Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

Happy Birthday Tom you share the day with my Dad who is 84 today.  Hope you have a great day. 

Reading your post I thought I would look back and see how long I have been a member on here and I joined in December 2004.  Time has flown past.  And I don't seem to have learned as much as I should have lol. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Very muggy here and 22.3c at the moment, hopefully it should be a bit fresher tomorrow. On the earthquake front my wifes keyboard juddered a bit here in Boxmoor but thought nothing of it, my oldest son is a Police Officer and lives in Leighton Buzzard but he's on nights at the moment so knowing him he probably slept through it!!  i'll find out later.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

This summer and onwards has been such a struggle, so much humidity! Like today for example, it was rather humid but atleast the sun wasn't out making it feel worse... atleast until now   For the last 4 hours the sun has been out and I'm suffering 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
5 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

Morning all,

I hope you are all well, and your Families are Virus free.

Well it's great to be alive on the occasion of my 65th Birthday.

I hope it's ok with Malcolm but I just want to pen down my thoughts of what this Day means to me, along with my Fifteen+ Year association, with Netweather.

(Snipped to save space)

On the special occasion of your 65th Birthday how could I possible say 'no' Tom. :oldsmile:

Congratulations to you - I hope you're having a lovely day.

Certainly a lovely day here and even the cumulus bubbling up this afternoon has not stopped the temperature hitting 25C just now. Me and Mrs Blessed are going to take advantage and have an early bite to eat in the beer garden of my local. Washed down with some Adnams Southwold of course. It could be a long winter ahead, so as far as I'm concerned it's a case of savouring up these lovely autumn days.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Well that was a muggy old day, 23.7c recorded here but felt much warmer than that in the humidity, on a different note my son did get woken up by that 3.3 mag earthquake in Leighton Buzzard.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
7 hours ago, Snow Queen one said:

Happy Birthday Tom you share the day with my Dad who is 84 today.  Hope you have a great day. 

Reading your post I thought I would look back and see how long I have been a member on here and I joined in December 2004.  Time has flown past.  And I don't seem to have learned as much as I should have lol. 

Hi SQ1,

Lots of Birthday wishes, to your Father too.

I remember you from my Days as TomSE20 (Anerley, S.E.London), and the ill fated, Snow Depth Cup.

Thanks to all Member's kind Birthday wishes, above.

Yes SQ1, time certainly has flown past and been unkind to Yours Truly.

Back in the late 1970's and early 80's, a previous Girlfriend and my first Wife, thought I resembled -

image.thumb.png.e0996d40c15d17e0f86b4b6987f201fd.png Oliver Tobias. image.thumb.png.0bfc77c18b12c96ecb784e6164a85aea.png Bryan Ferry

and George Best - image.png.273385e2d9ebad7988c1208ef2b1a4ca.png 

But of course, I was an infinitely better Actor/Singer/Footballer, than the three of them.

Rather cruelly, my current Wife thinks I now resemble -

image.png.8099d468e5931de236518a43f5530919.png Oliver Reed 

iimage.thumb.png.1f03467a6c656a51940b8ef0a628d130.pngthe Woolwich Ferry

image.png.7d8e5a0e1c829a641ef315a553f2ec24.png George Melly

image.thumb.png.1d4abc7733629f6d78cb3e5ae194161a.png 

and the Piltdown Man( Although he has infinitely more hair than me!!). 

You can't beat a bit of self deprecation, on your Birthday!!

Got up from my "old fogies" Afternoon Nap, to the smell and sight of this:

image.thumb.png.ffefc0516bdd0734699939330793a2d9.png

My Wife's delicious looking, Birthday Carrot Cake.

Please don't put 65 candles on it, Colette!!

Come and join me in a piece of "Virtual" Birthday Cake.

It will be straight back on my Diet, after the next couple of Days. 

As with quite a few of my Birthdays, I've been blessed with superb Weather Today. 

Regards,

Tom and ColetteSE12. :hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Happy Birthday Tom.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
34 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Hi SQ1,

Lots of Birthday wishes, to your Father too.

I remember you from my Days as TomSE20 (Anerley, S.E.London), and the ill fated, Snow Depth Cup.

Thanks to all Member's kind Birthday wishes, above.

Yes SQ1, time certainly has flown past and been unkind to Yours Truly.

Back in the late 1970's and early 80's, a previous Girlfriend and my first Wife, thought I resembled -

image.thumb.png.e0996d40c15d17e0f86b4b6987f201fd.png Oliver Tobias. image.thumb.png.0bfc77c18b12c96ecb784e6164a85aea.png Bryan Ferry

and George Best - image.png.273385e2d9ebad7988c1208ef2b1a4ca.png 

But of course, I was an infinitely better Actor/Singer/Footballer, than the three of them.

Rather cruelly, my current Wife thinks I now resemble -

image.png.8099d468e5931de236518a43f5530919.png Oliver Reed 

iimage.thumb.png.1f03467a6c656a51940b8ef0a628d130.pngthe Woolwich Ferry

image.png.7d8e5a0e1c829a641ef315a553f2ec24.png George Melly

image.thumb.png.1d4abc7733629f6d78cb3e5ae194161a.png 

and the Piltdown Man( Although he has infinitely more hair than me!!). 

You can't beat a bit of self deprecation, on your Birthday!!

Got up from my "old fogies" Afternoon Nap, to the smell and sight of this:

image.thumb.png.ffefc0516bdd0734699939330793a2d9.png

My Wife's delicious looking, Birthday Carrot Cake.

Please don't put 65 candles on it, Colette!!

Come and join me in a piece of "Virtual" Birthday Cake.

It will be straight back on my Diet, after the next couple of Days. 

As with quite a few of my Birthdays, I've been blessed with superb Weather Today. 

Regards,

Tom and ColetteSE12. :hi:

Happy Birthday, Tom... or should I say, Arthur of The Britonsimage.thumb.png.e0996d40c15d17e0f86b4b69:oldgood:

Any way, today was a real stonker: 24C and plenty of sunshine!

But, on a more somber note... I'm sorry to hear of the death of your beloved cat, @lassie23. Sorry it's taken me so long to respond, but I watched the light go out of my own cat's eyes (after she was run over by a car) way back in 1971! 

There are some things we can never forget... My commiserations, mate!:oldsad:

• Like 3

Posted

Much thanks to Dami and G,C., for their Birthday wishes.

Well it was a much nicer Birthday, than the one I experienced for my 17th, back in 1972.

My Birthday was the first Day back at Secondary School.

It had been a mostly dry Summer but just before our Games lesson (Football), the Heavens opened.

Our Football Pitch had a very pronounced slope on it, worse than Yeovil Towns'.

Surface water was lying everywhere, on the Pitch.

Yours Truly went for a ball but fell awkwardly, putting all my weight on my right ankle.

As I got up gingerly, I knew I'd done some nasty damage to it, as I felt sick in the Stomach.

I got changed and managed to hobble up to a Prefect's Meeting.

Then I somehow managed to walk home on it.

The following Day was a Saturday, and my ankle had swollen to twice the size of the left one.

Dad took me off to Casualty at Farnborough Hospital.

I came back from an X-Ray to be told by the Radiologist, "Thomas you're fine and have broken nothing"

But the Radiologist had picked up the X-Ray of an old Woman, sitting next to me.

The Radiologist apologised profusely and when he looked at my X-Ray, it confirmed a Fracture.

An absolutely true story, and one which could have resulted in me hobbling around on mu fractured ankle, for Weeks. 

After about 7 Weeks, my plaster was removed and the bottom half of my right leg had shrunk and was all shades of green, purple and yellow.

The look on the Nurse's face that cut open my plaster, was a picture.

We'd had a couple of Italian Students staying with us, and they had written all over my plaster, in Italian.

I'm sure some of it was risque, knowing Alessandra and Anna-Maria.

Fracturing my ankle, was a rather drastic way of getting out of taking my mock Maths "O" Level.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

What a beautiful day, I was expecting cloud and drizzle, I have blue sky and sun, and have had that all day so far. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
1 hour ago, alexisj9 said:

What a beautiful day, I was expecting cloud and drizzle, I have blue sky and sun, and have had that all day so far. 

Yep! another rather inaccurate forecast for this region, more sun than expected and warmer temps than forecast (there's a surprise)...21c forecast for here today but 22.4c outside currently.

Belated happy birthday to Tom  (for a moment I thought your wife now felt you looked like the carrot cake)

Edited by Froze were the Days
  • Like 2

Posted

This looks pretty close to perfect to me for September...

C12FCE95-FB78-4006-9B0C-AD25B50E0D8D.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

just got sudden rain here but its not showing up on the radar 

edit: now it has

Edited by Atmogenic

Posted

Why is it still 18c at 10pm?! I am done with humidity! Really enjoyed a few cooler nights, now it’s 23c in the bedroom again - hopefully we’ll get some cooler weather after next weeks warmth

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all,

Well, I finally had my Birthday meal last Night, held over from Tuesday so we could share it with my Stepsons.

We also held it in memory of my much loved Mother-in-Law, who had she been alive would have been 93 Yesterday.

And what a calorific "bomb", it was too.

Starting with a delicious, Bistecca alla Pizzaiola (Italian Steak dish, cooked in the style of a Pizza maker), and accompanied by Garlic/Rosemary Roast Potatoes, and followed by a generous portion of Tiramisu:

image.thumb.png.6d489846cdd632c67c91c9c9fa1dc5e0.png

I even managed a slice of my Birthday Carrot Cake. My Wife really excelled herself, and it was as delicious as the Birthday meal I had at the Italian Restaurant, owned by the Husband of my Niece, on my Birthday last Year.

Just need to my Wife to agree to cook in black, a la Nigella Lawson, to complete a half-Italian's dream:

image.thumb.png.ec7d40380d6401c779877f35717e581c.png

As of yet, to no avail but then again, who needs Nigella when I have Coletta, to keep me fed and watered: 

image.thumb.png.d5bab15e75bd7c1f8bc708c881ea0c7a.png

Need to get back on my Diet now.

Although not before my Wife has served up Tonight's meal of Tortellini (belly button shaped Pasta), served with the left overs of last Night's, augmented in flavour by juices from the Steaks.

Have promised to buy my Wife, Gino D'Acampo's Book:

image.png.159216ec24aee84b823602f0908ae667.png

Which elicited the following response from Colette, "Don't you think I've been tied to the Kitchen enough, lately."

Told my Wife she shouldn't be such a good Cook, and what does she expect being married to a half-Italian? :cc_confused:

Gino originates from a Town called, Torre del Greco, around 25 Miles South of my dearly departed Mother's home Town of Caserta, and like Gino was very much a Neapolitan.

When my Wife returned home from our local Shops on Tuesday, she declared that my Birthday Weather was quote, "Gloopy."

Another term to add to the Meteorological vocabulary, extended this Summer by MeteoGroup's, Tropical Nights. 

Myself and Colette experienced another one of those, last Night. As other Members have stated above, the last few Days and Nights, have indeed been muggy and humid.

My POV won't be popular on some parts of the Forum but I for one can't wait for the liberating "Armies" of yellows, greens and blues on the 500hPa charts, to once and for all to chase away the invading hordes of oranges, for another Summer Season, and its "edges"!!

See, if you hang in there, I will always Post a smidgen of weather related, "stuff."

I hope I havn't fallen foul of the O/T rule, too much and apologies to Malcolm, if I have.

Hope you all have a great Day, "gloopy" or otherwise,

Regards,

Tom and ColettaSE12. :hi:  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Sunny yesterday and very warm at 23.7c but humidity was high. Same again this morning sunny skies however slightly fresher feeling. Can’t wait for some cooler mornings and evenings!

• Like 2

Posted

Sunny and calm with a pleasant current temp here of 17.6c with a fresh feel in the shade, very nice indeed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
On 08/09/2020 at 19:49, General Cluster said:

Happy Birthday, Tom... or should I say, Arthur of The Britonsimage.thumb.png.e0996d40c15d17e0f86b4b69:oldgood:

Any way, today was a real stonker: 24C and plenty of sunshine!

But, on a more somber note... I'm sorry to hear of the death of your beloved cat, @lassie23. Sorry it's taken me so long to respond, but I watched the light go out of my own cat's eyes (after she was run over by a car) way back in 1971! 

There are some things we can never forget... My commiserations, mate!:oldsad:

Thanks Cluster, horrible thing to experience especially when you see them lifeless yet know what they are like in their prime. It had been coming for months because of progressive kidney disease but an infection which is common in weakened cats complicated matters. Whilst burying my cat, I noticed another cat watching us from the shadows and since then, this cat has been sitting by her  grave every night.