Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

It's been lovely today. Don't care what it does now, school run done, no more walking about to do. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Some interesting skies to end the day.

A2783694-DB9B-4419-B841-B7C3201833B7.jpeg   

BE67E807-1FBF-460B-9C2E-49166AE47C8C.jpeg

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 6

Posted
16 hours ago, lassie23 said:

What a rubbish day, my cat died horribly.

Are you OK lassie? 

Posted

I kinda wish it was raining today, we have a protest down here today, pro and anti immigration, last one ended in a riot. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
15 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

I kinda wish it was raining today, we have a protest down here today, pro and anti immigration, last one ended in a riot. 

You've just reminded me of Thursday night's discussion on LBC... some eejit called in to say that all asylum-seekers should be sent to Pitcairn Island...:shok:

A subject guaranteed to bring out the pillocks!:wallbash:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Amazing sunset here yesterday evening!

4E052555-7FDF-422F-AC12-6F792103296F.jpeg

DSC01556.thumb.JPG.1510c9bd9e0965c85ea8e4f50c4d0da4.JPG

DSC01557.thumb.JPG.6870b36a23de72c06b2981834a8ad5df.JPG

Edited by Zak M
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
11 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

Are you OK lassie? 

Hi Alexis, thanks for asking, my cat died in front of me, she was having spasms and started choking and was unresponsive.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
19 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Hi Alexis, thanks for asking, my cat died in front of me, she was having spasms and started choking and was unresponsive.

Sorry to hear about your cat passing away like that lassie. I’m a cat lover too and it’s horrible when they pass on. I rehomed a cat after mine died a few years back. Each one is quite different in character so it wasn’t like a ‘replacement’ more another journey with another puss. Hope you find the heart to enjoy life with another cat one day, if that is your wish of course

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

A pleasant start here with the odd chance of a shower later, current temp here 9.6c.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
On 04/09/2020 at 20:55, lassie23 said:

So sorry to hear this How sad. Sending you a big virtual hug x

• Like 1

Posted
9 hours ago, Sleighbelle said:

Sorry to hear about your cat passing away like that lassie. I’m a cat lover too and it’s horrible when they pass on. I rehomed a cat after mine died a few years back. Each one is quite different in character so it wasn’t like a ‘replacement’ more another journey with another puss. Hope you find the heart to enjoy life with another cat one day, if that is your wish of course

Yes want another cat for sure, great companions, either a kitten or a rescue cat will be very welcome in my household anytime as it has really upset everyone more than expected here.

1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

So sorry to hear this How sad. Sending you a big virtual hug x

Thanks stainesbloke much appreciated

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

Quote -

Lassie -

"Yes want another cat for sure, great companions, either a kitten or a rescue cat will be very welcome in my household anytime as it has really upset everyone more than expected here."

So sorry to hear your sad news, Lassie. Read about your upsetting news, late last Night.

It's very difficult when they become part of the Family, and pass away.

Myself and Colette had a lovely little Tabby Girl called Sasha, who had to be put down a few Years ago.

A few Years earlier when I was TomSE20 and lived in Anerley, my ex-Girlfriend and myself had a beautiful Chinchilla Persian, called Sylvie. She was the spitting image of the Cat on the Gourmet Cat Food advert. Beautiful green eyes and black "eyeliner." We bought her from a Breeder in Morden, Surrey. At the same time, we bought a 12 Week old, Red Tabby Kitten, who we named Joey. He was the spitting image of the "Go Cat" Cat.

When Joey reached around 10 Months, he and Sylvie mated. Sylvie had a litter of 5 Persian Tabby Kittens. One became a runt and died after a few Days but was a beautiful stripped, smoky grey colour.

We kept a Boy and a Girl but sadly the Girl developed a facial tumour and had to be put down.

Joey lived a charmed life and one Day jumped out of our 2nd Floor Kitchen Window, and got himself a bloody nose, for his troubles. But he also sadly passed away, when he caught a nasty virus and he developed a chest infection, and died gasping for air, just as we got him to a Vet's in South Croydon.

I'm sure you have some wonderful memories of your beloved Cat.

Take care Lassie, myself and Colette are thinking of you.

Very best wishes,

Tom and ColetteSE12. :hi:

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, TomSE12 said:

Morning all,

Quote -

Lassie -

"Yes want another cat for sure, great companions, either a kitten or a rescue cat will be very welcome in my household anytime as it has really upset everyone more than expected here."

So sorry to hear your sad news, Lassie. Read about your upsetting news, late last Night.

It's very difficult when they become part of the Family, and pass away.

Myself and Colette had a lovely little Tabby Girl called Sasha, who had to be put down a few Years ago.

A few Years earlier when I was TomSE20 and lived in Anerley, my ex-Girlfriend and myself had a beautiful Chinchilla Persian, called Sylvie. She was the spitting image of the Cat on the Gourmet Cat Food advert. Beautiful green eyes and black "eyeliner." We bought her from a Breeder in Morden, Surrey. At the same time, we bought a 12 Week old, Red Tabby Kitten, who we named Joey. He was the spitting image of the "Go Cat" Cat.

When Joey reached around 10 Months, he and Sylvie mated. Sylvie had a litter of 5 Persian Tabby Kittens. One became a runt and died after a few Days but was a beautiful stripped, smoky grey colour.

We kept a Boy and a Girl but sadly the Girl developed a facial tumour and had to be put down.

Joey lived a charmed life and one Day jumped out of our 2nd Floor Kitchen Window, and got himself a bloody nose, for his troubles. But he also sadly passed away, when he caught a nasty virus and he developed a chest infection, and died gasping for air, just as we got him to a Vet's in South Croydon.

I'm sure you have some wonderful memories of your beloved Cat.

Take care Lassie, myself and Colette are thinking of you.

Very best wishes,

Tom and ColetteSE12. :hi:

Thank you for your kind words Tom and sorry to hear of all the cats you have lost in the past. Do you have a cat at the moment? Yes I have a lot of memories and in her 18 and a half years, she never scratched or bit me and only showed me affection. A rare cat indeed, all the best to you and Colette.

• Like 1

Posted
13 hours ago, lassie23 said:

So sorry to hear about your cat passing Lassie.

Huge hugs xxx

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Natty68 said:

So sorry to hear about your cat passing Lassie.

Huge hugs xxx

Thanks natty very much appreciated. I haven't seen you before in this thread, are you new? Shame there isn't much happening weather wise to take my mind off things. Seems to be turning into a benign start to September, I do have a feeling a very different winter is in store this year. It all rest on the October Fog Index now though lol. Would a harsh winter create major problems with COVID. Going to be a pretty scary winter that is for sure.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Because i'm bored a yearly outlook

January

Rain above average

High 17oc 

Low - 3oc

Snow little to none

february

rain above average

high 19oc

Low 2oc

snow little

Edited by Xanderp009

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms
1 hour ago, Xanderp009 said:

Because i'm bored a yearly outlook

January

Rain above average

High 17oc 

Low - 3oc

Snow little to none

february

rain above average

high 19oc

Low 2oc

snow little

Personally i think this winter could be a bit different this year, just a gut feeling. #Bing crosby, "i'm dreaming of a white christmas". 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!
On 04/09/2020 at 19:55, lassie23 said:

Oh my goodness,  I am so sorry Lassie

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A fairly reasonable day with some good spells of sunshine, though cloud did build during the after.

This was taken in a field north of Peterborough at the site of an old Saxon settlement. Now sheep are it’s only inhabitants.

C8352332-845F-4715-B65B-5DF2063ECF73.jpeg

Sorry for your loss @lassie23

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Oh my goodness,  I am so sorry Lassie

7 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

A fairly reasonable day with some good spells of sunshine, though cloud did build during the after.

This was taken in a field north of Peterborough at the site of an old Saxon settlement. Now sheep are it’s only inhabitants.

C8352332-845F-4715-B65B-5DF2063ECF73.jpeg

Sorry for your loss @lassie23

Thank you both for caring. She lived 8 weeks longer than the vets said she would and they also thought she would not live past 8 years old, she was 18 and a half at the end.

Posted
4 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Thanks natty very much appreciated. I haven't seen you before in this thread, are you new? Shame there isn't much happening weather wise to take my mind off things. Seems to be turning into a benign start to September, I do have a feeling a very different winter is in store this year. It all rest on the October Fog Index now though lol. Would a harsh winter create major problems with COVID. Going to be a pretty scary winter that is for sure.

Sorry about your cat Lassie.

As for winter, I’m going to predict heavy snow from Dec thru Feb, with 10ft drifts countrywide. And then I’ll wake up and it’ll be boring damp grey nothingness. Girl can dream ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

• Like 2