is just a wee bit higher than yesterday's 27.5.c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

26.8c here on the Riviera, not a breath of wind either but no doubt that will change in a few days time (just like the Spring period which had constant quiet/breezy periods without little rain).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny, freezing cold and snowy!!

Glorious day here in Bexhill. 25.5c

6A56558F-49DD-461B-BE02-7BD13AD8F106.jpeg

0A2DB945-159C-4FBE-988A-458FA50B02E0.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Thats the last of the hot temps this year boys and girls,so bring on autumn/winter, lovely jubbly. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
3 hours ago, thunderpants said:

Thats the last of the hot temps this year boys and girls,so bring on autumn/winter, lovely jubbly. 

Have you got a crystal ball?...I wouldn't rule it out the way this year has been going. We had 29c on the 1st October 2011.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A high of 27C, really surprising that being a few miles further north could make such a difference as Cambridge hit 30C and even at work in Huntington it was 29C.

A lovely couple of days with light winds still.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

My weather station recorded today’s high as 30C at bottom of garden overlooking open ground, while I sat glued to computer in east facing home office feeling chilly and putting a cardigan on :oldrolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather

Sitting in the garden having a cold one, i swear I saw lightning to the south in the dark sky. Only 1 beer....

Beautiful evening - could be July. 

Edited by all weather

Posted
9 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

Have you got a crystal ball?...I wouldn't rule it out the way this year has been going. We had 29c on the 1st October 2011.

Just going by the mets latest long range forecast, which shows little sign of any hot weather returning soon, however there could be some warmer interludes into October they suggest, but with the law of caos affecting the weather, not even my crystal ball or the mets super computer can be a 100% accurate all the time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
On 13/09/2020 at 00:47, Daniel* said:

Hope you had a lovely birthday Tom... it was mine last Friday virgos are arguably the best  

Weather not been doing whole lot, I have been taken back by how dry it has been and with no rain looking likely anytime soon shaping up to an exceptionally dry month. Recent days have been very nice and pleasant can’t ask for much more, but ah some heat to come in next few days. I never thought I’d be using my AC unit again so soon! It’s a sure sign of changing season that the nights aren’t really looking warm.

Much thanks to Daniel and chrisbell, in the previous Post for their Birthday wishes. 

I'm at the age now Guys, when I don't like to be reminded of them.

Morning all,

I hope you are all well and in much better shape than I was, on this exact Date/Day, 5 Years ago.

It was at this time that my Daughter and her Boyfriend found me unconscious and unresponsive, on the floor of their Lounge, on the Border of Chislehurst and Elmstead Woods, N.W.Kent/S.E.London Border.

I'd been extremely unwell during the Night with what I thought was food poisoning but it transpired that I'd suffered a Haemorrhagic Stroke.

I won't bore you with the story again, I explained that in great detail on my Birthday, 8 Days ago.

By this time, I was being rushed off to Bromley's, PRU Hospital.

I was quickly transferred to King's College Hospital (much mentioned  during the current Pandemic), and underwent emergency Brain Surgery, administered by a brilliant Brain Surgeon, ironically also by the name of Tom.

After nigh on 5 Months, eventually returned Home to my Wife, here in Lee.

I've already mentioned how important I believe the role of Netweather has been on my long Road, to recovery.

Also, that of my Wife Colette, who has been by my side, at every stage of my rehabilitation from my Stroke.

Well it was a very uncomfortable Night here in S.E.London. Hardly surprising with an Overnight Minimum of around 20c and an equally oppressive Dew Point figure of around 15c.

Hopefully, that will be the last one, until next Summer now!!

But hey, at least I was conscious to feel uncomfortable, infinitely better than being in a Coma. 

I hope you all have a great Day. I certainly intend to do so!!

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

So the "cheeky" forecast of 31C in Kent by Arpege was in fact spot on, with Manston reaching the forecast.

1010526498_MetOfftweet15Sept20.thumb.jpg.769c814bf08e96a1fabe26b0eedbaa2f.jpg

Source: Twitter @metoffice

Some of the Region's other top temps (stats courtesy of Weatherquest):

EAST: Warmest September day since 2016 - today's max temps...
30.1C Cavendish
30.0C Writtle
29.9C Andrewsfield
29.8C Brooms Barn + Cambridge NIAB
29.4C Santon Downham
29.1C Woburn
29.0C High Beach
28.6C Charsfield, Monks Wood + Wattisham

152169844_Easttemps15Sept20.thumb.jpg.b9fe36ca81208f5c86e44f4f6aa63214.jpg

Source:Twitter @danholley_

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

well today is very dull and boring, overcast skies with a bit of a breeze. Please bring back yesterday 

Posted

Very pleasant and warm here at the moment but a few degrees cooler than yesterday, with clear skies and a current temp of 24.2c, also feels less humid, outside any way.

• Like 2

Posted

This is a fantastic spell of weather we’re having same time last year, 26C and it would not be out of place in midsummer lovely sitting out in. Looks to continue on for at least more 7 days.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Hope everyone's ok? Sadly the temperatures have plummeted here in North Norfolk. Dropped by about 10degs from yesterday. Had a lightish shower for about 15 mins this morning then mostly grey with a chilly north east wind.

Here's a few pics I took yesterday when we were out on the boat in a balmy 25C, not quite as warm as Monday which reached 28C

Looks like it's going to be sunny for the next 5 or 6 days but still cooler with that that damn north east wind.

20200914_114301.jpg

20200915_170352.jpg

Edited by Darkcloud
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
6 hours ago, Daniel* said:

This is a fantastic spell of weather we’re having same time last year, 26C and it would not be out of place in midsummer lovely sitting out in. Looks to continue on for at least more 7 days.  

It was nice and sunny, but very windy down here most of the day, and now. 

Posted

Beautiful sunset when we went on an evening walk in Cookham after work. Even though the drive home was only 20 minutes, it was quite a shock to the system to be making tea in the dark! Really appreaciating these sunny days - the early morning mist is amazing at the moment. (September mist index?)

We've decided the time has come to leave Wycombe. Looking for an up-and-coming small town within 5 miles of the south coat - any suggestions???

Posted

Well it's a touch on the windy side here, but otherwise a lovely day with clear skies and a current temp of 20.4c.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Nice sunny day and cooler. I hope we don't get locked down during the winter months by COVID19. Locked down by blizzards sounds more appealing.

• Like 2

Posted

Well at least it looks like some lively weather on the way from mid next week onwards. Been really nice this last few days, cool too, but time for a change. 

I have a good feeling about this winter weatherwise. Bearing in mind most folk dont like snowy frigid weather ( apart from most of us on here) i can see it being a brutal winter. It will just be another problem for the government to try to deal with and mess up. 

There's no scientific basis to my projection whatsoever. Just a hunch.

• Like 2