Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
3 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Sorry about your cat Lassie.

As for winter, I’m going to predict heavy snow from Dec thru Feb, with 10ft drifts countrywide. And then I’ll wake up and it’ll be boring damp grey nothingness. Girl can dream ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

Thanks blazerblue, I agree about the snow though, may be not 10ft lol but more than we have seen for years

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!
32 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Thank you both for caring. She lived 8 weeks longer than the vets said she would and they also thought she would not live past 8 years old, she was 18 and a half at the end.

Oh wow, what a life! How lucky you were to have her. Cats are special for sure.

• Like 1

Posted
32 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Oh wow, what a life! How lucky you were to have her. Cats are special for sure.

They are great companions, do you have one yourself?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Not a bad day today , It looks like we get another plume coming in a week or so that will be very welcomed by many I’m sure . 

Meanwhile in Denver Colorado . Would love to witness that !!

B145652C-C24F-41AA-A197-41474E162B7C.png

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Not a bad day today , It looks like we get another plume coming in a week or so that will be very welcomed by many I’m sure . 

Lol error surely

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!
3 hours ago, lassie23 said:

They are great companions, do you have one yourself?

I do, he is my baby and I love him more than almost anything in this world. He's a ginger tuxedo and he's the sweetest boy

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
3 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Lol error surely

That's what I thought but it’s not

• Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, Lauren said:

I do, he is my baby and I love him more than almost anything in this world. He's a ginger tuxedo and he's the sweetest boy

My cat was my fav member of the family by a long shot lol

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Mark wheeler said:

So from snow to searing hit...total madness

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Well that was a much nicer weekend than forecasts were suggesting for my location. Dry, plenty of warm sunshine to enjoy with the temp reaching 20.8C yesterday.

It's a beautiful morning to start here, but the skies already clouding over. The satellite nicely shows the approaching cloud with the radar showing the associated rain. The high res models suggest the rain will fizzle rapidly as it moves into our area, so anything reaching us probably nuisance value only. 

2131627918_Cloud07Sept07_20.thumb.jpg.813d1506e3eaf154228faf8f2be0f166.jpg1717648749_Satellite07Sept07_20.thumb.jpg.f7200b685b5242fbc223bf0db3e6ad3a.jpg820045737_Radar07Sept08_10.thumb.jpg.4736bcbdc969d1dd07ab7b14b8be00c5.jpg

The coming week looking very pleasant, with plenty of dry, sunny weather. Tomorrow (Tues) the best day with temps for many getting into the 23C to 25C range according to Arpege. Once again, quite some NW/SE split in UK rainfall over the 7 days.

Tues temps: 1582801703_ArpegeTempTue08Mar16_00.thumb.png.b9edd522af386d56f46cc112ff546aa3.png GFS 7 day rainfall: 581383168_GFScumrainfall07-15Sept.thumb.GIF.7f6e380cdec15920258521ac98aa9ab9.GIF

This little chap should enjoy the week. A male Migrant Hawker dragonfly enjoying the sun yesterday on my neighbour's hedge. Amazing see-through wings:

2011052883_Dragonfly2.thumb.jpg.1e1b4bd8a2437bbc279d29938683a4ad.jpg  1032960337_Dragonfly1.thumb.jpg.5fda1204555b57a63429f42da16c40bc.jpg

• Like 8

Posted

Don’t know what temps went down to here last night,  but we had a light touch of grass frost in shaded areas I noticed on my early morning dog walk, wasn’t expecting that. Looks like some incoming rain from the NW this morning, shame as it started so nice and bright. 

• Like 1

Posted
11 hours ago, Mark wheeler said:

Living in the Canadian Rockies we had that several times. Most impressive was Sep 1 2008. 34oC down to 2oC and about 4 inches of snow.

Conversely many times, on a chinook wind, it went from say minus 15oC up to plus 15oC within hours. It was quite surreal.

Looking back 2008 was an exceptional weather year in the Rockies where I lived. In May we saw 67 cm's of snow from one storm, in Dec we had the coldest day at -36oC and the coldest night at -42oC.  

Nothing out of the ordinary today on my morning walk - nice and sunny with an early Autumn chill that soon faded as the sun worked its magic.

Edited by Coopsy
  • Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, Blazerblue said:

Don’t know what temps went down to here last night,  but we had a light touch of grass frost in shaded areas I noticed on my early morning dog walk, wasn’t expecting that. Looks like some incoming rain from the NW this morning, shame as it started so nice and bright. 

Are you sure it was frost? 

3C833029-ED1C-4753-B2E8-37BC066A8FA2.thumb.png.81fb1920206e41523551dd1dda028495.png

Posted
Just now, Daniel* said:

Are you sure it was frost? 

3C833029-ED1C-4753-B2E8-37BC066A8FA2.thumb.png.81fb1920206e41523551dd1dda028495.png

Certainly looked like frost on some of the grass over the fields, only in shaded areas though. Not heavy, just a light frost. 

Posted
Just now, Blazerblue said:

Certainly looked like frost on some of the grass over the fields, only in shaded areas though. Not heavy, just a light frost. 

It probably wasn’t could have been spider webs or dew that gave the illusion. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Blazerblue said:

I had this the other day. It looked so much like frost I had to go over and touch it. It was dew. I took a pic but it doesn’t highlight that well how white it looked in person.  

D155BEEF-2868-48DB-B025-B5A29BE44F67.jpeg

Edited by Coopsy
  • Like 1

Posted
On 06/09/2020 at 21:44, Mark wheeler said:

It was mentioned on the BBC weather forecast.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

A very mild and cloudy start here this morning with a low of 15.1c, quite muggy as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Good Morning everyone.

A very interesting day yesterday.

My wife & I had a weekend break in a caravan up near Hemsby in Norfolk. Yesterday morning started sunny but just before we left to return home at about 10 a.m. it had completely clouded over. We decided to go via Wroxham on the way home and just after we parked there it started to rain lightly, with occasional heavier bursts. In the end as it was so cool (15C) and unpleasant we decided to cut our losses and go home. The light rain continued on and off for about two thirds of the journey home, but as we travelled more into Essex the weather brightened and the rain had stopped. The temperature had risen too with my car showing 22C. It had not rained at all there and the front must have died a death as it went through later with just residual cloud.

Kind Regards

Dave

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer sunshine

I know it’s not for some, but I’ve just seen the forthcoming temperatures over the next few days/weekend, this has made me very happy. I’m such a sun person and cold weather just really isn’t for me. ☺️☺️☺️

• Like 1